Am I Dreaming?

I'd do anything for you

Lizzy and Nana were sat in comfortable couches in a set of a famous TV channel, doing an awaited interview for their first film together. The set was really big and lit; it was crowded with camera operators, the rest of the staff, and the big amount of spectators. They were so anxious about what they might be asked that their hands were sweating. They had even prepared mental answers, not wanting to make a single mistake.

Cameras started to roll and the show began. The interviewer introduced the two young girls as everybody clapped their hands at the sound of their names. They had become a hot issue on the internet.

The questions were quite similar to any other interview; questions like: ‘What’s the plot of the film? Who did you get along with the most during the shooting? Did you find it difficult to get into your role? Do your real personalities resemble to your character’s? Do you like your role in the film?’

Nana was taking the lead, answering everything, not giving a chance to Lizzy to do it. Lizzy knew it wasn’t out of lack of consideration but because of how excited she was about their project together.

‘Aren’t you the ice princess? When did you become like this?’ Lizzy giggled at the fact that Nana had usually been quiet during interviews.

‘What was the hardest thing and what’s your favourite scene?’ the interviewer asked.

‘There wasn’t anything that felt particularly complicated because I felt relaxed at every moment and it was like a dream, I did what I always wanted to.’ Nana told firmly. ‘I liked the kiss scene the most. Actually, I had always wanted to try it.’

‘What is she saying? Did she become insane? Doesn’t she know how the whole country will react to that?’ Lizzy thought to herself. She never expected her to say something like that, but she loved it. Her heart was racing.

‘Oh! That was a good response. And finally, what are your expectations after shooting this film?’

‘I just wish everyone in South Korea, no, in the world’ she corrected ‘would think of this kind of relationship like any other relationship, because there’s nothing wrong with it.’ Nana said with a smile.

That unexpected statement shocked Lizzy. ‘Does that mean she’s a... No. It can’t be.’

‘Let’s start with the new section of the show! FAN REQUESTS!’ the interviewer interrupted Lizzy’s thoughts.

‘Here we got our first message. Can you read it for the viewers?’ he asked Lizzy.

‘Sure. It says, “Could the both of you kiss? You are so cute together and make a perfect couple.”’

‘Wow! This seems interesting. We had never received a fan’s letter like that.’ The interviewer exclaimed gladly.

‘The pleasure is mine’, Nana said happily looking at the video camera, replying to the fan.

‘Wait! What?! Are you kidding me? This is not happening! I bet it’s a dream’, Lizzy thought. Nana leaned closer, lips just inches away, and when Nana was about to kiss her, Lizzy felt someone shake her body.

‘Lizzy-ah, wake up!’ It was Nana’s voice. ‘Sooyoung…’

Lizzy opened her eyes slowly and saw Nana’s beautiful face. ‘Where am I?’ Nana chuckled at the cute no-clue face Lizzy wore.

Lizzy looked around; it was her bedroom. She remembered everything at that moment; it had been a month since the filming had started, and since then, they had become offish. Lizzy wouldn’t look at her, avoiding her whenever she could, replying to her shortly and coldly.

‘Lizzy, JungAh-eomma prepared our breakfast. Don’t be long!’ she said exiting the room.

Lizzy took a short time to think properly ‘Oh my God! Have I just dreamt about her? About us? Geez! I woke up at the best moment! How am I going face her again?’ Just thinking about the Barbie-like girl made her heart flutter. Moreover, she was the first person she felt that way with, so she had no idea how she was supposed to act.

*

Another day passed by. Lizzy could only think of Nana, she couldn’t get her out of her head; but the thing she was worried about the most was the kiss they had to share for their film.

Kiss… It would be her first time doing it with a girl, with Nana. The problem was not the fact that she was a girl; it was something else. ‘Nana…’ she repeated in her mind as a blush appeared on her face. She felt shy just by saying her name. She placed her hand on her chest. ‘Why does it beat so fast when I think about her?’ She sighed, trying to calm down.

She heard the door open and saw a shape entering her room. It was Nana.

‘Is something wrong? You haven’t talked to me in a while… Are you mad at me?’ The older girl asked with a low voice.

‘I’m not! Why would I be? It’s just…’ She couldn’t find the words, she was just embarrassed after her dream.

‘You’re worried?’

‘Yeah…’

The silence that followed only made things become more awkward between them.

‘Because of the kiss scene?’ Lizzy’s heart skipped a beat. She had figured it out.

There was another long silence.

‘Me too. I haven’t done it before. I don’t know how to do it so I hoped you would teach me, since you have done it before.’

The bed kiss scene crossed through Lizzy’s mind. She couldn’t believe it was a rated film and their manager hadn't told her a thing. ‘Stupid’ she thought. It wasn’t like an adult one in America, but she thought she should have been warned beforehand.

‘I asked UEE-unnie how to do it, since she has experience, and she told me to practise’, Nana explained.

‘I think that’s a good idea.’

They discussed how they should play the scene to make it less awkward.

‘Do you know your lines?’ Lizzy asked, taking a break from reading her script. ‘We should start from here.’

They were in front of Lizzy’s bed, facing each other, playing the same scene they practised at the casting, but this time, Lizzy felt more nervous because they were alone. She wasn’t hugging her as tight as the last time because she felt shy. Besides, they were just practising.

‘I love you whether you’re a girl or an alien. I don’t care what people say.’

That was Nana’s chance to take the control of the situation. ‘I love you too, Sooyoung!’

‘Idiot, that’s not my character’s name.’ Lizzy laughed.

‘I know.’ Nana said seriously, as she leaned closer. ‘But I couldn’t take it anymore.’

‘W-What?’ Lizzy stuttered, she was nervous, even scared of what might happen, but she didn’t dare move. She didn’t break the eye contact either; she was enjoying it.

‘I had to confess my feelings to you.’ Nana then closed the gap between their lips. The kiss was sweet, full of tenderness, full of love. They pulled away and Nana pressed her forehead to the younger’s one.

‘If this is a joke it’s not funny, Jin.’

‘What?’ The look Nana shot her was mildly confused. ‘It’s not! I would never joke about something like that.’

She then moved the palm of her hand to Lizzy’s cheek, making her way down to her jaw, and running her thumb over Lizzy’s lips. They both smiled and kissed again, this time with more passion.

Nana’s hands, which were resting on Lizzy’s waist, soon started to move downwards, touching her . Then, she continued down to her legs and lift her up, still locking lips, and carried her to the bed, laying her down carefully, Nana’s body on top of hers.

‘Let me prove to you how much I meant it.’ Nana winked as Lizzy blushed hard.

 


Hope you guys enjoyed it ^^ Thanks for reading

I want to thank my friend, Swaggy, for helping me with the questions for the interview. I know you're reading this hehe. Sorry for bothering you all day ;____;

Comments and criticism are welcome ^.^