And You Are?

Always By Your Side.

My goal this morning was to get up and get out as soon as possible. After our little spat last night, the last thing I wanted to do was hang around and play 'loving couple' with Han Gil. Every day I lose a little hope that we will ever go back to where we were. I go back in my mind to when we were so in love with each other, but now it seems one-sided, like he's lost interest and that is making me not even want to fight for us anymore.

 

I showered and dressed quickly, trying to leave as soon as possible. My plan to make a quick get-away was almost thwarted when the doorbell rang just as I was walking softly through the living room towards the front door. I hurried to the door, swinging it open before whoever it was could ring again. Standing there was a young guy, close to my age, holding what looked like some of my mail in his hands.

 

"Um... Hi?" I said, looking behind me for any trace of Han Gil. "Can I help you?"

 

"Hi, I'm your new neighbor" he said, smiling down at me. "I believe this belongs to you. The mailman must have placed this in the wrong box." he said, cheerfully.

 

I started, realizing I was staring. "Oh! Um...Thank you." I said, bowing slightly. "You said you're my new neighbor?"

 

"Yeah." he said, smiling and showing off a cute pair of dimples. "Kim Kibum, but you can call me Key." he said holding his hand out. 

 

I wasn't expecting an American style greeting but I shook his hand, smiling back at him. "I'm Cho Alexandra but you can call me Alex." 

 

"So you're part Korean?" he asked. "No need to ask what the other 'part' is!" He said charmingly. "Beautiful." he muttered.

 

I blushed slightly. "No need to ask. My dad is Korean and my mom is part Korean and African." I said, explaining.

 

He stared at me for a few moments, smiling to himself. "Are you OK?" I asked, raising one eyebrow.

 

"Fine...No… I'm fine." he said, shaking himself out of his reverie. 

 

"Well..." I trailed off. "I need to get going. I don't want to be late for work." I said slipping my feet into my shoes, which were, thankfully, right by my door.

 

"Yeah." he said, looking at me again. "I'll see you around?" he asked hopefully.

 

I smiled at him. "Sure! We're neighbors, right?" I said, laughing lightly, slipping my arms into my jacket and grabbing my bag and iPhone off of the side table.

 

He turned and started walking down the hall. "Yeah... Neighbors." he said, looking back at me with a smile. "See you."

 

I smiled and locked my door, stepping in the other direction. "See you." 

 

******************************

 

Work, work, work! Just what I needed to keep my mind off of the my problems going on at home. Although that piece of yumminess in the hall this morning managed to do that too. "Stop it!" I said to myself. "You have a boyfriend. The fact that you met the epitome of yummy in the hall this morning does nothing to change that." I argued with myself quietly as I sat at my desk.

 

"Talking to ourselves again this morning?" 

 

I looked up and smiled at Sandara. "Only the best people do dahling." I said, placing the back of my hand to my forehead dramatically. 

 

"You need help, Alex." she said, laughing at my silliness. "So, how's Han Gil?" she asked, serious now.

 

I shook my head slightly. "He's fine, I guess. We fought last night and I left early this morning so I wouldn't have to deal with anymore." I said, busying myself with the papers on my desk. "I don't know what to do anymore, Dara. I'm doing the best I can, but I can't do it by myself." 

 

She sat down across from me, looking at me sadly. "I'm sorry things are rough right now, maybe it's because of the slump he's in. Once he's doing what he loves like we are, maybe he'll snap out of this." she said encouragingly.

 

"I hope so." I said, "I miss the old Gillie" I sighed.

 

She placed her hand on top of mine. "I know."

 

"Ah!" I said, startling her. "Remind me to kill Jaejoong. He sent me a text at nearly midnight." I said. "Han Gil thinks I'm cheating on him because of that stupid message." 

 

"Seriously, Alex?" she said, "He must be dealing with some serious issues if he thinks that you're cheating on him." She stood up shaking her head.

 

"I know but there's no excuse for Jaejoong to text me so late, it’s almost as if he wanted me to get into trouble over that text.” I sighed again. "But it's not like he would know that my boyfriend checks my texts." 

 

She frowned. "Yeah, I mean who even does that?" she asked. "What ever happened to trust in relationships? It's not like you've ever given him reason not to trust you." she said, looking at me pointedly. "Or have you?"

 

"Of course I haven't." I said, walking out of my cubicle, slowing for her to follow. "I need coffee!" I said heading to the break room. 

 

I leaned against the counter after pouring myself and Dara a cup of coffee. "Yummy." I hummed as I sipped my coffee. My eyes popped open. "Oh! Speaking of yummy, I have a new neighbor and he is just that." I said, smiling at her.

 

"You have a boyfriend, Alex" she sang.

 

"I was telling you for a reason." I sang back. 

 

"Oh?" she said raising a perfectly arched brow at me. "You were scoping him out for me?" she asked, grinning. 

 

"Well... No, not quite. I wasn't really scoping him out as much as I was appreciating the beauty of his dimples." I said cheekily.

 

She leaned towards me. "Dimples?" she breathed. "He has dimples? Describe him" 

 

"Hmm...." I said, thinking of him standing in my door. "Tall, handsome, well more pretty than handsome, chestnut brown hair, dark brown feline gaze, aforementioned dimples, piercings, six to be exact, very well dressed and the most perfect lips I've ever seen on a man." I said, without taking a breath. 

 

She narrowed her eyes at me. "It sounds like you were checking him out yourself." she said smiling softly at me.

 

I shook my head quickly. "I have a...."

 

"Boyfriend." she finished for me. "Yeah, I know."

 

“Well is it a crime to admire someone’s beauty?”     

           

“Nope, it’s not a crime. If all you’re doing is looking…” Dara said.

          

“I’m not a cheater. And cheating isn’t a crime either; it just goes against moral values.”

       

“Whatever you say Alex, just don’t get yourself into trouble because of this new neighbor.”

           

“I won’t. We probably won’t even see each other that often.”

           

“Ok just don’t let Han Gil find out about your soon to be new boyfriend.” She teased me.

           

“Yah! It’s not like that! I’ve only met him once!”

           

“Yet you’re getting so worked up. And don’t ‘yah’ me. I’m still your unni. Anyway let’s get back to work now.”

           

“You act more like my dongsaeng than my unni.” I said under my breath.

           

“What?” She narrowed her eyes at me as if daring me to say it again.

           

“Nothing! I love you unni!” I said as I ran up to her and put my arm around her shoulder while we both walked back to our cubicles.

I loved Dara she was always there to make me smile and always made light of whatever situation I was in. She was a real sweetheart but if anyone ever crossed her or one of her friends, well let’s just say you better get out of Korea because she would hunt you down. So don’t let her cute side fool you, she could be a really scary person sometimes. But that’s why she was my favorite unni out of everyone. 

 


So... Hello everyone! It's me, Dani, co-author of this awesome fic and I will be in the studio today helping Lolo with today's Side Talk. Hopefully, I'll do a good job and Lolo will let me help out on a more permanent basis and maybe even eventually pay me for my hard work.

~Side Talk~

Dani: Today in the studio we have Alex. *To Alex* Hi Alex

Alex: Hi there!

Dani: So Alex, you had a long night? Arguing and such, then you had to get up and sneak out just to avoid another argument? Why do you continue to put up with such a prick?

Alex: Well, as I told Lolo last week, I love him and I just can't see myself with anyone else right now.

Dani: No one? Not even the fine neighbor that you just met?

Alex: *Surprised* Who? 

Dani: I know his name, so I know you do. KIBUM? 

Alex: Kibum is a nice guy, but as I said, I'm with Han Gil and I'm faithful if nothing else.

Dani: So you're not attracted to him at all? Not even a little?

Alex: *Blushing slightly* Well he is attractive...

Dani: Noted by the lengthy description you gave to your friend Sandara.

Alex: So? I think he's cute. But I...

Dani: I know. You have a boyfriend. Anyway... What would you do if your friend actually started talking to him? You wouldn't mind?

Alex: Well... Um.. No. No, I wouldn't mind. If Dara wanted to talk to him, I'd support her because I want her to be happy.

Dani: I think you're full of . Anyway, that's the end of this weeks' Side Talk. See you all next time and thanks for reading!! *Stands up and walks out, leaving Alex sitting there* Muttering: I though the point of this was to get to the truth about things not to listen to people in denial.

Alex: Why did she say I'm full of ?

Lolo: *Walks In* Because you are. We can obviously see you're attracted to him and wouldn't be happy if your friend Dara went out with him.

Alex: I have Han Gil already. So...

Lolo: *Puts Hand Up* Stop. Just stop. I don't need to hear your weird reasoning. We both know, as well as Dani, that you don't want Dara to go out with him. Now whether or not you make a move on him that's a different story.

Alex: Wow you people are rude.

Lolo: And you're whiny. Oh and Dani you won't be getting paid if you keep walking out on the guests like that! That's my thing! *Walks out of the studio*

Alex: What the hell just happened?!

PD-Nim: *Walks onto set* Don't worry you'll get used to it.

Alex: No I won't because I'm never coming back.

Lolo: *Yells from the background* that ! You're coming back even if I have to drag you by that pretty little hair of yours! *Finally leaves*

Alex: Can she do that?!

PD-Nim:  It's probably illegal and would classify as kidnapping but she'll do it. She has before so I say just come back on your own.

Alex: Whatever.