Progress

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

Over the next few days, Luhan feels some of the pain start to fade away from his breakup.

He’s even come up with a nickname for Jongin, too: Kai.

Jongin is delighted and tells Luhan to start calling him that as much as he wants.

“It’s like we have pet names for each other!” he says.

Luhan still blushes like crazy when Jong- Kai calls him Lulu.

And Jongin grins like an idiot when he heard Luhan call him Kai.

Soon, they’ve known each other for a week. And beside some weird glances from Sehun, a few sneers directed at them, and some insulting words, Luhan hasn’t had a run in with Sehun in a while and he’s almost completely forgotten how much he worshipped the other boy.

Key word: almost.

In fact, Luhan is happily on his way to meet Kai at a café during the weekend when something happens. He’s just texted Kai.

Hi Kai ^^ I’m on my way now, I’ll be there in a few minutes! I’m walking up the block now!”

K~ Hurry up I want to see my Lulu! :P

Luhan smiles happily and tucks his phone back into his pocket. When he looks up, the smile drops off his face and a faint ‘Oh’ escapes.

He stares in the direction of where the sunlight is perfectly hitting Oh Sehun, accentuating his fair skin, bright eyes and perfect features. Luhan is so mesmerized he doesn’t realize he’s been staring for a full 5 minutes until Sehun looks in his direction and smirks, beginning to walk towards him.

Luhan starts to panic, looking around for an escape route, but he is frozen when Sehun walks up to him and backs him up against a wall, placing his hand next to Luhan’s head.

“Still got the hots for me, Luhan?” Sehun purrs into his ear.

Luhan splutters and tries to regain his composure, but he can’t seem to look Sehun in the eye as he responds.

“N-no.....I don’t, S-sehun...”

Sehun smirks and presses his face closer; using his other hand to grip Luhan’s chin and force his face to look up at him.

“Look me in the eye and say it and maybe I’ll believe you.”

Luhan gulps and stares at Sehun wide eyed. He opens his mouth and closes it again, but no words seem to come out.

“That’s what I thought.”

Sehun leans in closer and Luhan shuts his eyes, bracing himself for whatever’s going to happen when he hears Kai.

“LUHAN!”

Luhan whips his head to the side and shouts in relief.

“Kai!”

Sehun turns his head too.

Kai?

He sees Jongin running towards them furiously.

He looks at Luhan and is stunned to see the happiness and relief on his face upon seeing him. For some reason unknown to him, his chest stings.

Jongin runs up and glares at Sehun before ripping Luhan out of his arms and hugging him, brushing his hair.

“You didn’t show up even though you said you were a few minutes away so I went looking for you. You’re okay right? He didn’t do anything?”

“No, Kai. He didn’t do anything.”

Sehun scoffs before he can stop himself.

“Kai? Lulu? You guys are on the pet names already? Jeez, shut it with the corniness already.”

Kai glares at him.

“Don’t call me Kai. Only Luhan can call me that.”

“Pfft. Whatever, loser. Have fun with my sloppy seconds. On that note, here.”

Sehun pulls a half eaten sandwich from his backpack and throws it at Kai, landing at his feet.

Kai’s eyes blaze and he steps forward, ready to pummel Sehun into the ground when Luhan grasps his arm, doe eyes looking up at him pitifully and he falters.

“No....don’t do it, Kai. Please. It’s not worth fighting over.”

“Are you kidding?! He just referred to you as his sloppy seconds!”

Luhan bites his lip, looking at Sehun with bright shining eyes that somehow make his heart clench.

Neither of them were expecting what came out of Luhan’s mouth.

“....But I am sloppy seconds. No one wants someone as pitiful as me, that’s what I’ve always been told.” He finishes softly, looking down at the ground and scuffing his feet against the concrete.

Sehun suddenly feels sick to his stomach.

Kai on the other hand just does what he’s been doing all along.

He lifts Luhan’s chin to look him in the eye and says “Well, that’s what you have me for. To prove all of that wrong and that yes, you are beautiful and kind and very much wanted by many people. Trust me; I’ve heard a lot of people talk about you.”

Luhan’s cheeks turn slightly pink and his lips curve up into a tiny smile.

Kai gives one more glance at Sehun who is staring at them emotionlessly, before throwing his arm around Luhan and turning him the other direction.

“Now, come on! Cheer up Lulu-baby. Let’s go have fun today; I planned a lot for our little date today! ~” He says in a sing song way.

Luhan drops his gaze and grumbles softly, “This isn’t a date idiot.”

They leave Sehun to ponder his sudden change in feelings.

Sehun goes to one of his more understanding friends who doesn’t judge him for what he does.

“Baekhyun!” He calls into the dimly lit apartment.

He hears a grumble and a door slam somewhere.

A disheveled face pops out of nowhere, scaring Sehun to the point of falling on his .

He swears and clutches his racing chest.

“ing god, Baekhyun, you do this every time and I’m still not used to it.”

Baekhyun smiled bashfully and offered a hand to him.

“Sorry! I can’t help it! But come on, let’s sit and you can tell Baekhyunnie about all your problems.”

They sat down on a comfy worn out couch where Baekhyun looked at him expectantly.

“So......do you want me to ask you questions or will you just start talking?”

“Hold up. I’m thinking about where to start.”

Baekhyun quirked an eyebrow. Sehun normally never took the time to think about things.

It must be serious.

Sehun opened his mouth and Baekhyun leaned forward to listen.

“Remember that flower boy Luhan? The really pretty Chinese boy that I had for a while? Literally the day after I broke up with him, I see him smiling and laughing with some other guy and it pissed me off to no end. Then after school at our dance club, he ends up dancing with that same guy in front of the entire class because the teacher went on about some about ‘connection with your partner’ and ‘letting the emotion flow through you’ or some like that! And the entire ing time I wanted to rip Jongin’s guts out for touching Luhan and I swear, everytime I see Luhan giggle when he’s around Jongin- they even have ing pet names for each other now!! It sickens me to no end, hearing Jongin call Luhan ‘Lulu’ and seeing Luhan look happy at the sound of it, and he calls Jongin ‘Kai’ first of all what kind of a ing nickname is that and second of all why didn’t he have a nickname for me, it’s like they’re going out but they’re not and-“

Baekhyun couldn’t help it. He giggled, his hand flying up to cover his snorts of laughter.

Sehun looked at him incredulously.

“I’m spilling my heart out to you which by the way is a goddamn privilege, and you sit there laughing at me? I don’t have to take this !”

Sehun got up to make for the door, but an iron like grip on his arm prevented him from doing so. He looked back to see Baekhyun still laughing at him.

Sehun started to get upset. He really thought Baekhyun would be more understanding.

“You know.....I came to you for advice. You’re the only one I can actually talk to about these things. If you’re just going to laugh at me, I’ll leave.”

Before he could turn away, Baekhyun stood up abruptly and pointed a finger at him, his eyes blazing.

He poked Sehun’s chest with each word, chortling as he spoke.

“You, my dearest Sehunnie, are jealous.”

Sehun froze, before laughing nervously and running a hand through his hair.

“Me? The great Sehun, jealous over someone like Luhan? That’s not possible.”

Baekhyun smiled gently at Sehun and patted him on the shoulder.

“Go home, Sehun-ah. Think about what you said to me, and if you need any more help, my door is always open.”

Sehun nodded numbly before stepping outside, letting the air hit him in the face. He took a deep breath, stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked home, thinking hard.

Over the next few days in school, he merely observed Jongin and Luhan. He said and did nothing, merely watching their behavior and seeing how he himself felt.

And to his utter resentment, Baekhyun was right. There was no denying it.

He, Oh Sehun, was jealous of Jongin and Luhan’s relationship.

It absolutely infuriated him the way Luhan would look so happy upon seeing Jongin or Kai as he was now known by.

Why did Luhan never look like that when they were together?

He loathed seeing Kai wrap his arms around Luhan, or rest his hand in the small of Luhan’s back almost protectively and possessively.

‘Sehunnie!’ He grunted as he felt Luhan wrap his arms around him before shaking him off and turning around to glare at him.

‘What’s wrong with you Luhan?!’

‘I-I just wanted to hug you......’

‘Not here! People are staring!’

‘S-sorry....’

He hated seeing how Luhan would blush if Kai looked at him a certain way.

He remembers how Luhan would blush every time he so much as glanced in Luhan’s direction.

Sehun groans and smacks his head repeatedly on his desk.

‘Man, I’ve really ed up on this one....’ He mumbles to himself.

He replays all of their memories in his head and even winces at a few select ones on how cruel he was to poor Luhan.

For the next few days, he just stares and pines after Luhan, growing into a morose and quiet boy until his group of friends notice and begins bothering him about it.

He follows numbly as Chanyeol and Kris practically drag him to a corner in the lunchroom. The two of them give Sehun their best faces.

“Spill, Sehun.”

He took a deep breath and stared at his two friends morosely before mumbling his response quickly.

“IthinkImighthaveactuallyreallylikedLuhanandnowthatKaiisalloverhimI’mjealousandIwantLuhanback.”

“Excuse me?”

Sehun took a deep breath and swallowed his pride and told them again, slowly.

Kris’s face held an expression of absolutely glee while Chanyeol looked horrified. He put his head in his hands and wailed.

“Nooooooo! Our poor Sehunnie has fallen into the clutches of that vile thing called love!”

Kris snorted and smacked Chanyeol.

“I think it’s about damn time. I’m sick of seeing you hook up with whoever, whenever! But you do have a problem here. Jongin normally doesn’t even talk to people, for him to be so close to Luhan, he probably likes him too.”

Sehun felt himself snarl.

“Luhan was mine first!”

Kris, again, gave him his best face.

“And you, being the idiotic playboy you are, let go of him. So it’s pretty much your own fault because you didn’t realize how much of a catch he is.”

Sehun stayed silent.

Chanyeol and Kris exchanged a look.

Chanyeol spoke quietly.

“Well, Sehun, this is pretty obvious, but I’ll say it anyways. First of all, you’re a ing idiot. Second of all......go be a man, apologize, and try to win him back. I wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t though, I’m not gonna lie some of the things you said and did to him were pretty harsh.”

“.....I know. I regret it now. I didn’t know he would actually end up meaning so much to me.”

 Chanyeol sighed.

“Okay, you know what; me and Kris will take care of this. You, in the meantime work out what you’re gonna say to Luhan. God, Jongin is going to have a fit......”

Sehun quirked an eyebrow but nonetheless complied.

“Thanks, hyungs!”

The two of them nodded and turned around and stopped.

“Oh, speak of the devil.....”

Sehun looked up and grit his jaw. There came Luhan and Kai, walking through the doors laughing. As always, Kai had an arm around Luhan, but this time he had hooked it over Luhan’s waist and hooked his thumb into one of Luhan’s belt loops. It was like he was making a gesture for everyone to see that Luhan was his now.

“Okay, I’ve had enough.”

Kris and Chanyeol barely had a warning before Sehun barreled through them, looking pissed off as hell.

It seemed like the entire cafeteria was silent as Sehun marched up to the laughing couple.

He tore Luhan out of Kai’s grasp and looked him in the eye.

“We need to talk, Luhan.”

He started to walk away gripping onto Luhan’s hand, but a tug from the other side stopped him.

He turned to see Kai holding onto Luhan’s other hand, looking furious.

“Let go of him, Sehun,” He hissed.

“I need to talk to him!”

“Let go, Sehun. I’m only saying this one more time.”

Sehun snarled and let go of Luhan’s hand.

“Fine. You won’t let me have one private moment with Luhan? I’ll do it here and now.”

Sehun turned to look at Luhan, his eyes blazing as he met Luhan’s frightened ones.

Immediately he softened and stepped forward to cradle Luhan’s face in his hands. Luhan flinched and Sehun bit his lip, contemplating for a moment before he went and threw his arms around Luhan, murmuring apologies into his ear.

“Luhan I’m sorry, so, so, sorry I know you probably won’t and can’t forgive me but please think about it. I’ve been thinking hard and I’m sorry to have treated you like a piece of but you’re definitely not, you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me. I was a fool, please say you’ll forgive me, all I’m asking is for one more chance to make you mine, I know I can treat you better than Kai ever would!”

The cafeteria was deathly silent as Luhan began to shake and quiver in Sehun’s arms.

Seeing this, Kai shot Sehun the deadliest glare he could and gently pried Luhan from Sehun’s arms. Luhan’s face was completely and utterly blank, but his eyes were rapidly filling with tears. Kai gently brushed some of these tears away, before wrapping an arm around him and turning him around.

The two of them walked out the cafeteria with Kai muttering reassurances into Luhan’s ear. After they left, Sehun could only stare at their retreating backs until the cafeteria burst into noise again.

He groaned and hid his face in his hands.

“ it all to hell.”


Sorry, not an update! I'm working on it, just answer the poll please xD