M-marriage?

Beautiful Love

Min Ah's POV

I sighed as I walked towards the direction of my house. I wasn't rich, actually I was poor (more like dirt poor). I wasn't always poor. From when I was a baby to the day I was 14 years old, I was pretty rich. My dad owned a big company, but his business failed and we ended up in A LOT of debt. It would probably take a good 30 years to pay it all off. My parents want me to finish school so they work extra hard. I found the gate to my small home open. ​Hmmm... why's mom home so early? "Mom? Is there something wrong at your work place?" I asked. She was cooking in the kitchen. Is she.......making......chicken? CHICKEN?!?! We can't even afford 3 chicken eggs and she goes and buys a chicken???? "Nothing is wrong, dear." "Then where did you get money for this chicken?" I asked. "Theres something your dad and I have been wanting to tell you." "What is it ,mom?" I asked concerned. "You're getting married." I froze. "Married? To who?" "To a Korean boy. He's nice. His name is Do Kyung Soo." ​What is mom talking about? A Korean guy? Am.....I being......sold?!?! "M-mom, how much money did they give you?" " 10 million USD. Please do it for your father and I. They use to be close friends with your dad so they are very nice people. Please." 10 million? That would pay off all the debt and give my parents some extra..... I think it's time for me to repay my parents..... ​I closed my eyes and inhaled, then exhaled. "Okay..... I'll do it." "Alright, go change. Dinner's almost ready." I went across the kitchen to my room. ​It won't be so bad,right? I know Korean pretty well so I'll be able to communicate. But.....I heard rumors at school that I would be treated like a slave. Is it true?

 

D.O's POV

​I got out of the car and tapped in the code for the gates to open. I was surprised to see my parent's car parked in the drive way. ​I wonder what's wrong? Are there going to be guests over? ​I took my shoes off and slipped into my slippers. "Welcome back,dear!" "Mom? Are there guests coming over? Do you need my help?" I walked into the kitchen and found that everything was already set. And...my dad was cooking.... "No need, dear. Go change and come down for dinner." I nodded and went to go get changed.

​10 minutes later

"Mom, dad, is there something wrong?" I asked as I sat down. "Eat first." I started with the rice. "Your dad and I..... arranged for you to get....married." I choked on my food. Pieces of rice flew all over the table and into the drinks and other dishes. "M-married?!?" "Yes. She is a very nice but poor girl. Her name is Kim Min Ah. She is half Vietnamese and half Korean, she currently lives in Vietnam. We will bring her to Korea for the wedding. Her dad was a close friend. You'll agree to this,right?" Mom asked me. I can't say no to mom. She's always been there and supported my every move. ​Here goes nothing. "Okay...... I'll do it." I finished eating and excused myself. Why are my parents suddenly doing this? Is her family really that poor? 

 

​Min Ah's POV

​Two days later

Today's the day! ​I thought as I sat up from bed. Today,my future husband is coming. I got off my wooden bed and found a short light pink dress with lace on a hanger on my closet handle.

original.jpg

I would have never been able to afford this.... I washed up and put the dress on. "You look beautiful,dear." I gave mom a nervous smile. "Don't be nervous." Dad said and gave me a reassuring smile.                     Kyung Soo-shi, I wonder what you'll think of me. I hope you'll treat me nicely.

____________________________________________________________________________________

​Yay!!!! I finally managed to post the first chapter!!! 

​I hope you like it!!