Lee Taemin

Beast Master [HIATUS]

Mianhe for taking so long! I guess I was busy updating my other story that I got a little carried away.. ^^"

 

Enjoy~

_________________________________________________________________________

Haneul's POV:

"Nope. Not at all!" I answered, smiling. He stared at me directly in the eye. I saw his eye up close and I can't believe I'm saying this but, his eyes looked so.. Innocent. I might be crazy! Him? Innocent? NO! or yes? His eyes showed him that he was lonely. Like a lost puppy..

Aww.. Poor little pup..

Then, he laughed. Well, more like chuckle. No, not a sarcastic one. It was a sweet and soft one. His shoulders shook up and down gently as he had a grin on his face. He used one of his pale knuckles to wipe a little saliva at the side of his peach, plump lips.

"Good. I am so happy. This is the first time someone said that to me.. It's good that you don't think I am scary!" he told me as he giggled softly again. His voice sounded light and sweet. The exact opposite of his appearance. He stopped and gave me the most charming smile. I backed off from him immediately as I felt my cheeks burning. I have never felt this way before. And I, Choi HaNeul, do not blush. I made tons of people (boys and even girls) blush but I swear I could be the last person in this school to have pink cheeks.

"Hmm? Waaaeee?" the same-aged-boy asked me in a cute tone. He brush the long strains of his hair behind his ears making it easier to see his smooth, fair face.

"Huh? Oh, nothing! I-I just never seen you like this before.." I responded quickly when I saw his cute lips forming into a pout.

"You don't like it?" He questioned again, tilting his head to the side a little.

"A-Ah.."

_________________________________________________________________________

Haneul's POV:

 

"Oh.. So, that's why.. People would think you're some sort of gangster because of your looks.." I realised his situation as I gulped some orange juice.

"Mm.."

"And you don't have money to fix your stlye?" I questioned and leaned against a fence which was protecting us from falling of the roof.

"Yeah.." He looked up at me with those sparkly eyes.

"But I'm sure if you explain it to the people they will understand, right?" I suggested to the poor boy.

"Tr-Truth is... I'm really.. shy.. And it's not easy when I live in somewhere without many people at all.." Taemin looked down, blushing a little.

OH GOD. HE'S SO ADORABLE.

"Aww.. That's too bad. So, you used to live in some of village?" I asked, placing my lips on the tip of the bottle then, drinking the chilled luquid slowly.

"Village? Well, to be more exact, an uninhabited island.. Then, I moved to the Savana in Africa.." I choked on my drink and literally spat it out. I stared at him, wide eyed but he didn't change his expression. He thinks that what he just said was something normal, so his face was still innocent. He did not think that what he said was something bizzare, but it was to ME.

"You okay?"

"Ah, nae.. I just.. didn't expect that.." I said between coughs. I wiped my mouth with my fist and thought of something.

Savana, huh?

I could imagine him wearing cheetah skin araound his body as clothes. He would be standing on a tree holding some some kind of sharp spear, probably made out from some animal's tooth.

"No wonder you're so good at climbing trees~ What were doing on a tree in that hour, anyways?" It was his turn to choke. He coughed lightly and kept silent.

D-Did I ask him a sensitive question?

"It's okay if you don't want to answer.." I squatted down next to him, patting his back as I told him assuringly. His mood lighten up almost instantly as he replied my smile with his. He took out something with a thick black string and a small pouch attached on it. And he hands it to me.

"Here!" he chirped cheerfully.

"This is a luck charm necklace from Africa. Its the 2nd most important thing to me." he told again, still handing that necklace to me.

"Eh? I can't possibly have that.. You even said that it was important to you.." I stated, trying to decline his offer.

"Ani.. It's okay.. You can have it!" he smiled repeatedly.

"You are an amazing and kind person. Besides, you're the first person that have been good to me here~" he took my right hand and placed the lucky-charm on my palm. He covered my hand with his own and grin sheepishly.

"Kamsa.." I uttered sincerely.

Who said..

...that he's a beast?

"Oh yeah, if you want to know, that pouch is filled with crunched lion's tooth~" he informed me in that cute tone again. His mouth was shaped like a cat.. u know --> :3

"I-I see.. ^^" "

"Hmm! It shows bravery and courage!" he explained excitedly.

Compared to a wild animal...

...he's more like an innocent little kitten who doesn't know much about the world.

_________________________________________________________________________

Haneul's POV:

 

"Hei, Taemin-ssi.. Can you throw the thrash from the wastepaper basket to the large bin?" I asked him. He replied with a few nods.

"The bin is behind the gym, okay? You know where the gym is right?" I questioned again just to be sure. Our school is quite large. It won't be a surprise for someone to get lost. Taemin just kept silent and nodded obediently again. When he left our classroom, I turned back to sweep but stopped when I realised everyone's eyeballs were landed on me.

"What?" I tilted my head.

"How did you do that?!"

"You're amazing!!!"

"How you tamed that beast?"

"Did he have a weakness?!"

"You're so tough, Haneul!"

All my classmated bomrared me with tons of questions and statements. I let out an exagerated sigh and voiced,

"I told you guys, he's not as bad as you think.."

Jonghyun looked at me and pouted. I just ignored him and continued sweeping with my back facing him.

"You seem like you're really close to him.."

"You've got a problem with that?"

"Ani.. I'm just.. worried.."

"About what?" I turned to see that short figure but he was already on the way out from class. Hyunjae-unnie just noded. I wasn't sure what she was agreeing on until I heard what she said to me.

"I'm worried too.. We heard that Taemin got involved with a huge fight." she stated worryingly.

"Eh? Who the hell said that? He's not like that.."

But..

When I saw him last night..

He was covered with blood..

"I saw some gangsters looking for Taemin.." Onew informed me.

"Ar-are they going to get revenge?" Hyunjae stuttered.

Seriously? Tae..

You're going to be alright, right?

___________________________________________________________________________

Taemin's POV:

 

Wow.. This school is huge!

I thought as I walked behind the gymnasium. I remembered this place since the head student council showed me this place last from the tour around the school. She didn't even speak to me.

Oh well, I guess I'm already used to this. Besides, I have Haneul to talk to me now~ 

I continued walking until I saw a large, stinky bin. I whistled as I skipped merrily towards it. I don't care how bad it smelled like.. All I care is how proud Haneul will be when she sees that I completed my deed. Just as I was about to throw the thrash, 3 men appeared out of nowhere. They looked rich and tough. One of them, bald and wearing shades (eventhough it was quite shady and dark; I guess he's retarded or something), was standing slightly in front of the other two. I presumed he was the leader and the other men were his assistants. He looked at me.

"You were the one, right?" Mr.Baldy questioned as he took a few steps closer to me. I gave him a glare hoping that he would flee but my hope was useless when he ran dashed towards me.

"HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT ME THAT WAY??!!!" he yelled as he took out a knife from his pocket and charged foward. He was running.. Running with a knife.. Towards me..

He's trying to kill me.

_______________________________________________________________________