The macho's lament

The princess's princess

 

I opened my eyes slowly and turned my face to see the person next to me…the stupid was sleeping peacefully on my arm.

I smiled at the sight… Yesterday she seemed really troubled and now she was like nothing had happened…Stupid Amber…You always made me worried.

I kept looking at her until I felt my stomach growling

TIME TO EAT!

Usually I will pinch her nose until she lacks of oxygen and wakes up but…

I can’t

Gentlemen don’t do that….so I restrained myself and carefully moved my arm away…

CRAP!

I DON’T FEEL MY ARM!!!!!!!!

I tried to move it but….it tickles!...and then hurts!....and tickles!….

Stupid Amber…

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!

 

 ‘’Soojung, are you okay?’’

I turned to see Luna…she was looking at me with her half open eyes

‘’Y-yes? It’s just a cramp’’

‘’Ah…ok’’

She turned to the bathroom while I was still suffering. I was expecting at least a ‘’I will help you’’. Anyway I need food! Umma should be in the kitchen by now

 

I went to sit on the table in front of the tv…Sulli was already there while Umma was still busy in the kitchen…I think Sulli did notice my pained face…

 

‘’Soojunggie…what happen? Did you punch hyung too hard?’’

 

I wish I had…Wait!

 

 

 

Punch? ... Amber?.... Me?

 

 

 

What concept they have of me?

I’m not a violent girl…right?

 

‘’No. It’s just a cramp’’

‘’Then this will make you feel better’’

 

Umma appeared behind me holding two plates…

PANCAKES!

….

….

My plate was almost clean and Amber hadn’t showed up yet…what is taking her so long?

There was only one piece left when the stupid decided to appear. She was still sleepy and sat between Sulli and Luna. Her eyes were closed and she was yawning….nothing out of the ordinary…

I heard umma’s voice asking her if she wanted pancakes….Suddenly an idea plopped up in my mind…

 

‘’Ok. I will…’’

‘’Umma, I will do it’’

 

I stood up in a hurry, ran to the kitchen, left my plate on the washer and started to serve Amber’s plate. I don’t know why but umma was looking at me in a strange way.

 

 ‘’Here it is’’ I put the plate in front of her ‘’Do you want me to cut it in pieces for you?’’

...

Ok…

Did I just say that?

Well… that’s strange…even for me…

I looked at Amber…she seemed… surprised?

Puffff…Like I have never done something like that for her…

20 seconds… 40seconds….one minute…why doesn’t she talk?

This stupid…if I wait for her answer… I’ll grow old so I decided to start cutting it.

I can feel her eyes on me…following my movements…

This isn’t right…

My ears are burning…luckily I’m almost finished…

 

 ‘’What do you want to drink?’’

 

I needed to distract her so I asked

 

‘’M-milk tea?’’

 

MILK TEA?! WHY??!!!!!

 

Is she addicted to it?

 

There are other things apart from milk tea!!!! There is juice…milk… water…

 

Aish…This stupid is so problematic!!!!

 

‘’We don’t have any’’ I looked at her with my poker face trying to scare her so she would change her mind but…

 

I remembered yesterday night

 

’’ I will go to buy some’’

 

I don’t know where that came from…I wanted to kill myself…

And the face of the stupid, Sulli and Luna weren’t of any help either…their mouths were wide open…

I decided to ignore them and went for my keys without looking at the three astonished stooges behind me…

AGH!

 

 

 

This is all Amber’s fault!!!!

 

I had to go to three markets to get her favorite brand…

 

Why?

 

Because the first didn’t have milk tea!

The second one…it wasn’t the brand she likes!

And I walked like 20 blocks to find one stupid market which sells the stupid brand that the stupid drinks!

I was tired of walking and carrying the two six-packs that I bought…

Luckily I was back home already…I was opening the door when I heard Amber shouting…

 

‘’I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!!!’’

 

Just great…have she gone more crazy?

 

 ‘’What didn’t you do?’’

 

I asked her…but I think my tone was too harsh…

The three stooges and umma turned her head slowly and gave me nervous smiles. Luna and Sulli were headlocking Amber but they let her go and turned their attention to the Tv in a hurry. Umma went to the kitchen.

Did I interrupt something?

I came closer to Amber

..

She closed her eyes….

 

 

Oh…she thinks I’m going to shout at her but…

 

 

 

Guess what!

 

 

 

I can’t! Because I made a stupid propose!

..

..

 

‘’Here’’ I put one of the six pack in front of her. I have already walked 20 blocks to get her stupid milk so I better gave her the complete service ‘’Want a glass?’’

 

I was expecting a ‘’No. You have already brought me my milk tea. Have a seat. I will bring you a glass’’ but…

 

Nooooooo….

 

Instead she said…

 

 

 

‘’Y-yes’’

 

Just wait Amber…

 

When this entire thing end…

 

I will definitely make you ship me a car from the States!

 

If someone had told me that being a gentleman was such a pain the I would have never offered myself to act as one but…

 

nobody told me that….

 

It haven’t been even a complete day and I’m already tired…

 

We waited like 20 minutes for the bus and at our stop there aren’t any bench and when the bus arrived I waited for Amber to enter first but she waited for the others to enter too so when we get in there was only one seat left.

 

 

Normally Amber would give me the seat but…

 

 

Now I’m the gentleman…

 

 

So before she said anything I told her to sit…she was going to answer me but I gave her a glare so she obediently sat.  The ride was normal but I could feel all the ahjumma’s stare on us…it was strange until I realized the reason…

the‘’boy’’ should give her seat to the ‘’girl’’ and not the other way

I looked at Amber… she was avoiding everything by looking at the window. I smiled because I noticed her red ears…

 

 

Maybe this is worth of try…

 

 

 When we arrived at our destination I got off first and I put my hand in front of her. She hesitated a little embarrassed because of all the ahjumma’s eyes on her. I chuckled a little when she lowered her head and shyly gave me her hand. I squeezed it trying to calm her and didn’t let her go. I heard Luna squealing like crazy.

 

 

The day continued on…

 

 

I opened the door for her, went to get her a bottle of water when we were on break…etc…etc… all the things she usually does for me…

The only thing I couldn’t understand was why the dance instructor kept looking at me with a weird face!

I was tired of being a gentleman and my stomach was already growling…thankfully, the practice was over.

 

I saw Amber picking up her bag and coming closer to mine…

 

I didn’t want to…

 

But I need to…

 

 ‘’Amber…Don’t’’

 

Amber looked at me troubled….

 

Did you think I was already finished?

 

 

Well…NO!

 

 

I will put up with my act until you go back to your normal self!

 

 

So I came close, took my handbag and snatched hers…

 

 

UGH!

 

 

 

HEAVY!

 

 

What does she have? ROCKS?!

 

 

I tried to act normal in front of her

 

‘’Let’s go’’

 

 

I went to the door and opened for her but the stupid Josephine was still stood up in the same place ‘’Can you hurry up?’’

 

Slowpoke…

 

‘’Y-yes’’

 

We were walking and I can feel my legs trembling. Amber was looking at me with a worried face

 

‘’Princess…let me…’’

‘’I can do this’’

 

You are the princess now…not me

 

‘’But they are too heavy…at least give me my bag’’

‘’I said no. Just keep walking…ok?’’

 

Can’t I protect you too?

 

She was still looking at me with a troubled face so I decided to use my secret weapon…

 

 

GLARE!

 

 

Amber gulped and we continue walking. The rest were already out waiting for us. I was looking at my feet trying not to fall for the weight when I heard Amber shouting to someone

 

 ‘’Henry!’’

 

Henry?

Amber went running to catch him. He smiled as soon he noticed Josephine.

 

‘’What’s up, Amber?...oh…and Hi, Krystal!’’

 

He greeted me in an awkward manner. I expected that. We aren’t close so I just nodded in response. After that he shifted his attention to Amber ‘’Did you bring me the cd?’’

Cd? What Cd?

 

‘’Yeah. Wait a momment’’

 

Amber turned to her bag and opened a zipper. I managed to turn my head a little to see better what she was going to give him. When we turned our attention back too him he was looking at us confused.

 

‘’What happen, bro?’’

‘’Amber…why is Krystal holding your bag?’’

‘’Eh?...well’’

 

Amber didn’t know how to explain…

 

 

I don’t blame Henry. Normally she would be the one carrying my bag; bringing me water…the list was large…

 

 

The idea came up it my head thanks to Amber’s addiction to Mexican food so I bluntly said it…

 

 

‘’Because I’m her macho’’

 

 

Amber and Henry looked at me dumbfounded.

 

 

Well…Now I’m her macho, right?

 

 

I decided to let them talk so I turned to see Amber…

 

 ‘’Amber, I’ll wait for you in the car’’

 

I started walking without looking back…

I could hear Henry laughing…

 

 

 

 

Did Amber make a joke?

It has been like 10 minutes and the stupid won’t show up so I decided to go back to get her…

When I arrived I could see Amber preparing to run but before she did it… I shouted

 

 ‘’AMBER!’’ She turned to see me ‘’Hurry up! I’m hungry’’

 

‘’But…but…but…’’

 

AISH!

 

I came closer to her, grabbed her wrist and started dragging her outside…

 

 

I don’t know why but this stupid is whining…

 

 

 Like I care now…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I’M HUNGRY!