When i first met him.

He was a Skater boy [Part 1]

 

You got up well excited because today was the day you got to pick up your custom made board from the shop! You were just as pumped because it was your birthday. You were turning 18 today and was looking forward to spending time with your family for the first time in 8 months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You’ve been away taking part it skate competitions trying to get more and more experience. You were currently #1 in the underground skate competitions and sessions in all of Asia. The funny thing is, when it’s the underground, all competitors had their own outfits and disguises, even skate names, so back up on the surface you could carry on being… well… you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You looked at your alarm clock as it rang, 9 am. Time to get ready you thought to yourself. You turned off the alarm, jumped out of bed and started getting ready. You zoomed around the house, checking your e-mail, eating breakfast, getting ready. Just as you finished up and was about to head out the door your phone rang.

*like this yo, like this, wii araero heundeureo like this, like this yo like this*

“Yeboseyo?”
“Ahh! ____-ya! saeng-il chukka hamnida dear! Where are you?? Your mum is simply bursting she can’t wait to see you! She’ll have a fit soon! And we’re in the middle of the mall, so embarrassing!”
“Haha!! Appa! Kamsahamnida! I will be there shortly don’t worry, tell her I’m excited to see her too!”
“Nehh nehh! Arasso, see you soon”

By this time you were already in the subway since it’s just round the corner from your apartment. Two stops later you were there. And before you knew it you heard a familiar scream.

“____-ya!!!!!!!!”
“Omma!” You yelled too as you ran to her not caring about the shoppers just staring at you both.
“____-ya gwenchanah? Have you been eating well?  I think you lost weight! Omo omo! What is this bruise on your arm! You take this skating way to seriously… This is more of a boys sport! Why do you like it so much anyway...” She went on.

“Yahh Omma, I’m ok, you know skating is my passion, and please don’t say it so loud! You know what it’s like, I don’t want people to know who I really am, it’s a secret, this is the only way I can have peace and quiet and free time with you guys ok!”

Before your mum could reply your dad walked up and greeted you, and guided you and your mum to a coffee shop where he explained your older brother would be waiting. As soon as you entered you saw him.

“Oppa!”
“Heyy! There’s my little daredevil sister how are you??” The boy with short black, spiked up hair rose from his seat to great you with a loving hug.
“I’m good Himchan Oppa, and you? How’s your singing going?”
“Good, it’s a bit slow at the moment but I’ll get by.” He winked at you.

You loved your brother, he always looked after you even when you were younger, it was really hard for you both to let go of each other when you had to become independent for you skateboarding career and he for his singing.

After a couple of hours of catching up with each other and having a very filling birthday lunch, your dad reminded you that you needed to pick up your board.

Your parents led the way as you followed behind as Himchan was carrying you on his back.

“Yahh… have you gained weight?” He faked a limp and turned to wink at you.

“Mwoh?!” You slapped him on the shoulder and he squirmed.

“Look at you two! Haven’t seen each other for 8 months and yet you’re still the same.” Your parents said together. You both just laughed and shrugged it off.

You all got to the shop and Himchan let you down, they went to the back of the huge skate shop and told you to check out anything you want and they’ll buy it for you since it’s your special day. You nodded and went straight to the bench at the back where your good friend and skate advisor works.

“YONGGUK!!! Where are youuuuuuu?” You suddenly heard crashing noises coming from the storage behind and someone came running out.

“____! Saeng-il chukka hamnida!” He came and hugged you and lifted you at the same time. You both laughed.

“Kamsah! So? Whats the damage? How did my baby turn out?? Good? Bad? Ahh..” You ask him with a worried expression on your face.

“Ahhh.. The make over of your board went a lot better than I thought! Of course, only the best…” He leaned closer to whisper in your ear. “for Asia’s champion” His breath tickled your ear.

“Yah!” You slapped him and pushed him away. “You know that tickles!” he just laughed at you as you turned and blushed.

“It’s stored with the others at the side, hold on ____-ya?", he turned around," Zelo!!! New custom made board, ordered 6 months ago, number 312! The customer is here to pick it up!"

“Nehh hyung!!” You heard from the back and just saw a tall figure race past to go find your board, so fast you couldn’t pick out any of his features.

“Zelo?” You inquire.

“Ahh neh, he signed up with us about a week after you asked for your board.. so he’s been here about 5 and a half months now? He’s working his way up for a higher status in this shop but is a very good skater himself! Very tall for his age, aish I swear he won’t stop growing…” Yongguk sighed. He pointed you in the direction of where to get your board, gesturing that your parents paid already. Before you turned to go he said.

“____, see at the comp this weekend yeah? I’m sure ‘Skye’ wouldn’t upset her fans by not showing?” He winked knowing that he was egging you on.

“YONGGUK!!!!” You walked up to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt. “First off, you know you can’t say my skate name in public!” Then you pulled him closer so your foreheads were touching. “Secondly, you know I never disappoint my fans.” You pushed him back so he crashed into the counter, winked and walked away.

You and Yongguk always teased each other like this, it was just normal to you both, you both are good mates, no feelings for each other, just a lot of teasing and harmless, humorous flirting.

He sighed to himself feeling his heart beating hard against this chest. “Ah this girl, this is not healthy for me.” He shook his head and made his way back to the storage room.

 


You made your way to the side of the shop where all the boards were kept, just as you came to the wall where they were all displayed in all their glory you saw a very tall figure leaning against a blank spot next to some of the boards. Tall and slender, good sense of fashion, you saw him tapping his foot and realized he was listening to his ipod, allowing you to analyze him longer. He was fair, straight blonde hair with a thick blue streak through the fringe. His face had very nice bold features except you couldn’t see his chin as he was wearing a thin bandana around his neck. This made you giggle as it emphasized his cuteness. You snuck up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. His eyes jolted open and turned to see you there.

“Ahh..ahh.. mianhae..” He bowed. “I didn’t realize you were standing there.” He walked passed you and reached up to get a big box with your name on it. You just stared at his long limbs as he reached for it with ease. Yongguk was right.. he is tall... you thought to yourself.

“This one yeah?” he asked coolly.

“Nehh.. You took it from him. Gomawo, you bowed and looked up, you saw him flash the brightest smile and your cheeks started to feel hot. Before he could see you turned around quickly and walked away to the back of the shop where your family said they would be. You kept taking quick looks back just watching him as he danced his way around the shop, mouthing lyrics as he went.

*Thump*
 

You almost dropped your box as you turned to see you just banged into your brother. He was holding his stomach.

“Watch where you put that thing ____!”

“Watch where you put yourself!” You said jokingly. “Mianhae Oppa.”

He just laughed and looked behind you. “Ahh… Checking out the new guy are we.” He nodded.

“ANI. I just.. thought.. something fell out my pocket….”

“Yeah yeah… Do I have to go over there and see what he’s like?”

“NO DON’T DO THAT” You spat out.

“So you do like him.” Himchan winked at you.

“He’s cute you pabo.”

You saw a little glint in his eye, you raised your eyebrows at him.

“Who’s cute?”

“Boh??”

“Who’s cute?”

“Didn’t you just hear me? You want me to say it again?"

"Yes please."

" FINE Zelo.. Zelo is cute ok?! The new guy is CUTE you HAPPY?” You glared at him but he simply chuckled and looked behind you. You froze, shoved the box to him for him to carry and turned around to see Zelo standing right behind you.

“Pabo!” You whispered to youself. “Pabo pabo pabo! I’m gonna kill Himchan!!!” You smiled at Zelo not showing your embarrassment.