Luck Is My Enemy

My Boyfriend's An Alien?!

Hee Young's POV

 THUD.

 That was the sound of me getting slammed into the lockers by some other students. "Haha, why don't you watch where you're going, pabo." A girl named Trish laughed and knocked my books out of my hands. I blush from embarrassment and bend over to pick them back up. 

 Ki, where are you? I wondered as she and her cliche left. I put my books back into my locker. I just stare at my reflection in the mini mirror attached to my locker door. I quickly start fixing my hair as I notice Daesung, only the cutest guy in school, walk my way. I keep telling myself to breathe and pretend that Ki is by my side and telling me the non-loserish things to say to him. I fix my hair, smack my cheeks some, look straight at him, smile cutely, and open my mouth to say annyeong-haseyo, and he walks right by me. I blush embarrassed and try to act like I totally wasn't about to talk to him. I watch him hug Trish and then kiss her. I hear her friends laughing at me and I hide my face in my locker embarrassed. 

 I just sigh and take out my sketchbook and sketching pencils for my next class, art. Art was a good class. I had Ki in it and more importantly, I had Daesung in it too. Even better than that, Trish wasn't in it. Today, our art teacher would be assigning us partners for an art project. Ki was the only one I would talk to in art class, and really the only person in the school I would talk to. It's not like I chose to only talk to her, but Ki and I, well, we aren't really known for being the popular ones at school. If Ki doesn't show up, then I'll be totally alone today. I'll be the only one going through Trish's torment... 

 Though I guess it has its good sides. If Ki isn't here I'll have a better chance of being partnered up with Daesung. Ah...Kang Daesung...<3 Um...anyways, I hope I'm partnered up with Daesung! My life literally depended on my teacher's decision. I close my locker and head over to art class. I had every finger and toe I could cross, crossed for this pairing. Our art teacher, Mrs. Seunghyun, came in smiling as usual. I sat at a table in the back by myself as I watched the other students come in and take their seats. I watched as Daesung gracefully took his seat at a table in the front of the class. Even the back of his head is gorgeous...sigh. 

 Mrs. Seunghyun leaves her desk and walks over to the front of her class. "Well, class. Today you get your partners for the project. I'm not pairing you up with your friends, I actually want you to get work done." She said looking at a paper with the names on it. I wonder who's name is next to Daesung's beautiful name. "I'm going to read of the partners now." I had everything crossed. May luck be on my side. I was tapping my fingers on the table as she called out the partners. Every time my heart skipped a beat because I was afraid she'd call out Daesung's name with someone else.

 "Hee Young and Kang Daesu-" Why did you stop? WAE?! WHY DID YOU STOP?! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THIS. JUST FINISH SAYING THE REST OF HIS NAME, DAMN IT. I was literally on the edge of my chair as a tiny, blonde boy walked in the classroom. The girls squealed at his aegyo. "Are you new?" Mrs. Seunghyun asked the boy. OF COURSE HE'S NEW. NO ONE CARES. PLEASE JUST PAIR ME UP WITH DAESUNG LIKE YOU HAVE PLANNED AND THEN WORRY ABOUT THE BOY.

 "Ne. My name is Kwon Jiyong." He said quietly and looked around the class. "This is the class of the art?" Mrs. Seunghyun nodded and smiles warmly at him. What a weird way to ask that question.

 "You can sit back there with Hee Young." She said. "Hee Young, please raise your hand for Jiyong." I slowly raise my hand as the other students look at me. I hate it when people stare at me. It's so uncomfortable. Jiyong walks to the back of the class in sits in Ki's seat. The one day Ki misses school and a new kid comes and steals her seat. "So, as I was saying about the partners." Mrs. Seunghyun smiled. YES, THANK YOU WOMAN. SAY THAT DAESUNG AND I ARE PARTNERS. PLEASE MY EARS, MRS. SEUNGHYUN. THEY ARE IN NEED OF PLEASING.

 "I was going to say Hee Young and Kang Daesung, but since there's a new student among us, I will pair Hee Young and Kwon Jiyong together." She smiled. My right eye started twitching and I snapped the pencil I was holding in half. Mrs. Seunghyun, you are not pleasing my ears with this. "Are you okay with that?" 

 "Ne...of course..." I said without moving my mouth and having a huge fake smile plastered on my face. "I would be honored."

 "Great. So Daesung you will be paired with Ki." She smiled as I slammed my head on the table. "Since she isn't here you'll have to go over to her house over the weekend or some other time." I felt like throwing my sketchbook at the wall...or at Mrs. Seunghyun's face. The one day Ki doesn't come. She gets partnered with the world's most beautiful man. I'm telling her to make a voodoo doll of Mrs. Seunghyun and Jiyong. 

 I have new enemies today. Mrs. Seunghyun and Jiyong. I like Trish more than these two right now and she's the one dating Daesung. Never thought I'd say that. After that Mrs. Seunghyun sits back down at her desk and the class carries on as normal. How can the class just carry on? Has no one seen how Mrs. Seunghyun just ruined my life?! Luck is now my enemy.

Jiyong's POV

"So, what do you do here?" I asked looking around the strange room. The girl, Hee Young, just looks at me like I'm some imbecilic creature. If anything, she was the imbecilic creature. However, I put on a warm facial expression that must humans used, I believe called a smile, and kept it on. She just sighs. 

 "We're supposed to paint portraits of each other. Just the face." She said playing with her broken writing utensil.

 "If you don't mind, I have a question to propose." I said digging through my holder of items. She just raises an eyebrow at me. Such an imbecilic creature indeed. "What does this communicator do?" I asked holding the small device in my hand.

 "That's a calculator." She said in monotone. I do not know what a calculator is, but I'm assuming it's something that these uneducated baboons play with.

 "Oh. I see." I said putting it back away.

 "Um..." She said awkwardly and started twirling some hair around with her index finger. I hope she wasn't trying to look cute, cause it wasn't working. Every time I made eye contact with this human, she would give me a cold expression. I could already tell she wasn't popular among this school of baboons. 

 "How long are we partners?" I asked her slowly, afraid the baboon might not catch on to what I'm saying.

 "A week." She said. A week?! I'm only on Earth for a month! She is taking valuable time out of me research! However, the more I hang out with her, the more research I get. Maybe this school thing won't be so bad...

~~~~~~~~~

So here's the first chapter!!! ^^ Yay~

Sorry it took a while, but I'm also working on my other fic, haha.

So I guess if you like this comment or subscribe. :)