Crazy fools

Straightforward

 

Just another day on the job, Jiho thinks, gulping down his third coffee of the day. He isn’t surprised at all when his trainee partner quits, and even less surprised when he hears it’s because of him. Jiho was one of those ‘harsh’ people. It wasn’t that he was mean, in fact he had a wicked sense of humour, it was that there were no in-betweens for Jiho. It was either black or white, no grey areas. If you asked for his opinion, you could expect a brutally honest one. It wasn’t his fault that some people couldn’t handle it. He probably would have been fired by now, if it weren’t for the fact he was one of the best police officers their squadron had recruited in years. Jiho took a small amount of pride in his almost immunity to being fired.

 

His current partner-less ‘predicament’ had come about when he had been teamed with the most pansy police officer he’d ever met. Why the chief thought that they’d make a good partnership was completely beyond him. Jiho quite liked to work alone; it wasn’t like he had a tough part of the neighbourhood so there had yet to have been an incident where he actually required back up, let alone a partner. Of course, Jiho had taken it upon himself to let the pansy new partner know exactly how he felt, he wasn’t trying to be mean, but evidently it came across that way and the officer broke down in tears. Even if he was being mean, it sure didn’t warrant the tears pouring from his now former partners eyes. How the man ever got out of the police academy alive was also a mystery to Jiho.

 

So far, Jiho had successfully ‘ridded’ himself of 7 partners in his short two years at their office. Admittedly, a few were a little more intentional than they should have been, but what can you do? If the partnership isn’t going to work, it has to be stopped early on. Jiho hoped one day the chief would see sense and stop pairing him up with such ridiculous people, if he wasn’t going to get a decent partner then he should be allowed to work alone.

 

Unfortunately that crazy old man was never going to see sense. As if on queue, the deputy popped his head around Jiho’s office door. “Chief wants to see ya man.” He announced with a slight grimace, knowing full well Jiho’s distaste for being assigned with a partner, as that’s exactly what was going to happen, again. The deputy left to continue his own work and Jiho cursed under his breath, slowly making his way to the chief’s office. The old geezer just couldn’t let him have any fun.

 

Stopping outside the head office door, Jiho briefly ponders if he could get away with feigning illness and running home before he had to face the chief and presumably, yet another partner. He finally reaches for the door handle and creaks the door open, accepting his unfortunate fate.

 

The chief is sat at his desk looking as eccentric as ever with his shock of white hair, and the wild expressions on his face do nothing to defend his sanity. In one of the ‘visitor’ seats is a young guy, seemingly around Jiho’s age, and seemingly as insane as the old chief himself as he and the chief chat away excitedly, having yet to notice Jiho’s entrance. Jiho coughs slightly to try and catch the chiefs attention and the loonies conversation almost immediately stops, a little frightening really. “Ah, Jiho, welcome. I have someone I’d like to introduce you to.” He coughs and the unknown grinning guy suddenly stands up. “This is Park Kyung, your new partner.” Just ing great.

 

---

On a roll today, churned out 3 chapters for 3 different stories and finished off chapters for a few others too! It may sound boring as of yet, but this is a story that's been wanting to be written for a while now, so I hope you enjoy it! >< Also, I've begun putting authors notes in grey so you can skip over them without it disrupting the story ^^v