Birthday wish

~Once upon A December~

Next days her father didn't let her go out just as he said before. It was almost three days that she was in her room and today is her birthday.

Her father even took her phone. She was totally sad and disappointed. Her parents couldn't understand how she feels.

Sulli didn't want to cry cause of this; she didn't want to act like a kid. She wanted her father to know that she is not a little girl anymore but it was useless.

 

She was lying on the bed when her mother came into her room. She showed her a birthday cake with 18 candles on it then smiled. "Happy birthday my flower"

Sulli didn't smile, she wasn't excited or happy. This wasn't what she wanted.

Sulli looked at the door maybe she sees her father but he wasn't there.

She looked away.

Her mother went to her and caresses her hair. "Everything will be ok sulli"

"When it will be ok? Tomorrow? Next week? Next year?" sulli said with scorn.

"We just want you to be safe"

"I don't want to be safe like this, this is foolish" sulli yelled. She dropped the cake on the floor.

She didn't want a birthday like this.

Her mother put her hand on her heart. Her only child couldn't understand her parents.

Her mother went to the door "You should think about your behavior, sulli" she left sulli alone in her room.

 

Sulli pushed her head on the pillow and start punching that.

"I WON'T THINK ABOUT ANYTHING" she shouted.

Silence was the only answer to her…

 

She looked at the cake and candles on the floor.

18 candles show ages of her life which passed in fear thanks to her brother. Years which passed while everyone were comparing her with her older brother.

Moments which she lost while thinking about stories.

 

Sulli kneel on the floor and pick a piece of cake with one candle.

Just as krystal said, she can't lose her birthday wish no matter what will happen.

 

She light up the candle and closed her eyes.

"If I only could wish for something, I would like God to swap our places."

She looked at the candle with widened eyes. She didn't even know why she said that all of a sudden, this wasn't what she wanted to wish for!!