15

Love Is...

Chapter Fifteen 

 

I got out of the bus and stood outside Jooyeon's condominium.
 
I decided to visit her because I really missed hanging out with her.
 
"Good Afternoon Ma'am!" The guard at the entrance greeted me with a smile.
 
I bowed as a reply and got inside the elevator. 
 
I arrived at the fifth floor and looked for Jooyeon's room.
 
I knocked twice as I found Room 488.
 
Jooyeon opened the door, but she wasn't able to see me at once because she was looking down while rubbing her eyes.
 
"Ya," I said. She looked up with sleepy eyes and when she saw that it was me, she brightened up.
 
"Minah-ya!!" 
 
I smiled.
 
"Come in!" She dragged me inside and as always, her things were all neatly fixed.
 
Before, I thought I was the only person who was obsessed with being clean, but then I met Jooyeon. 
 
"Sorry, I just woke up."
 
I looked at the clock and said, "But it's already three in the afternoon!"
 
"I did a lot of things at school yesterday. One of the sections in high school had their outreach and they asked me to accompany them because their adviser was absent. Guess what time we got home." 
 
I looked at her.
 
She yawned. "Ten o' clock in the evening."
 
"Yeah, you look really stressed." I said.
 
She sighed. "Have you had breakfast?"
 
I nodded. "Yup, it's actually lunch time already. I mean, late lunch."
 
Jooyeon stood up and headed to her small kitchen.
 
I followed her and smiled at the neatness of her kitchen.
 
"Let's see, what do we have here," she said scanning her refrigerator.
 
She saw hot dogs in the fridge and took it. "Are hot dogs okay? It's the only easiest thing to cook." She looked at me.
 
"Yeah, whatever you like."
 
She closed the fridge and started washing the frying pan.
 
"Minah, I have something to tell you." Jooyeon said with a creepy smile.
 
"What is it?" I asked.
 
"Later, I'll tell you. Don't be too excited."
 
"Tch. You're the one who's excited, not me." I said as I walked out of the kitchen and started to wander around the room. 
 
A yellow picture frame on top of Jooyeon's bookshelf caught my attention.
 
I walked towards it and felt a tug in my heart as the picture became clearer and clearer. 
 
tumblr_mp56xhwXCz1qi8k0mo1_500.png
 
It was a picture of Myungsoo and I. 
 
Jooyeon took that one back when it was my fifteenth birthday.
 
As far as I can remember, I was reading a birthday letter from Myungsoo that time when Jooyeon asked him to kiss me on the cheek.
 
And yeah, he did.
 
Jooyeon really loved this picture and asked me if she could put it inside a frame and display it somewhere in her house. 
 
I put the frame back to its place and wiped my eyes with the back of my hands.
 
I spun around and saw Jooyeon looking at me while holding a plate with hot dogs. "I'm sorry," 
 
I shook my hands in front of my face and giggled. "No, don't be. I-I guess I just got sentimental." I giggled again. 
 
Jooyeon placed the plate on top of the center table.
 
I sat on one of her bean bag chairs and started to eat.
 
I guess, when it comes to Myungsoo, I always get very moody.
 
I mean, I loved him. So much, too much, and it was wrong.
 
When he left, it felt as if he took all the happiness from me.
 
He left me all alone.
 
He threw everything away.
 
And now, I never want him to come back again.
 
My heart hated him.
 
I hated him.
...
"So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" I asked before drinking the remainder of my grape juice.
 
Jooyeon gasped. "Oh, yeah! I almost forgot!" She giggled, "Wait," then squealed. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, okay,"
 
Looking at her expression right now, I could tell that this girl is in love. 
 
She cleared and adjusted on her seat. "Sehun... Is Kai's friend, right?" She asked.
 
I pursed my lips, then nodded.
 
I knew where this was going.
 
"Close friend?" She asked once again.
 
"Yes, why?" 
 
Sehun was Jooyeon's crush, love, like, whatever! But they haven't met each other personally.
 
Sehun is aware about her existence -- all because of me -- and Jooyeon is the same, but they haven't had the chance to see each other in person.
 
That's what I know. 
 
 
She squealed. "Oh my god, okay, um, sorry-"
 
I cupped my face with my hands and looked at her.
 
"Come on, Lee Jooyeon just tell it." I said, desperately.
 
I really wanted to know about it. 
 
"Sehun," she began. "Sehun and I are seeing each other." 
 
Oh my God... This girl.
 
I squealed.
 
I mean, I can't help it.
 
"You're lying!" I stretched my hand and touched her ear.
 
It was not cold, not at all. Jooyeon wasn't lying.
 
"Tell me who's lying." She smiled.
 
I covered my mouth in a gape. "Since when?" 
 
"Last last week."
 
I pulled my hair and bit my lip. "How?! Tell me, everything!!"
 
"Sunhwa's boyfriend, Siwan, you know him, right?" She looked at me.
 
I nodded. "Continue, continue!"
 
"He invited us to go to Nolja, that huge, expensive bar in Myeongdong because one of his friends own that bar. Sunhwa agreed. She told me that the drinks are gonna be free and so, I agreed to go, too."
 
She paused and breathed for a moment then continued, "So yeah, I agreed to go. When we got inside Sunhwa and I sat on the bar and ordered some drinks. Me, being the girl who's not used to going into places like that kept looking around and examining things." 
 
I had to laugh at that.
 
Jooyeon was not really the type of girl who loves to go clubbing and all. She prefers to stay at home, read a good book and drink coffee.
 
Just like me.
 
That's why we became friends.
 
"I'm sorry, okay, go on," I motioned for her to continue and she did.
 
"Thanks for ruining the momentum, anyway, I was looking around when suddenly, I saw a blonde guy, coming out of the comfort room and walking towards our direction. As he got closer, I couldn't help but notice his familiar face."
 
She paused again.
 
"Stop looking at me like that!" She said, whacking my leg.
 
I chuckled and said, "Sorry. Continue! Don't mind me."
 
She rolled her eyes. "He sat down, two stools away from me and that's when I noticed that I really knew him. It was not just a familiar face, it was Sehun."
 
"Can I just fast forward the story? I mean, I really want to ask you lots of things about him. Please?"
 
I pouted. "Okay, go."
 
She smiled. "Then I told Sunhwa about it. Then I walked towards him and talked to him. And then he knew my name, I asked him how come. He told me that you kept on telling him things about me, then I got shy, then we talked and talked about stuff until it was time for us to leave." 
 
"Did you tell him something before leaving?"
 
Jooyeon looked up, thinking about it.
 
"Um, he told me that he'll see me soon and of course I said yes."
 
"So that's where it all started," I said, nodding to myself.