Frustrations

It's A Love/Hate Relationship

As I was unpacking everything from the trip, I realized I still had the jacket that I bought with Kai in mind. ‘Aish, why did I even buy it for that brat anyways?’ I asked myself. I threw the bag somewhere with all my other stuff that I would bring with me the next time I had work.

I fell back onto my bed, thinking about the trip and everything that happened and fiddled with the ring that Luhan gave me which was now around one of my fingers.

I was so lucky to have him, he gave me everything I ever wanted. Sure, he wasn’t there all the time and I missed him when wasn’t around but he would always make sure I was happy. He was smart, talented, nice, gentle, jealous but not too much. He was just perfect.

‘Unlike that stupid brat.’ I thought to myself. Jongin never texted me back since I sent him my apology. Maybe I wasn’t forgiven yet.

I shook my head and wiped the thought away, I wasn’t going to let him ruin my happiness right now. But still...I had to thank him. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t have been able to see Luhan any time soon, none of this would have happened...

I sighed, I missed Luhan already. I reached for my phone and began typing to him.

From: Yoonae
How was your flight? I miss you already :(
I love the present by the way, and I love you too <3

Not long after, there was a reply.

From: Luhan
It was okay, pretty tiring. I’m sick of checking into hotels. I just wanna go back to Korea now.
I’m glad you liked the gift. You should sleep now, you must be tired too. We’ll talk soon alright?

From: Yoonae
Alright. Goodnight!

From: Luhan
Goodnight, sweet dreams <3

I pulled my covers over me and checked my ring one more time. Always and Forever.

“I hope it stays that way....I really do love you Luhan-ah....I miss you.”

---

When I went to work on Thursday, I immediately went up to Kai and tried talking to him. But he ignored me. Luckily for me though, I managed to have a word with him as I was doing his makeup.

“Hey Jongin, are you still mad at me?”

No response. I stopped what I was doing and he opened his eyes to give me a hostile glare.

“What are you doing? Why aren’t you doing your work?” He demanded. I shivered. I wasn’t used to this type of response especially from him.

“I...I just wanted to talk to you. Did you get my text last week?”

“My phone broke last Wednesday.” He said simply.

“Oh...well I texted you and-”

“Aren’t you supposed to be doing my makeup right now?” I froze at his comment and slowly began working again.

“Listen Jongin, I-”

“Do I have a choice?” He retorted coldly. I felt a pain in my chest from his attitude. Never has he spoken to me this way before. I mean sure, we made fun of each other a lot and everything but...it was never like this.

“I talked to Baekhyun last week after our argument and...he told me that you helped me get this job. I really want to say thank you for that.”

“It’s not a big deal.” He told me. He opened his eyes as I was finally done applying makeup there. He friendliness returned slightly which made me relax as well.

“It’s not a big deal for you but, it really means a lot to me.”

I finished up his makeup and we talked a bit more.

“If it wasn’t for your help, I wouldn’t be having such a great part time job, I wouldn’t be having any income at all and also, I wouldn’t have been able to see Luhan again.”

“You’re welcome, I’m just glad that you’re happy.” Jongin said.  “I’m sorry for lashing out the other day too. I kind of regretted it when you weren’t here.”

“Oh, so you missed me.” I with a grin.

“N-no!” He stuttered. “I’m just mad that they messed it up last time.”

“Sureeee because that’s what Baekhyun-oppa told me.” I replied sarcastically.

“Wait. What did he tell you?”

“Oh nothing. Just that you were throwing a temper tantrum because I wasn’t here.” I said. He scoffed.

“I was just angry because they messed up my makeup!”

“Well I bet it was because you weren’t co-operating! You and your prince syndrome!”

“I do not have a prince syndrome!”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh please Jongin, you are the definition of spoiled, arrogant and egoistic.”

“Am not!”

“Prove it!”

“I got you the job didn’t I?” He argued. I nodded my head.

“But you also called me your slave last week didn’t you?”

“I said I was sorry!”

“Well too bad!”

“You know what? I hired you to be my assistant and to work for me but you’re the one that decided to run off with Luhan.” Great, now we were back on this topic again.

“You didn’t hire me Jongin, the company did and I didn’t run away to Luhan, I was sent there to work!”

“I bet you had fun though didn’t you?” What kind of accusation was that?

“Of course I had fun! I took a trip to Indonesia and I got to meet my idols and I got to spend time with my boyfriend, what do you think?”

“So you should have stayed with him there then, why come back to me? I’m obviously not your priority!”

I stopped for a while and took in his expression. This was getting bad. Neither of us was joking anymore and Jongin seemed really angry.

“Jongin, Luhan may be my boyfriend but when it comes to work, you are my priority.”

He backed down a bit and pouted...wait...Kim Jongin....pouted?

“Awwww are you jealous?” I cooed. He immediately stopped pouting and glared at me.

“I am not jealous. And for your information, if I was your priority, you wouldn’t have gone to Singapore last week-”

“Indonesia.” I corrected him. He let out a growl in frustration.

“Indonesia or whatever- you wouldn’t have been with HIM last week!” He snapped and got up, pushing me out of his way and stormed out the door again.

I stumbled backwards but luckily, a pair of arms supported me from behind. I turned to find Baekhyun smiling at me.

“Oh...sorry. I should probably do your make up right now too.” I told him and pulled him over to the chair where Jongin was just moments ago.

I worked on his makeup absentmindedly as I thought about the argument that Jongin and I just had. Things were getting serious again and just when we resolved one thing, another argument arised between us.

I sighed as I finished Baekhyun’s get up and started to pack my things away.

“Hey Yoonae, are you okay? You don’t look so well.” Baekhyun said as he got up and made me sit down in the chair. He brushed his hand over my forehead and frowned.

“I think you might be catching a fever.”

I looked up and tried to smile convincingly at him but I felt it too. My head spun a bit but I immediately steadied myself. There was no time to be sick, I still had to clean up for now, make sure all the boys had their proper outfits and I still had to find Kai....I didn’t want to leave that argument unsolved.

“I’m fine, I’ll just drink more water and take some medicine after.” I told him. “It was probably because I stayed up late to study for my test this morning.”

He didn’t look pleased but he let me up anyways so that I could grab the remaining accessories that the boys needed.

While they were all performing, I took the opportunity to relax and take a nap. All the other staff members told me I was unnaturally pale as well so eventually I gave in.

Forcing myself to get up when the hustle of all the members filled the room, I immediately went around, helping them take off their accessories, mics and what not before cleaning up. Afterwards, I spotted Jongin coming out from the change room and handing his clothes to another staff member, I walked over to him and tried to talk to him.

“Jongin, can we talk, please?”

He ignored me and continued walking. I continued walking after him, into the halls, past a few other people, still trying to get his attention but he wouldn’t budge.

He walked to the vending machine around the corner, bought something, ignored me again and began walking back. I followed after him but eventually, I found myself falling more and more behind. Why was he walking so fast?

The world around me started blurring and everything was uneven.

“Jongin.” I tried calling to him one more time but it was no use.

Everything went black.

 

---

A/N: Hi hi hi hi hi! I'm tired......and sleepy....it was a long Friday. Thought a lot about my future....so tired and it's past midnight right now. Usually I'm pretty good with it but...I don't know why, I'm just tired.

Anyways, thanks for the comments and subscribers! As always, it means a lot to me.

Back to more KaiYoon for a bit =]

Until next update~

-Ryeowook, Sungmin, Taemin, Kai, Luhan, Chen, Chanyeol, Sehun, Youngmin, Kwangmin and Baekhyun's Wifey