The Beginning

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

“I’m sorry. It’s not going to work for me. Because, you see.....I realized that I didn’t actually like you.”

Luhan’s heart drops with each word that falls from Sehun’s lips. He can only watch and listen helplessly, as the beautiful boy he’s fallen for smirks in front of him.

“Sorry, Lulu-baby. See you around, though.”

Luhan stands still as Sehun brushes past him, bumping his shoulder.

He waits until he hears his footsteps fade before breaking down.

Whimpering, Luhan curls himself into a little ball and sobs quietly, rocking himself back and forth until he falls asleep on the cold, hard floor.

~

Luhan opens his eyes sleepily, only to find that his head is cushioned on someone’s lap. Someone is his head and singing a sweet lullaby, humming softly. He also notices that there’s a warm jacket smelling faintly of the woods covering him. It’s comforting. He listens a little longer, closing his eyes and listening to the sweet, crooning and husky voice.

Surprising himself, he starts to sing, recognizing the tune. The humming stops abruptly, and so does the petting. Luhan’s voice falters, but then the boy starts humming again, this time his hands stopping to rest gently on Luhan’s cheek.

Luhan simply closes his eyes for a moment and savors how nice it feels to be held before a memory smacks him in the face.

Don’t sing, Luhan. You sound....horrible.

Luhan gasps then, and falls silent once more. The humming stops too, and Luhan wonders if he should get up now or not. Then the boy spoke.

“You have a wonderful voice, Luhan.”

Luhan sat up slowly, turning to face the boy.

“Um....thank you. Who are you?”

The boy smiles.

“My name is Jongin.”

Luhan’s eyes study the beautiful boy in front of him. Tanned skin, round dark and expressive eyes, full plump lips, and crinkles at the corner of his eyes when he smiles.

“Ah....Jongin, why did you help me?”

Jongin smiles at him and Luhan’s breath catches, wondering how someone can manage to look so handsome and gentle.

“You may not realize it, but I’m in the same classes as you. When I saw you on the floor, I just.....I just thought I should comfort you and wipe your tears away for you.”

Subconsciously, Luhan reaches a hand up and pats his cheek, which earns a chuckle from Jongin.

Luhan blushes and looks away.

“Thank you for caring enough to do this....” He whispers, almost silently.

Luhan flinches when Jongin presses a hand against his cheek.

“Who wouldn’t care enough to do this? You’re like a porcelain doll that needs to be handled with the upmost care...”

Luhan’s eyes were big, big, oh so big.

Am I really.....that special?

Luhan hurriedly moves Jongin’s hand away from his face and stands up.  Jongin his head to the side, now looking dejected.

“I’m sorry. Was that too forward?”

Luhan looks at Jongin and finds himself drawn into that pout, that adorable puppy like pout.

“I’m sorry. I’m not used to hearing compliments.”

Yah! Luhan, what are you, an idiot? We may be going out now, but that doesn’t mean you have to cling onto my hand like a possessive girlfriend. Jesus. Don’t hold my hand near the guys, alright?

“Ah....I see.”

They fall into a slightly awkward silence, before Luhan realizes he’s still wearing Jongin’s jacket.

“Oh! Um. Thank you for keeping me warm and staying with me until I woke up. Here.”

Luhan attempted to give the jacket back but Jongin stood up instead, stretching and waving it away.

“Keep it for now. Give it to me when you see me next time.”

Before Luhan can say a word, Jongin walked away, a casual hand thrown up as a farewell.

Luhan clutched the jacket to himself.

Next time?

Ah, yes, next time. This conveniently happened to be the day after.

Luhan poked his head into the classroom, eyes on the lookout for Jongin.

When he sees him, his eyes light up just the tiniest bit and his lips curve up into the smallest of smiles. He’s never noticed, but Jongin seems to sit directly behind him, where he’s now sprawled over his desk, idly scratching at the edges.

Luhan moves to get inside the classroom, but suddenly he is shoved to the side, his head banging on the doorframe as a soft ‘Ow’ leaves his mouth.

Rubbing his head, he looks over to ask for an apology when his eyes widen at the sight of a smirking Sehun.

Sehun merely looks at him and scoffs before walking over to his seat, high-fiving his gang of friends and completely ignoring Luhan.

Luhan bit his lip to hold in his whimper, not noticing that Jongin is straight up glaring at Sehun.

With shining and glistening eyes, he slowly walks up to his seat, head down. He sits down in his chair shakily, and looks up briefly to see Sehun smirking at him once again.

He’s honestly about to cry when a pair of hands reach out and cover his eyes, making him gasp.

A familiar husky voice breathes down his neck, making him shiver.

“I see you’re wearing my jacket, Lulu.”

Luhan wrenches his hands away from his eyes, his cheeks now a rosy pink as he stammers.

“U-um, I just didn’t have the hands to carry your jacket Jongin! And Lulu? What’s with that name?”

Jongin laughs at how flustered Luhan is.

He’s adorable, he thinks to himself.

He reaches forward and brushes Luhans’ bangs away from his still damp eyes, smirking in triumph when he sees the heated glare Sehun has sent their way.

What he doesn’t see, is how Sehun clenches his hands under his desk, nails biting into his palms as a white hot flash of something (jealousy he thinks?) ripples through his body.

Why is he touching Luhan?!

Sehun watches on angrily as he sees Luhan jump away and blush. He sees Jongin look at him smiling widely, and his eyes widen as Jongin raises his voice loud enough for him to hear.

“Oh, no, it’s okay, Lulu. You can keep my jacket. It looks better on you than me, anyways.”

Sehun turns around in a flash, quietly seething and pondering over these confusing feeling flitting through him.

Why? Why does he feel so irritated at the sight of Luhan being touched by someone else?

His eyes lighten when he thinks of it.

Ah. Luhan shouldn’t be so happy after I just broke it off with him. That’s right. I’m just mad that he’s taking this so lightly.

Nodding to himself, Sehun promptly goes the rest of the day in his usual bad boy attitude.

He fails to notice how happy Luhan looks after the day he broke up with him.

Their next run in happens to be after school.

Sehun’s never noticed it, and neither has Luhan for that matter, but Jongin apparently seems to be in the same afterschool dance club as them.

He frowns when Luhan walks in blushing with Jongin right behind him, grinning and jabbing Luhan’s side with his pointy elbow, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Luhan meets Sehun’s eyes, and he quirks an eyebrow at Luhan. He’s surprised to find himself pleased when Luhan flushes and averts his eyes.

Smirking, he looks to Jongin for a reaction, but the guy has already gone and flung himself over Luhan’s shoulders, talking loudly into his ear.

Sehun grits his hands.

Touchy feely bastard.

When the teacher calls to choose a partner, Sehun steadily marches over and grabs Luhan, glad that Jongin is busy talking to another dancer and distracted.

He sees the shock registered on Luhan’s face and a blush slowly creeping over his neck and cheeks as Luhan splutters and tries to avoid his piercing gaze.

He laughs as he sees Jongin turn around, expecting to claim Luhan as his partner. The confused look on his face turns to one of bewilderment when he sees that Luhan is next to Sehun.

Sehun all but ignores Luhan and Jongin, only moving as the teacher instructs them to. There’s a part in this dance where the ‘girl’ aka Luhan’s part needs to be incredibly close to the boy counterpart, and it’s during this particular moment that Sehun makes his move.

Instead of being a few inches away like the dance requires, Sehun instead pulls Luhan close to him, pressing their bodies together. He can’t help but smile in satisfaction at hearing the small squeak that comes out of Luhan’s mouth as they sway back and forth, their bodies together.

“What’s the matter, Luhan? What happened to loving me? Moving on so fast?”

“That’s-no, not what you- um, I mean....”

Luhan trails off hopelessly and opts for avoiding Sehun’s gaze for the rest of the dance. Instead of the usual flow and smoothness in his dancing, their duet remains stiff and awkward. Luhan tries not to shudder each time Sehun caresses him, brushes his hand softly or lingers a bit too long on his bottom or thin waist.

 He can’t wait to get away from Sehun when the teacher shouts, “Okay! Time to switch partners!”

He hears Sehun’s laugh behind him as he darts towards Jongin looking frantic.

“You can’t get rid of me that easily, Luhan.”

Luhan ignores that comment and makes a beeline towards Jongin, who welcomes him with open arms.

Sehun turns away but looks in Luhan’s direction again when he hears a crash.

Apparently, Luhan was in such a hurry to (get away from him?) go to Jongin that he pummels into him, sending both of them crashing onto the ground.

Sehun snorts at his ex’s clumsiness before turning away and choosing a new partner.

At the end of the routine, he realizes that it’s almost time to go home when all of a sudden the teacher shrieks and claps her hands.

All the students stop and stare as she continues to spazz for a few moments. After she contains herself, she blushes a bit and calls all of them to attention.

“Alright, everyone off the floor except Jongin and Luhan.”

The class buzzes as they go off the floor and sit down, looking at the two of them expectantly.

The teacher continues to talk.

“So for the past few classes, I’ve been talking about making that connection with your partner, and building more emotion as you dance. Now, Luhan and Jongin today have caught my eye because they go flawlessly together, and it clearly shows in their partnership. I want you guys to watch, and hopefully put this in your dance.”

She started the music, and Luhan and Jongin looked at each other uncertainly.

Taking a deep breath, Jongin gripped Luhan’s hand and smiled at him reassuringly.

“Come on, it’ll be okay, Just pretend no one else is in the room.”

Luhan nodded at him, obviously still nervous.

After fumbling over the first few moves, Jongin whispered into his ear.

“Only look at me, and no one else.”

Luhan shuddered but obeyed, finding himself becoming more relaxed.

As he stared into Jongin’ comforting eyes, Luhan began to smile and get into the dance more. He was so absorbed in staring at Jongin’s eyes that the rest of the class completely melted away. All he could hear was the music and their steady breathing together; all he could see was Jongin and his body moving together perfectly; all he could feel was the happiness flowing through him at this moment.

While these two were lost in their own world, the majority of the students were in awe of them. As the teacher said, they really were dancing together seamlessly, the passion, trust, and love shown throughout their moves as they concentrated on not just their movements, but the emotion of the routine as well.

Sehun could only watch irritated as they finished, Luhan flushed and breathless with pride and joy with Jongin smiling warmly at him.

As soon as they were done applauding, he bolted out of the room, not sparing a glance behind him.

Ugh. They ing make me sick.


Wow......I think this is probably the most amount of work I've ever put into a story lol I usually don't give that much detail. Even the way I write is different...I'm working hard on this keke.

 

So this is actually way longer than I was intending it to be, so it's either gonna be a two-shot or a three-shot.....I'm thinking three-shot. Anyways, I just wanted to give you guys something ^^ I'm still writing, so other chapters will be up in a few days! Hope you enjoy :)