Chapter 12- Matsumoto/Aiba’s POV

When the cherry blossoms bloom

 

Chapter 12- Matsumoto’s POV

“Welcome! How are you?”

“Welcome! Thank you for coming again!”

“The weather is very nice today.”

“This is for me? Thank you!”

“Please come again!”

Although this café is very small, it is extremely popular in the neighborhood and there were many customers today. The reason why it’s so famous is because of the master’s delicious coffee…and Kazu’s service to the customers. He’s been working here since junior high school and a lot of the regular customers obviously come just to see Kazu. From small kids, girls, middle-aged men, grandmas and grandpas, and probably even the two girls that Kazu is taking orders from right now. I mean seriously, why would two young high school girls want to come to such an old café? 

“Ninomiya-san, I would like a soda float.”

“Me too~”

“Okay. Please wait a moment.” And there it is. That sparkling smile he always uses when he talks to the customers. I don’t blame the girls for liking him, honestly.

“Jun-kun, are you free right now? I didn’t take the order from those two over there yet… can you please help me make two soda floats?”

“Mm-hm. Yep.” I generally help the master with making the food, and Kazu is in charge of all of the drinks except for the coffee, Shingo-san is the only person who can make that. Although this café can become very busy and full during lunch, Kazu and I have been working here for a long time so we’re not bad at handling the store when it becomes crowded.  

I prepared the soda float and glanced at Kazu, who was talking to the couple sitting at the back of the café with a cheerful smile on his face. When I saw him this morning, his face was very pale and he had a fake smile plastered on to his face when he was chatting to the customers, so I was really worried about him. I asked him what was wrong when we were resting, but he didn’t want to talk about it, so I let it go because I know how deep Kazu and Aiba-san’s bond is, and they always get back to normal by the end of the day. The problem for me came after that.

Kazu’s mobile rang, and as soon as he saw the screen, he muttered: “Ohno-san…” His eyes became all teary as he opened whatever this ‘Ohno-san’ sent him and he smiled as if he felt relieved from the bottom of his heart. I wasn’t really sure what happened but I was pretty sure that the reason why Kazu was so upset today was not just because he made Aiba-san cry, but I bet it had something to do with this ‘Ohno-san’ as well.

Kazu, don’t you realize? When it comes to this ‘Ohno-san’, you’re expression becomes more and more delightful each time and seeing you like that hurts me and it makes me like you even more. I don’t know if I like you the same way that you like this ‘Ohno-san’, but I’m definitely sure of one thing. Ohno-san will fall in love with Kazu. 

 

 

Aiba’s POV

I start each day by going to my parents’ to help in their Chinese restaurant, and at around 2 o’clock, when the restaurant is less busy, I come back to the ‘Piano’ to clean, buy ingredients, and do preparation work to open the bar at 7 o’clock. Normally, it should be the eldest son who takes over their parents’ work, but I feel very sorry for my little brother who has to take my place because I am always with Kazu-kun. But my little brother is already married and has kids, and whenever I tell him that I’m sorry, he says, “I am very glad that I was the one to take over our parents’ restaurant.” I am truly thankful for my brother; he is the reason why I was able to fulfill my dreams on running my own restaurant with Kazu-kun.

“…It’s almost time.” Kazu-kun always comes home at around 5 o’clock in the evening, and I wanted to talk to him. I was supposed to reassure him yesterday, but I accidentally cried and worried him instead. I have always been with Kazu-kun, and we have always shared pain together. I didn’t want him to feel guilty for it or anything, but… I guess that’s just impossible. Kazu-kun is Kazu-kun after all, and he doesn’t like people sacrificing themselves for him. Although I can only watch him and look over him beside him, perhaps Oh-chan can actually change Kazu-kun, and help him out of his own little shell. The clanging of the bells on the door made my thoughts disappear, and I turned around to see Kazu-kun walk in.

“…Ma-kun, I’m back.”

“…Welcome home, Kazu-kun.” I face him with my usual smile. Kazu-kun’s expression is… huh? Refreshed?

“Ma-kun… I’m really sorry about yesterday. I am really happy that you’re always here for me and you’re always helping me. I’m thankful that you’re with me all the time.”

“Yeah… I know. I also get power and energy from you too. I was thinking just now as well, if it wasn’t for you, my dream of running a restaurant probably wouldn’t have come true, so I’m really thankful to you too.” When I added, “It’s true,” Kazu-kun looked at me with teary eyes and smiled. He’s like a younger brother to me but the same age.

“Anyways, Kazu-kun, something good happened today, right?”

“Really, Ma-kun. You know everything.” He laughed and fished out his phone from his front pocket and showed me a message that Oh-chan sent him. Kazu-kun’s expression was so happy that I started feeling happy too. …I hope everything goes well. I want Jun, Kazu-kun, Oh-chan and Sho-chan to all become happy, but the most important thing for me is that Kazu-kun keeps smiling no matter what. 

 


So I noticed that first few chapters were all very short and I had too many chapters... So I combined them~!! X)

I'm sorry if it confuses you or made it harder to read or anything, but I didn't change the story that much. :)

Sorry for the sudden change, please continue reading and feel free to comment~!! ♪( ´▽`)