Lingering Feelings

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

The next day, everyone ‘aw’ed when a blushing Luhan walked into school holding onto Kai’s hand, hiding behind a smug and happy looking Kai. They cooed over them, giving their congratulations and commenting to each other.

“Oh, my god. They’re so cute.”

“Look at Luhan! He’s so adorable, the dear boy. I hope they last together!”

“I’m so happy for them.”

On and on and on it went, making the two new boyfriends look at each other shyly until one particular whisper cut through all the noise and chatter.

“Uh oh....I mean I’m happy for them, but what about Sehun?”

Silence descended in the hall.

Luhan clutched tightly at Kai’s hand and looked up at him a bit fearfully, but Kai only looked thoughtful.

With a sly grin, he glanced down at Luhan and pecked his nose, before raising Luhan’s hand in the air.

“Well, he’ll just have to deal with it, won’t he?”

With that he whistled, walking down the hallway with Luhan.

A collection of squeals and muffled screaming was heard after they left the hallway.

When the two of them walked into the classroom, Kai’s expression grew even more gleeful when he noticed that Sehun was inside, laughing with his buddies.

You won’t be laughing for long, .

He saw Sehun glance over at them and snort, before doing a double take and standing up to stare at them.

Kai raised an eyebrow at him, before Luhan peeked over his shoulder to look up at him.

“Kai? Is something wrong? You’re not moving?”

 “Nope, nothing’s wrong, cutie. Just got distracted for a moment.”

Luhan puffed his cheeks out in annoyance before clutching at Kai’s arm even harder, pretty much hugging it to his body.

“Omo....you’re so airheaded. Why do I even like you....”

Kai felt satisfaction course through his body as Sehun’s mouth dropped open.

Kai stuck his tongue out at Luhan before turning his cheek the other way, pointing at it.

Luhan blushed but reached up on his tiptoes to peck Kai’s cheek in full view of Sehun, completely oblivious to the feelings going through Sehun at the moment.

Kai smirked as he saw Sehun visibly struggle to not snap, his hands clutching at air and his eyes seeming to bleed red.

He tugged Luhan up the stairs with him, mouthing ‘Your loss’ to Sehun before sitting down and completely ignoring him the rest of the class, blissfully tangling him and Luhan’s fingers together and playing footsie under the table.

Even though they were caught by the teacher, all she did was shake her head in amusement and say rather loudly, “Oh, lovebirds,” causing the class to erupt in laughter and Luhan to turn into a tomato.

Once the bell rang, Kai quickly jumped out of his seat and grabbed all of their things, with Luhan protesting.

“Kai, I’m not a girl! I can carry my own things!”

“But I want to spoil you!”

Luhan flushed and looked away, obviously trying to hide his happiness.

Sehun all of a sudden bumped through the two of them, causing Kai to nearly drop all the books.

Kai glared at Sehun, automatically stepping closer to Luhan, who only stared at Sehun fearfully.

Sehun glared back at Kai, clenching his hands tight enough for his knuckles to become white, before he glanced over at Luhan and seemed to deflate, looking almost remorseful. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but closed it and walked away with his head bowed.

Kai turned to look at Luhan, who was looking after Sehun with a slightly longing look and frowned.

Does Luhan still love Sehun....?

He went through the rest of the day with a troubled mind. Sehun had bumped into them a few more times, his face growing dark. He kept opening his mouth as if to say something, but only closed it and walked away with a pained expression. This happened several times, leaving Kai frustrated and Luhan bewildered and slightly hopeful.

 

Then, finally, it happened.

There was a class where the 5 of them were together: Kris, Chanyeol, Luhan, Kai and Sehun.

At the beginning of class, the three boys caught each other’s eyes and nodded. Today would be the day where Sehun would (hopefully) get Luhan back.

Kris and Chanyeol were on good terms with Kai, so they went over to his desk and started up a conversation with Kai, who seemed to relax into it and start paying less attention to Luhan, who was only staring off into space.

Sehun waited for the signal.

“So, Kai, what do you think of the new video game that was just released?”

1,2,3. Chanyeol made a bingo sign on his back, alerting Sehun.

Kai’s eyes brightened up and he immediately got excited.

Once you got him started on games, he would never stop talking.

Quickly, Sehun slithered his way over to Luhan’s side, gently prodding him. Luhan jolted with a start, looking up at Sehun with wide doe eyes that made him melt.

“wha-“

Sehun placed a finger on Luhan’s lips, cutting him off. A slight blush spread across his cheeks.

“Can you....can you just come with me please? I just want to talk to you, I swear.”

Luhan hesitated.

Kris glanced their way, before subtly moving so that his body covered Kai’s point of view, hiding the two of them.

Sehun reached a hand out to Luhan, who stared at it.

“Please, Lulu-baby?”

A million thoughts were racing through Luhan’s head. But, against his better judgment, he slowly took Sehun’s hand, who smiled and promptly led them out of the classroom and onto the roof of the school.

~

At the top of the roof, Sehun took a deep breath and turned to face Luhan, grasping his hands.

“Luhan....” he murmured softly.

Luhan shuddered at the sound of Sehun’s husky voice and forced himself to look into Sehun’s eyes.

Sehun’s eyes were bright with unspoken words and emotions. Luhan’s breath hitched, reminding him of why he fell for him in the first place.

“I’ll say this as many times as I need to. I’m sorry, so truly sorry for ever insulting you and degrading you and treating you less than the perfect being you are. Can you think about giving me another chance? I’ll wait as long as I have to for your choice. I swear.”

Luhan slowly pushed himself back from Sehun’s grasp, calmly noting the way that Sehun’s fingers suddenly clenched as if they already missed the feel of holding him close.

Luhan opened his mouth to speak, but Sehun shushed him with a finger and smiled ever so gently at him.

“Don’t say a word, Luhan. Just think about what I said. I’ll be waiting, I swear.”

Grasping his hand, Sehun left with a lingering kiss on his hand, eyes boring into Luhan. He left first, the click of the door leaving Luhan to silence and his thoughts. After a few moments, he went back to the classroom and sat back down, being silent.

He saw Kai throw his head back in laughter and immediately felt awful.

What am I doing?


I'm so sorry!!!! There's too much ing homework, I honestly only got half an hour of sleep on Friday from all the homework I got ;_; please bare with me, the story is close to being finished