RUN.

Beast Master [HIATUS]

Someone is trying kill Taemin! :O Will he will be alive? Or will he die and that’s the end of this story? (Yea, I know, I’m crapping XD)

 

Enjoy~~

_________________________________________________________________________________

Haneul’s POV:

“Taemin!!!” I called out the best I can since my lungs were practically burning from sprinting.

“Lee Taemin!!!” I tried again, slightly louder this time. I reached at my destination and I saw a huge, bald, tanned man yelling at a tree. It wasn’t only him there, there were to other familiar guys there too.  I went up to the baldy and tapped his leather covered clothing on his left shoulder. He stopped shouting and pointing at the tree like the mad hatter and turned to look at the person whose finger was interrupting his business.

“Haneul!!! It has been so long!”

“Hi, boss. Nice to meet you.” I replied with a bow, trying to be polite seeing that he was once my boss before. Yep, I was working under him a few months ago but quit when I did not have time to do my job-due to the stupid assignments at school-anymore. He keeps telling me to stop calling him ‘boss’ but gave up when I didn’t listen to him even though he told me more than a thousand times. But, why is he here now?

“How are you, Miss Choi?” my boss asked as he patted my shoulder several times. Believe me, with that freaking muscular arm and hard palm of his, it was kind of painful.

“You know, boss, the usual.” I answered back, with a smile, holding back a wince.

“What are you doing here anyways?” I questioned him. He pointed to that tall tree in front of me using his index finger and said,

“That bastard doesn’t want to come down!” he said through gritted teeth. I came back to my senses about Taemin. How could I forget him? He was the reason why my school vest was now sweaty.

“Yah, Taemin-ah!” I called out with both of my hands cupped at the sides of my mouth trying to project on my voice. The young boy’s head immediately popped out through some twigs.

“Ah! Haneulie!” The latter with some dry leaves tangled on his hair responded with a sheepish grin.

“Don’t worry, get down now… We have some discussing to do.” I informed him. I wanted to scold him about that nickname he gave me but he looked to adorable to be angry at, so I held in the nagging for some other appropriate time.

 

 

Haneul’s POV:

 

“So, that’s what happened…” one of my boss’s assistants broke the silence after Taemin and I explained everything.

“People just judge the book by the covers… I really feel pity for you.” My boss held Taemin’s hands and actually cried a little.

Emotional people.

“So, it wasn’t you who started the fight?” he questioned after wiping his tearful eyes using his purple polka-dotted handkerchief. He has a weird taste for colours I tell you. He wore a pink buttoned-up shirt with a yellow coat to meet his client one day. Most of the clients find him weird but business never dropped because he’s a very… cunning lawyer. Yes, lawyer. L.A.W.Y.E.R. That’s the spelling. Why else do you thing he’s interviewing Taemin about the fight? I was just his accountant when I worked under him. Just managing money since I’m a genius when it comes to Mathematics.

“Mm… I don’t like to fight but I have fought with an illegal hunter. I have also fought with a few animals before too. Like lions, bears, hyenas and stuff. Ooh! Once I almost died fighting with a cheetah!” Taemin told us his ‘fighting experience’ as he bounce up and down a few moments when he was excited.

“And yesterday when I was taking a stroll, I saw a few scary people from a small alley. I couldn’t help but stare at them cause they were all really thin, so I thought they were zombies. Then, they saw me and asked ‘You want to fight?!’ but I didn’t wanna fight, so I just kept quiet.” He told oh-so-innocently, making the all of our mouth agape.

“Then, suddenly, one of them took a knife and stabbed my arm. Blood flowed non-stop from the wound.” He showed us his injured right arm covered with cream-coloured bandages.

“I don’t remember what happened after that. When I realised what was happening, I was already on top of a tree that has a black kitten-” he continued but paused when baldy interrupted him.

“You don’t remember?”

That moment, his eyes showed a totally different emotion as he stayed silent. His eyes was filled with fear. He looked down, making his hair covering his face again. The others didn’t say a word. After a few minutes, he voiced again.

“I’m… I’m always like that if I see blood. This started happening ever since I got attacked by the female cheetah. When I came back to my senses… the cheetah was dead and it had a fatal bite mark on his neck.” He explained, head still down.

“Who knows? M-Maybe I did something horrible to them but I don’t remember…” He stuttered with his voice becoming softer by every word that left his mouth.

 

“Umm… Don’t worry. If they actually do get hurt, it was their fault anyways…” My boss told as he ruffled Taemin’s hair causing it to be like an afro’s wig.

“Well, if you see them, please contact us… We’ll know how to deal with them” He informed us, pushing the middle part of his sunglasses making it closer to his eyes and left without saying another word.

I bowed at him as a sign of thank you and turned to see Taemin. He was still in that very same position. He looked so timid there. It would be very difficult that this is the person who scares everyone that passes by him is that boy.

“You are lucky that my boss is protecting you. He rarely do that, you know?” I told him, hoping that it would cheer him up but I failed. He just kept on sitting on the grass, staring down at the Earth’s soil.

 

Haneul’s POV:

 

I was on the way to my classroom when Taemin whispered something. He was right behind me, so I turned and asked him to repeat what he said.

“I-I’m sorry…”

“What?”

“I am sorry that I didn’t tell you what happened yesterday earlier…” He smiled.

“Oh, that! It’s really no prob-” He placed his cold trigger finger on my lips and of course, I stopped talking.

“I was afraid that you don’t want to be friends with me if I told you what happened. Truth is… I’m afraid of myself too…”

Stop it. You’re making me cry.

“Aniyo, Taemin-” when I was about to comfort him, a familiar voice shouted mine and Taemin’s name from the stairs.

“Onew-oppa?”

“Don’t go to our class!!! Head up to the roof. A few gangsters were looking for Taemin in our class!” he informed us, pulling the both of us with his full strength upstairs. Once we reached on the roof I asked Onew why were those gangsters searching for Taemin. Onew just shrugged, saying that he didn’t know the reason.

“Cheongmal kamsahamnida! You’re really kind, Onew-hyung!” Taemin chirped as he bowed. I guess he heard me address onew using ‘oppa’, that’s why he’s calling him ‘hyung’. Taemin is a month younger than me, that’s why.

“But, aren’t they a little foolish to find us in class? I mean, surely someone would spot those gangsters and informed the teachers, right?” I thought curiously.

“Of course. If you guys aren’t foolish, you guys should realised that this is a trap.”

BOKKK!

I screamed Taemin’s name as he fell on his knees clutching his head. I rushed to his side but was separated again when three guys held me. At first only one was in-charged of me till I struggled like mad and started kicking them, that now three people are needed to keep me from trying to free myself.

Some dark, thick-haired dude grabbed Taemin’s hair and yanked it upwards. He observed Taemin’s face and then gave our class monitor a firm nod.

“Wae, oppa?!”

“Hmm? Wae? Oh, them?” he asked, acting stupid as he pointed at the gangsters.

“They’re just juveniles who like revenge~ I spilled the police’s secret and told them. They gave me a pretty hefty amount of cash, why should I be an idiot and decline that offer?” his lips form a smirk. W-What? What happened to the Lee Jinki I used to know? I used to look up on him. He was the one who insisted me to become the assistant head council although he wanted that pose a long time ago. This stupid guy standing in front of me was once my idol…

But now, definitely no more.

I ignored him and looked at Taemin instead. His hands finally left his head and now he was staring at his hands. His hands were covered with scarlet red blood. He just kept staring at them, then I noticed, his eyes started to change colour. The black pure innocent pupils were slowly changing to deep red.

What on Earth?

When I came back to my senses… the cheetah was dead and it had a fatal bite mark on his neck

That means… Whenever he sees blood…

“RUN!” I yelled. Onew just looked at me and scoffed.

“Do you think we’ll let him go that easily?” he rolled his eyes. Taemin was shivering violently when I took the last glance at him (well, for this chapter at least).

There’s not much time left.

I closed my eyes and screamed my lungs out.

“I AM TELLING YOU GUYS TO RUN!!!!” was the last thing I voiced before I heard some gangsters’ ear piercing screams and bones being crushed.

______________________________________________________________________________