New Feelings

I'd do anything for you

‘Really, you found a job for me?’ Lizzy asked enthusiastically to her manager, who was on the other line of the phone.

When Nana heard the news, she was happy for the girl, of course, but at the same time, she couldn’t help but feel dejected as well. On the one hand, because she didn’t want to be apart from Lizzy; it was so difficult for Nana not to hug her, not to touch her, not to see her… She wasn’t herself when the younger girl wasn’t around, she was the only one who could make her that happy. On the other hand, she just couldn’t stand seeing another guy kissing her again –she had gotten so mad at Jokwon before, when both of them had had to share a kiss, although she knew it wasn’t his fault, she felt like slapping him for some reason she couldn’t understand.

‘Don’t I have to pass the audition?’ asked Lizzy in a surprised voice.

‘The role is yours if you want it, as long as you play one of the scenes and do a good job, that’s what they said’, answered the manager.

Nana had managed to hear that and felt the world falling down as all her hopes disappeared. She guessed she would have to get used to being lonely. Lizzy, on the other hand, was jumping up and down of happiness.

‘Thank you very much, oppa!’

‘Wait, I forgot to tell you something important about it…’

‘What is it?’

‘Itsahomoualfilm’, said the manager quickly.

‘What? I didn’t catch that.’

‘It’s a homoual film.’

‘…’ Lizzy was out of words at first, but after taking a while to consider, she replied ‘I’ll take the role.’

Lizzy was so happy that she turned around to hug Nana, who was sat on the couch, looking at the floor with a face full of sadness. Lizzy noticed there was something wrong with her, and so she lifted Nana’s head slowly, and looked into her eyes. ‘What’s wrong, Jin?’, she asked worriedly.

‘Nothing, really’, lied Nana with an icy tone.

Lizzy sat beside her and grabbed her hands. ‘Don’t lie to me.’ She then caressed her hair softly.

‘It’s nothing’, she answered, forcing a smile. She tried to change the subject before Lizzy asked her about it again. ‘Are you sure you want to do it? I mean, you know… fans…’ At that point, Nana felt like she was just trying to make up excuses so the younger girl wouldn’t accept the job.

‘If they really are my fans, they will support me. Don’t you think so?’ asked Lizzy, smiling from ear to ear. ‘I can’t waste this opportunity, Jin.’ she kept saying in a more serious tone. ‘You know how important this is to me.’

Nana’s thought were running through her mind, she was conflicted. ‘Why am I trying to stop her from achieving her dreams? Why am I being such a jealous jerk?’, she thought to herself.

‘I know, I know. I’ll be rooting for you!’ Nana said as she kissed Lizzy’s forehead.

Nana’s unexpected action made Lizzy’s heart flutter. She would have never even dreamt about it. They were hugging each other almost all the time, but they had never kissed before, it was a whole new thing, one that both of them enjoyed.

 


So what do you think of it? Too boring?
Comments are welcome ;)