Almighty Proposition!

전능하신 선생님 - Almighty Teacher!

 

Jonghyun watched as the blonde went around the room asking for introductions and scribbling them down in this damn pink notepad he got out once Joon left the room.

He wasn't sure how he would handle this, as University students, they didn't have to address their professors formally - Hell, he called Joon "hyung" even though he didn't have a class with him - but he really couldn't imagine this Key character going around calling him oppa, it would destroy all the carefully established foundations of common sense. Was Key to respect him because he was older, or did he have to treat him with respect because he was his teacher instead? 

Though, Jonghyun reasoned a bit disappointed, he'd probably have to call me hyung. 

"I'm L-Lee Jinki, but my friends call me Onew" he heard his friend stutter addressing the blonde who scribbled down on his notepad in return

"Because of your soft voice?" Key questioned tilting his head a bit, which sent Onew into a string of coughs and awkward nodding as he fumbled with his hands.  Key smiled.

"Do you have any hobbies, Onew-ah?" he tried with a comforting voice that made Jonghyun want to strut down the long steps and slap the boy silly for calling someone older than Jonghyun himself by familiar terms.

'Onew-hyung, actually and well..." Onew blushed, obviously not as angry as Jonghyun at the slip-up "I compose some songs in my free time with professor Joon. We're the same age actually" he added coyly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Onew-shii" Key retorted, he had been aware his class would range from first years to seniors, but he didn't expect to teach someone that much older than himself, it did comfort him that Joon was pretty young as well though. He'd have to ask him about all the formalities later, he thought.

Jonghyun snorted when the boy looked at him expectantly. 

"Jonghyun-hyung?" he nodded at the boy at the back to edge him on. He felt a bit uncomfortable calling his students Mr, Hyung and Noona, but he figured that he would just  have to deal with it. The Korean mannerism system wouldn't solely change on his behalf he admitted this fact grudgingly. 

Jonghyun cocked his head to the side, "How do you know my name?" he asked, his reputation around the school was no joke. but on the other hand he never thought the teachers were in on it.

"It's my job to know who the problem students are, right?" Key sent him an indignant wink and Jonghyun was now absolutely stunned at how his body suppressed the need to scoop down to the teacher's level and bash his pretty little teeth right in. This was not his morning, he wasn't normally this easily provoked, though half of the school would probably say otherwise.

"What are your hobbies?" Key asked tapping his glitter-blue ink (not that the students could tell) pen impatiently on top of his notepad as he leaned on the small desk at the center of the auditorium-like stage. 

"Continuously questioning why I need to study Joint Honors Music with English" Jonghyun deadpanned before sighing for dramatic effect that caused Key to giggle before moving onto the adjacent row. 

When he turned to Onew the boy gave him this odd eyebrow wriggle that he didn't understand at all and chose not to because, well, it's Onew. God knows what he means by half of the things he does.

 


 

Jonghyun's mood lit up considerably when he learnt that Key had understood the value of slow transition and had decided to hand them out a double sided sheet of English exercises to evaluate their skills before starting any mind melting lectures. He had also promised to let the students out early, once they turned the sheet in. Granted, Jonghyun couldn't understand half of the sheet and filled it with gibberish and sometimes lazy "Baby what's up"s it was a hundred times better than a spoken two hour lesson. He saw the first group of students leave cheerfully after handing their work to a waiting Key by the exit after about 30 minutes after he had handed out the sheets.

He spared a look at Onew beside him to see if the boy had finished and of course the man-genius had and was just sitting there using his fingers to count a sequence.

"Let's go" Jonghyun nudged him making him whine about how he lost count and will have to start all over again tomorrow to see how many florescent ceiling lights there were in the room.

 


Key smirked at the sight of the two bouncy boys heading his way, papers in hand.

The younger of the two hurriedly shoved both assessments into Key's hands before nearly dashing out of the room

"Jonghyun-hyung" Key calls before they step into the hall, "I'd like a word before you leave"

He saw the older boy scowl before letting Onew go out ahead of him and turning sourly towards his teacher

"What is this?" Key asked holding up his assessment, the truth be told Key hadn't actually looked through it, but from what Joon had told him all the basic questions on the sheet would have been outside of Jonghyun's capability. Which is why he assumed the boy would be the last to leave and politely ask for his help, but since it came down to this... he didn't have the facade of it being voluntary as Joon had suggested it.

Jonghyun gave him a sly smile, "My assessment sheet"

Key spared it a glance now and wasn't surprised to see random English words scrambled across the paper.

"Cat is hat in big pond fishThat's your answer to 'Why did you choose English as a subject?', really?" Key stared at him in disbelief as more students placed their sheet on his table before leaving. Joon had mention his English being appalling, but he didn't expect it to be this bad. No wonder he was bringing the school's grade average down. 

Jonghyun didn't bother sending him any sharky replies, he knew he cocked it up, but what else was he suppose to do? Cheat off Onew on an assessment test? 

"English isn't my strongest subject" Jonghyun admitted, Key nearly scoffed at the boy's excuse, Maths wasn't Key's "strongest subject" but that didn't mean he thought one times seven was forty-eight.

"And I can't really drop it either since I'm doing Joint Honors" the boy continued, biting his lip

How he got accepted into this college and to do Joint Honors at that was now beyond Key's level of understanding.

"Well, I'm sorry, but this is " he deadpans to the now livid looking boy "You're going to have sessions with me every other day from now on at lunch time, so clear your plans" 

"You're going to tutor me?" Jonghyun asked looking a bit taken aback. All the other teachers were always surprised at how bad he was at the subject, but none of them ever offered extra help. Since it was unpaid help, that is. 

"Mhm, now scram, I have work to do" Key spat already anticipating the next flock of students who would arrive in an hour's time. If he marked them quickly enough, he could grade all the worksheets in between the periods he let the students out early.

Jonghyun was trying to get mad at his tone and at his messing up his plans for that week, not that he had any expect eating at the cafeteria with his friends, which he would probably have to forget about now. But the anger didn't come. Sure, the guy acted like he constantly had a stick up his , but as Jonghyun watched him mark the worksheets with a small smile on his face, he realized that maybe this teacher wouldn't be as bad as the others.

 

 

 

He was way off.

 

 


 

A/N: Hello! I didn't write an Author's note on the first chapter for the sole reason that it wasn't finished. (Hence, why I'm updating now) My mom walked into the room and I had a mini-heart attack and just submitted it. Opps.

I hope you guys saw the sleazy B.A.P reference. hehehe

On a brighter note, Thank you for the comments! You guys are speedy, my god. Also thanks for saying you already like the story, this makes me happy, yep. I can't link usernames because of reasons (Shakes fists angrily at AFF's server deaths) , but for those who say this is "Similar" to something you've read before, please link me to it! Granted this is a SHINee schoolau fic, so it's bound to have the same characters and, you know, take place in a school, but I'll check it out and if it's too similar to my plot I just won't bother and link you guys to that story instead. Only because being accused of plagiarism is really ty and I wanna cop out before and if that happens. If you can't remember where you've read it before, then I'll just continue though. 

tumblr_lrurf7EHge1qjoqpzo9_250.gif

All the chapters will be named "Almighty_____", just because I thought of how utterly annoying that would be and ended up liking the idea instead! 

Tell me what you think in the comments please~