Chapter 8- Ohno's POV

When the cherry blossoms bloom

 

Chapter 8- Ohno’s POV

A week has passed by slowly from the day in which I met him. There are many events in the spring, and I stayed late at work everyday. Whenever I stopped to rest, our last conversation flashed back in my head.

~ ~ ~

“Nino.”

 

“Yes?”

 

“The song you performed today… I want to hear it again. Can you sing it for me next time?”

 

“…Of course. Please come again. :)”

~ ~ ~

Did he forget already? Or does he still remember? From that day, I keep thinking about him… whenever I stop to rest or think, his smile pops up in my head.

“…Are you in love?” My boss’ voice that was suddenly whispered into my ear scared me and I almost fell out of my chair.

“You scared me! What are you talking about??”

 “You’re daydreaming a lot lately, so I thought… you must be in love!”

“Uh, boss…?” Even if I might be acting as if I was in love, I mean, Nino is a guy, so…

“Hahaha, I was kidding. Don’t worry about it. :)” The boss laughed and walked off. Honestly, I’m not very sure about my feelings, but I don’t really care. Right now, all I want to do is go to the “Piano” again to meet him and listen to that song… Yes. I’ll definitely go to visit him today.

 

“I’m done~!!” I stretched and glanced at the clock. It was just past 11 o’clock at night. “Boss, I’m going go now. See you tomorrow~”

“See you.” He smiled. I got all of my things and got ready to leave as fast as I could. It was only a week, since I last saw him, and I think this is the first time that made me want to go see someone this bad. What if he thought I was weird and refused to see me? The last time was the first time I met him, so it wasn’t as if we became good friends immediately, but that was why I wanted to get to know him better. I quickened my pace and looked around for the shop. I was actually wondering if I should call Sho-kun too, but I reckoned that he would be busy so I came alone.

“Oh, here it is.”

I pushed the door open and I heard the same friendly and welcoming noise of the bells attached to the door.

“Welcome to the “Pia—Huh? Oh-chan! Kazu-kun, Oh-chan’s here!!” Aiba-chan started walking towards the counter cheerfully and Nino popped his head out from his room.

“Welcome, Ohno-san!” His soft smile also pulled the corners of my mouth and we both grinned at each other. I didn’t know what to say, so I just said, “I came. I’m here.”

“I can tell.” Nino answered with a short reply and giggled softly.

“Oh-chan? What do you want to drink, beer? Why didn’t you bring Sho-chan as well?”

“Thanks, Aiba-chan. I thought Sho-kun was too busy so I didn’t call him today.”

“Oh, I see.”

 

“Cheers~!” The noise of our glasses clanking together filled the room and I took a big gulp of beer. Aaaahhhh, so good. :) I watched Nino put down his glass and unconsciously pulled his hand toward me.

“Woah, Ohno-san?! What are you doing?”

“Oh I just thought… your hands are kind of small.” I took his hand with both of mine and pulled it in closer to my face to examine it. I could tell that Nino was starting to get a little bit annoyed and I glanced up to see his expression.

“They just look like kids’ hands.” He was pouting his lips and looking down.

“Kazu-kun’s hands are so cute~! I can’t imagine them playing the piano! :D”

“Shut up, Ma-kun.”

“I was praising you!”

“Just shut up!” He pouted his lips even bigger and stared at my hands instead of his own.

“Ohno-san’s hands… are so beautiful. Your fingers are so long.”

“Your hand looks like a meat patty.” Nino looked confused for a minute and then burst out laughing.

“No one told me that before…hahahaha meat patty!” He was trying so hard to control his laughter that he looked really funny and Aiba-chan and I started laughing with him.

“You’re funny, Ohno-san.” Nino wiped the tears in his eyes and took his hands out of my gentle grip.

“Ohno-san, can tell me all of your favorite things?” His eyes were sparkling as if he was a child who found a new toy to play with.

“…Sure.” I was happy that you took at least some kind of interest in me and I could tell that I was starting to smile. I’ll tell you anything that you want to know about me. I just hope that little by little, the distance between us will become shorter.