Awkward Fools

Straightforward

 

The weeks rolled on and Jiho discovered that he and Kyung had what could be described as a ‘love-hate’ relationship. One minute they’d get along perfectly fine, and the next minute Jiho had Kyung in a choke hold. Then Jiho found out Kyung was gay and although it didn’t bother him, many awkward situations – for Jiho at least – were to follow.

 

“Hey lover boys, you can choke each other later, the chief needs you, Jiho.” One of their co-workers called out. Jiho was ready to choke him instead. Reluctantly, he released the shorter male from his death grip and trudged towards the chief’s office, boring holes into the back of that co-worker’s head. The comment, of course, had no effect on the blazing ball of positive energy that was Park Kyung who stared after Jiho, grinning.

 

Once seated, Jiho soon realised that the upcoming discussion with the chief was to be a serious one. The worried look cast across his usually bright features was unnerving. The chief shifted in his chair, bringing his hands to rest under his nose. “I have some news for you both.” The chief and serious news was never good. Jiho was genuinely worried now; he wasn’t going to add another partner was he? He could barely manage Kyung!

 

The chief looked at Jiho, disappointment evident in his eyes. Disappointment about what?  “Jiho, I’m giving you a promotion.” Oh? “That’s a good thing isn’t it, Chief?” Jiho tried to conceal his grin, considering the look currently masking the Chief’s face. “Indeed. But you won’t be working with Park Kyung.” Oh. Jiho felt…relieved? A little disappointed? He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but he didn’t feel comfortable. “I see. Who will I be working with?” The Chief shifted in his seat again, sighing. “Alone, you finally get to work alone.” Jiho suddenly perked up. “Really? I really get to work by myself?” The Chief nodded. “That’s great! Isn’t it? What is the promotion?” After rustling around his desk, the Chief produced a manila envelope, presumably containing details of Jiho’s promotion. “You’ll be a detective now. Take a look at the files in here.”

 

Taking the envelope from his hands, Jiho couldn’t help his spirits being dampened by the Chief’s serious tone. The Chief looked at him expectantly, his hands resting under his nose once more. Jiho then reached into the envelope and took out the containing documents. Glancing over the printed words, Jiho’s eyes widened. An undercover mission?! Surely not. After all, being in the police force wasn’t exactly like being in the MI5. “Is this for real?” Jiho pressed, disbelieving of the documents before him. “Of course. I’d like you to consider this offer carefully, Jiho. Read it over properly, it’s a risky job. I’ll give you until the end of the week to decide.” Came the firm reply, the Chief then motioning for him to leave. So there were 4 days to make the decision, he thought, as he left the Chief’s office.

 

Jiho wasn’t sure why he felt like this was such a hard decision; surely this was what he wanted? He spent years building to the moment when he’d finally get to work alone, but now it’s here, he isn’t jumping on it like he thought he would. Perhaps he didn’t mind working in a team so much, perhaps it was the danger? He knew he’d be able to handle himself well though, and manage the ‘mission’ with relative ease. He was supposed to go undercover into some secret drug circuit. Apparently the ‘tough’ guys were underground rappers. Jiho could do underground rapping, in fact, he already had. Thinking it over like that, perhaps this promotion really is what Jiho wants. Of course it is, yes, of course! He’s been waiting for this for so long. Perhaps it was his disbelief that was making him feel so doubtful? That’s most probable. So even with 4 days left to decide, Jiho had already decided within 4 minutes of leaving the Chief’s office.

 

“Yah, Jiho. Woo Jiho!” Jiho turned, blinking at the source of shouting, Park Kyung, who was looking unusually exasperated. “What?” He asked innocently, despite knowing full well Kyung must have been calling on him for a while. “I’ve called your name like 10 times already! I asked you what the Chief wanted.” Oh, so he had been calling for a while. “Sorry Hyung! Oh it was nothing, just some errands.” Jiho smiled reassuringly, with a hint of guilt. Kyung turned away from him dramatically, with a loud ‘humph’. He couldn’t help but smirk at his Hyung’s actions, he was so childlike sometimes. “Hyung, I said I was sorry!” Another ‘humph’. “Yah, Hyung. Seriously, I’m really sorry!” Kyung held his head high in the air, a smile playing on his lips, and once again he ‘humphed’.

 

It was time for drastic measures, there were few things you could do when Kyung was in this mood. Leaping up from his chair and onto Kyung’s lap, he wrapped his arms around Kyung’s neck and started snuggling as if he were a baby. “Please Kyunggie, please forgive me!” He even tried his best ‘cute voice’. At this point, Kyung was trying his hardest not to burst out laughing. “Only on one condition, Woo Jiho.” He whispered, still trying to hold back his laughter. “Which is?” Jiho replied, still keeping up his cute voice. Kyung then pointed to his cheek, “A kiss.” Jiho felt his face redden; Kyung always had to be more drastic than him! Sighing in defeat he leant forward to his friend’s cheek.

 

“Yah! Get back to work, you can kiss each other later. Sheesh, you’d think these kids could wait until they got home.” A senior shouted across the office, muttering the last part to himself. If Jiho thought his face was red before, he would have hated to have seen his face in that moment. Suddenly the air between himself and Kyung became tense and awkward, and he slowly peeled himself away from the shorter male and shuffled back to his own desk, his face still burning. 

 

---

 

It took a while, but all of a sudden I have awesome ideas for the rest of this story! I was really worried about how I was going to continue it but alsrgskdg I know now, I know! I'm so excited! ;; I still have to write chapters for my other fics but I wanna do this one! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, it's the longest one yet, although not by much. Comments and subs are most appreciated ^^ thanks!