Infectious Fool

Straightforward

 

The stupidly grinning new guy steps forward and holds his hand out to shake Jiho’s, “I’m Kyung, your new partner!” he says, the happiness in his voice is slightly disturbing. Jiho just stares at his hand, his own hands tucked safely in his pockets, there’s no way he’s going to shake his hand. “Woo Jiho.” He deadpans, now looking at the strange guy before him. He had to admit, at least this guy was so ridiculously happy that any insults might just bounce off of him, it could be fun. Then again, working alone would just be that much better. Clearly unaffected by Jiho’s blatant rejection, the guy, or ‘Kyung’ as he announced himself to be, drew back his hand, his smile never faltering.

 

Honestly, it was unnerving. Usually the new partner would be looking at least a little forlorn by now, but no, this guy was grinning like his had rainbows shining out of his . Jiho had to put this to the test, this Kyung had presented him with a challenge, and he was never one to back down. Jiho was going to get to work alone; he just needed to make the new guy leave. He’d done it before, both accidentally and on purpose, how hard could it be to do it for an 8th time? Challenge accepted Park ing Kyung.

 

The chief then sent Kyung out of his office to get started on some paperwork. He asked Jiho to stay to talk for a moment. “Jiho, I know you don’t like working with others. But give Kyung a chance, he’s different from the other partners I’ve assigned to you, this could work!” Jiho shuffled his feet a little. “Do I really have to? You know I’d work fine alone, so why are you pushing so hard for me to have a partner?” The chief sighed; they’d had this conversation far too many times. “I know you’re competent, you’re one of our best. But protocol states we can’t sent you on the streets alone.” Jiho kicks the chair Kyung was sat on. “ protocol, I can’t work with him!” The older man looked visibly frustrated, it was never going to get through to Jiho, was it? “I’ll make you a deal Woo Jiho, if you can last 6 months with Kyung as your partner, I’ll get you working alone.” Jiho’s eyes lit up, did he really just say that? Did he really just say he’d get to work alone? But he had to survive 6 months of that creepy smile, . Weighing up then pros and cons, Jiho resigned, “You have a deal, Chief.” And with that he headed back to his office to drown himself in what was left of his coffee.

 

The new guy, Kyung, was sat in the corner of his office flicking through some paperwork, probably from his desk. Although Jiho had only known him for a matter of minutes, it was odd to see him without that gum tearing grin, he looked oddly focused on the work in front of him, maybe he wouldn’t be so bad after all. He figured he might as well try and be a little nice, especially if he has to put up with the guy for 6 months. He coughed to get his attention, it seemed to be becoming a habit of his.

 

Kyung looked up from the paper in front of him. Jiho stepped forward and stuck his hand out, trying to not let his unhappiness show on his face, “Sorry about earlier, I’m Woo Jiho.” Kyung seemed to pause for a moment, probably deciding whether or not to treat Jiho to a taste of his own bitter medicine, but fortunately he decided against it as he took Jiho’s hand and shook it furiously. “That’s okay, nice to meet you Jiho! Do you want me to call you sunbae? Even though I’m your hyung!” he grinned brightly. Jiho almost felt his own face ache with the power of that smile. “You’re my hyung?!” Jiho gaped. There was no way, sure the guy appeared his age but he had the mentality of a 5 year old! Kyung laughed, “I get that reaction a lot. I promise I can still do my job!” Jiho punched Kyung’s arm lightly, “Yah, you better. Don’t you know I’m one of the best here?” Kyung’s childish ways seemed to have affected Jiho in all of 5 minutes. Kyung just laughed again. “I know, Chief has told me all about you!” Jiho paled a little at that thought, if there was one thing he didn’t like, it was people talking about him, but to hear about it was beyond unnerving.

 

The two chatted for a little while, and Jiho discovered that Kyung wasn’t all bad. They shared an interest in rapping, and both promised to battle one day. They liked a lot of the same music, films and TV shows too. It was strange to find someone so different in personality with so many similarities.

 

The hours ticked by slowly and eventually the working day drew to a close, Kyung’s first day was over and he’d survived the wrath of Jiho, perhaps even impressed him a little. Jiho had decided that perhaps he could live with having Kyung as a partner, even though he still had 6 months to decide. So the countdown began.

 

----

Now I seriously am on a roll, more than one chapter on multiple fics in one day? That's more activity than most of this year! XD I do hope it's a good story for you guys though, this is going to be a more realistic type story. So no, they aren't gonna suddenly jump each other after 2 chapters and have constant until they get married and have kids in the following chapter lol xD sorry if that's what you're looking for! Anyway, please comment and sub if you liked it, much more to come :D