16

Love Is...

Chapter Sixteen

 

"So ,Sehun loves pretty girls?" Jooyeon asked for the third time.
 
"For the third time Jooyeon, yes. Everyone does, actually. And besides, Sehun's past girlfriends are really pretty." I said.
 
She looked at me with wide eyes. "Wait, what? Sehun had a girlfriend?"
 
I nodded.
 
"I thought he was NGSB." 
 
I raised an eyebrow. "What's that?"
 
"No Girlfriend Since Birth." She said matter-of-factly.
 
"Oh, sorry. I'm slow with abbreviations."
 
"How many girlfriends?" She went back to the topic.
 
"Only two. Both are models."
 
Jooyeon face palmed. "Goodbye, hope." She muttered.
 
"It's not impossible for him to have model girlfriends I mean, he's just like Kai." I said.
 
I wonder what that guy is doing right now.
 
"What do you mean just like Kai?"
 
"Rich and all," I shrugged, taking a bite of the biscuit I got from Jooyeon's fridge.
 
"Kai had a model girlfriend, too?" 
 
Now that was one of the questions I could not answer.
 
I am the best friend who does not know anything about my best friend's love life.
 
Kai never told me anything about his love life, his girlfriends or relationships.
 
I never tried to ask him, though. 
 
"Um, I don't- I mean, I'm not sure." I said.
 
Jooyeon gave me a confused look. "Are you serious?"
 
"I am. I really don't know. Let's just not talk about it. The topic is not about him anyway." I said, trying to go back to the Sehun topic.
 
But Jooyeon was compulsive. "Really? You're not even asking him about it?" 
 
I nodded.
 
"Maybe you should just ask Sehun about it, if you really are desperate to know the answer." I smiled at her. "Do you have any more questions?"
 
Jooyeon smiled and nodded. "Is he interested in books? If yes, what type of books?"
 
"Just like what I said, he is like Kai."
 
"Definitely not a book lover!" She said. 
 
Jooyeon seemed to be getting more and more under pressure knowing his crush's likes and dislikes. 
 
 
Kai's POV
 
I was in the living room, sitting on the couch while watching some really dramatic show with Jungah and Chaerin.
 
I just got home from some place where I bought the ones I'm going to wear on Tuesday next week.
 
It was really tiring, believe me.
 
Going shopping with someone who goes around the whole mall and checks almost every boutique she sees, very tiring
 
Plus, Sehun kept on calling over and over again it was starting to bug me.
 
My phone rang again and I answered it.
 
"What the hell Sehun?!" I growled.
 
"Shh.." Jungah said, focusing on the show.
 
I stood up and headed outside the house.
 
 
"Are you with Minah right now?" He asked.
 
 
"No,"
 
 
"She's not answering her cellphone!"
 
 
"She doesn't even have a cellphone!"
 
 
I heard him cluck his tongue on the other line. Then he hang up.
 
I got back inside and they were still watching the same show. 
 
I couldn't bear to watch that show so I just decided to go to my room and watch some interesting TV show.
 
I wonder what Minah is doing right now.
 
Should I call her?
 
God, I am dying to call her.
 
But she said she'll be busy the whole day and I don't want her to get mad at me for bothering her. 
 
I tried to focus on the television, but my thoughts won't cooperate.
 
CALL MINAH. CALL MINAH. CALL MINAH, NOW, it says.
 
No, I will not call her.
 
She's busy, I won't bother her.
 
I buried my face in my pillow and tried to sleep. 
 
...
 
I woke up to the sound of my own stomach grumbling.
 
The television and the lights were still on meaning no one dared to intrude my room.
 
Very good.
 
I got up, turned the television off and went downstairs to look for something to eat.
 
Bad news, there were none. 
 
I sighed and headed to the living room.
 
It was four o' clock in the morning.
 
I grabbed the remote and was about to turn the television on when Jungah suddenly appeared behind me. "Jongin-ah,"
 
I placed my hand on my chest, feeling my heart beating really fast.
 
"You scared me." I said. 
 
She let out a soft laugh. "I'm so sorry, I'm having a hard time sleeping, too so I decided to go down to look for some milk, then I saw you."
 
"It's already four o' clock in the morning and you still can't sleep?" 
 
"Your sister and I finished the whole show. It was really good."
 
So, that's why.
 
My stomach grumbled again and I was sure she heard it.
 
"What do you want to eat?" She asked me, smiling.
 
I opened the television. "Anything," I said.
 
Jungah headed to the kitchen. 
 
I grabbed the telephone and dialed the number in Minah's house.
 
Six rings before Chohee halmeoni answered it.
 
"Is Minah up already?" I asked.
 
 
"She's still sleeping. She had a hard time sleeping last night because of coughs and colds." 
 
 
This girl, does not really know how to take care of herself. "Is she okay?"
 
 
"Yes, she is. I already gave her some medicine for her to drink. I'll just tell her to call you as soon as she wakes up, okay?" 
 
 
"Okay, bye," I put the telephone back to its place and watched some TV while waiting for my food. 
 
 
Minah's POV
 
Sungjae was on my bed holding a medicine kit and wearing a toy stethoscope when I woke up.
 
I sat up slowly and squinted at him. "Why are you playing doctor in my room?" I asked him.
 
"I'm not playing." He felt my forehead then my neck.
 
"I'm being a doctor here, you know. Now answer me, how are you feeling, my patient?" He asked, scowling at me.
 
I stretched my hands and pinched his cheeks really hard.
 
"Stop being adorable Sungjae-ah. It's not funny anymore." I let go of his cheeks and saw him teary eyed.
 
I gaped at him. "Omo! I'm sorry baby boy!"
 
He pouted and I hugged him.
 
"Mianhae," I kissed his cheeks.
 
"Halmeoni told me to tell you that you should call Kai hyung as soon as you wake up." He said, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.
 
"Why?"
 
Sungjae shrugged.
 
I kicked my blanket off and carried Sungjae downstairs. 
 
"Good Morning- achoo! Halmeoni." I smiled putting Sungjae down on the kitchen.
 
"Do you feel better now?" She asked, flipping the egg with the spatula.
 
"Yeah," I cleared my throat. "much better than last night."
 
"Have you called him yet?"
 
"Ah, oh yeah I almost forgot," I sniffled.
 
 
I grabbed the telephone and dialed the landline number of the Kim's.
 
One of their maids answered.
 
"Hello? Kim's residence, good morning." She said with such delight in her voice.
 
 
"May I speak with Kim Jongin please?"
 
 
"Okay, hold on," According to what I heard, she ran upstairs and knocked on some door, Kai's maybe. 
 
 
"Hello?" Kai said.
 
 
"Hm?" 
 
 
"Hey," 
 
 
I heard him closing the door and throwing himself into the bed. "Ah..."
 
 
"What?" 
 
 
"How are you feeling?" He asked. His voice sounded tired. It was handsome, though.
 
 
"I'm um," I sniffed, then cleared my throat. "I'm okay, I guess." 
 
 
"No, you're not. Your voice sounds different, you still have colds."
 
 
"Yeah, but I'm feeling better. Much better than last night. Hey, can you ask Chaerin unnie what time are we gonna go to her shop today?"
 
 
"Yeah," he whimpered. "Sure."
 
 
"Thanks!"
 
 
"I'll come with you." He muttered.
 
 
"No," I said. "you can't."
 
 
"Why?"
 
 
"You can't see my dress. You're not allowed to see my beautiful dress." I said.
 
 
He clucked his tongue. "Okay, whatever, don't forget to drink your medicine, okay?"
 

"Yes, boss!" I chuckled. "Bye!"