It’s Not Acting

I'd do anything for you

‘What should I do?’ Lizzy wondered while running through the entire After School’s dorm like an insane person. She was so worried about the 'casting' for the film that she just couldn’t help but feel agitated. It wasn't her first time doing it, of course, but she wasn’t used to it yet. ‘What if I up?’ Lizzy thought.

‘Are you okay, kid?’ JungAh asked. Lizzy was thankful of her role as the mother of the group.

‘Y-yeah, I… am just a bit troubled.’ She stuttered.

Nana appeared in front of her, placing her hands on top of Lizzy’s shoulders. ‘Don’t worry about it. You’ll do great, so relax.’ She said with her famous eye smile to calm down the younger girl. Even though there was still a part of her that didn't want the girl to pass the acting test, she wanted to encourage her.

‘You’re not helping, Jin. That makes me even more nervous!’

‘I’ve got an idea!’ Nana said. ‘I’ll go with you so you can feel more comfortable, how about that?’ She gave her a soft smile.

Lizzy didn’t say a thing; she was focused on Nana’s face, studying it. She loved seeing her barefaced, something that not everyone would be able to see. Her forehead, her eyebrows, her eyes, her perfect nose, those kissable lips… ‘Oh, Sooyoung, what the hell are you thinking about?! She’s your unnie!’

‘So, what do you say? Can I go with you?’ Nana interrupted her thoughts.

‘Y-Yeah… Thanks, unnie.’

*

By the time Lizzy and Nana arrived to the filming set, the director was already there waiting for her –even though they hadn’t been late– and they greeted each other.

‘Go over there. Wait for a minute.’ The director told Lizzy.

She was reading her script, checking repeatedly what she had to say. She didn’t notice, but she was so frightened that she was shaking.

‘What’s wrong?’ asked Nana worried.

‘They’ve granted me loads of facilities and privileges but what if, even so, I can’t do well?’

‘Liz…’

‘Okay, we’re going to start now.’ The director interrupted. Lizzy prepared herself as Nana sat on a free chair.

‘Aaaand… Action!’ As soon as he said that, Lizzy started to stutter, words didn’t come out of .

‘Let’s take a break while you calm yourself.’ The director said with a poker face after seeing her blank one. ‘Why don’t you try to do it with your friend? I think you’ll feel easy. It might help.’

‘Me?’ Nana stood up and went next to Lizzy. ‘What do I have to do?’

‘Just stay there’, Lizzy replied.

That time, the younger blonde-haired girl was more relaxed and played the scene as a professional.

‘Choo Hee’ Lizzy called Nana’s role while turning her around, grabbing her hands, looking her in the eyes with a lovely gaze. ‘I love you. I always have.’ At that moment Nana’s heart felt like it was going to beat out of her chest. She knew it was just acting, confessing to her character, not to her; but it seemed so real… She had wanted to hear those words from her for a lifetime. She was lost in her eyes, not caring about the rest of the world, feeling the need to kiss her right at that moment.

Suddenly, Lizzy hugged her really tight around her waist, resting her chin on her right shoulder; Nana’s arms around the other girl’s neck. ‘I love you whether you’re a girl or an alien. I don’t care what people say.’ Lizzy continued saying against her skin with a low voice.

‘CUT!’ the director clapped his hands. ‘Bravo! Both of you are great actresses. That look in your eyes, your chemistry… it seemed so real!’ the director told them very excitedly. ‘We’ve got the two main characters now!’

‘What? Does that mean…?’ Nana spoke in a confused tone.

‘Yeah, Jin! We made it!’ Lizzy said cheerfully.

‘But… I wasn’t even acting.’ She mumbled, still in shock.

 


Can you imagine if this actually happened with your ship?
A girl can dream xD

Thank you very much for reading ^^