Accident Waiting to Happen

Accident Waiting to Happen

Chapter 1:

 

AT THE PARK:


She was kneeling down and bent down, looking at something right in front of her, she was so serious at what she was doing, she does not notice her surroundings or the people around her, she was lost in time and only has in mind what was in-front of her.

She was wearing a round neck white hanging fitted t-shirt with short sleeves and faded blue jeans, with a few torn areas she intentionally placed, and she had made a few designs she had done on her pants. And  she was wearing a black rubber shoes with a unique design she again made.

She had a black rimmed eye glasses on and was wearing a cap with a long ponytail beneath it. She had no make up on, neither does she wear any face powder. She uses no cologne or perfume, but only smelled of soap and shampoo that she used. She had no jewelry on except for her earrings.

She had a few bags close by and another one right beside her that she used at that moment.



There were children running chasing each other and a few more playing with a soccer ball. There were families that had spread out mats and blankets and with containers of cooked food nearby. They even had jugs nearby, too. A few even were grilling their food not a far distance from where they had positioned their mats.

There was a designated area for the bicycles and some brought their own bicycles, but others opted to rent it. There were all sorts of bicycles that you would see at the park that day, a six wheeled bike for children, a racers bike for teenagers, a regular or a long distance bike for adults, sidecars, doubled up bicycles, and even had a foursome bike that day. There was even 3 two sided wheeled motored bicycle.



"Irene!!.. Irene!!" Somebody was calling her name, but she did not hear it. She was so intent on what she was doing, and kept on studying the thing in front of her.

"Hay Irene!!..Irene!!!" Apple came closer to where Irene was and topped her on the shoulder.

Irene was surprised and turned her head to see who it was who touched her.

"Oh Apple it's you."

"Irene I have been calling you for ages, but it seems you did not hear me. You are in your world again, I guess."

Irene reached out for Apple's hand and pulled her down beside her, "Apple, come and take a look at this."

She had no choice but to sit beside Irene. There was no stopping her once she gets into this mind set. Luckily for her, she had worn jeans that day. She had a three buttoned purple t-shirt with collar with short sleeves and was up to her hip line.

But, unlike Irene, she was wearing sandals. She likes a particular cologne that she loved to use, and she liked putting on make-up and wore a few jewelry on a daily bases. She has a long straight jet black hair, which she wore often with only a headband on.

She took a look, and, at first, did not know what she was looking at.. so, she bend down more to get a better look. And found a tiny tiny flower a midst the grass. There was a magnifying glass nearby among Irene's things, so she took that and bend down closer, and looked at the tiny flower.

" Wow Irene, this is beautiful! But.. but it's so tiny."

"I know, that is why I was all bent to look at it. I'm trying to remember, if I ever came across one of this before. And, I was trying to think, what kind it is and to what family of flowers does it belong to."

Irene was in her own train of thought talking to Apple, " It's similar to something I found before, and to another I have researched on."

She spoke, while she stared at her , holding a hand infront of her, palms up, facing Irene, "OOOOOHHHH Better stop right there, Irene. You are about to go on again, with names of flowers... and, I have no idea about them. I am not a biologist, like you."

Irene smiled at Apple, "I'm sorry!! You know me so well. Sometimes, I forget that you are not familiar to them."

She rolled her eyes and exhaled, " Well anyway, I came to call you to come and eat. The food is already ready, and everything is already all set."

With concern in her voice, Irene spoke, " I need to take this, and place it in a pot, and find a good container for it. I need it, to study it further... I was just about to take a few pictures, too."

With a raised eyebrow, " That will take some time, knowing how you do this things. Why don't you come back later, after your meal? Just mark it and place a good cover for it, so you would know where to find it again."

Irene with a frown, " I can't, somebody might step on it. I can't take that chance."

Apple with a one corner lip smile, " Just as I thought, you are not about to leave something you found, just so easily. Well, let me get you some food then, and you can eat right here."

"That is not necessary, I'll just eat later, no need for you to bring me any food."

Spoke with a pout, "Ya right, I know you, you'll forget to eat, altogether. And I'm not having it! I'll be right back with your food. And you better eat something. I'm telling you!"

Apple went back to their area, among their family and a few friends to get Irene some food.

Irene knew better, she should do what she was told to do, or Apple will not stop, until she ate or she will not be able to concentrate on what she was doing, for Apple will be staying by her side.