Eight

Simulacrum

Chapter 8

Repetitive

‘The existence of forgetting has never been proved: we only know that some things do not come to our mind when we want them to’

Woojin grinned to himself, shutting the door to his apartment with a sharp ‘click’. He hurriedly rushed into the back room, spinning the combination on the pad lock before opening the door. He took a deep breath, his smile spreading as he flipped on the light.

All four once white walls were covered in pictures, some overlapping the others and others completely covering those beneath them as Woojin had begun to run out of room. He knew that beneath the top most layers were the photos he had acquired from before Minjae had gone into the psychiatric ward. With each new layer of pictures, Woojin was able to see just how much he was helping his dearest Minjae.

He walked farther into the room, setting his newest purchase onto the wooden surface of the desk. His hyung had defiantly been most helpful, even if he had asked too many questions.

Woojin shook his head, “Hyung can ask what he likes… It will not matter once you and I are back together again…” Woojin looked up, smiling at the photo he had recently gotten from a magazine. He ran his fingers slowly down ‘Minjae’s image before hatred rose like a fire within his eyes. He grabbed the scissors off the desk and plunged them into the image of the brunette right next to Minjae. “We will be together once more…” He continued to glare at the picture, “You can’t hide Minjae from me forever.”

With a flourish, Woojin left the photo filled room, heading into the kitchen where his laptop sat on the dining room table. He booted it up, before logging into the news site he was subscribed to. “Let’s see where all you’ll be tomorrow, Minjae…” He whispered, scrolling through the news feed, looking to see exactly which variety show and radio station had his precious Minjae scheduled to appear in.


Eunhyuk smiled and waved to the fans that had gathered outside of the Sakura radio station where he and Leeteuk were about to host Kiss the Radio. His smile faltered briefly as he made eye contact with a fan and he quickly ducked his head, hurrying along to follow closely behind Leeteuk.

“Hyung…” he whispered, tugging on Leeteuk’s sleeve.

“What is it, Hyuk?”

Eunhyuk glanced back at the crowd, ready to point out the fan to Leeteuk when he drew a blank. The man that had been standing there was nowhere to be seen. He frowned, scanning the crowd again.

“Hyuk… What’s wrong…?” Leeteuk asked, looking back at the crowd through the glass separating the fans from the two idols with a worried expression before looking back at Eunhyuk.

“Uhm… N… nothing, Teukkie…” Eunhyuk said quickly, smiling nervously and half laughing. “Just thought I saw something…”

“Okay… Well, come on, we’re going on air soon.”

Eunhyuk nodded and followed Leeteuk into the sound booth. He wondered briefly if maybe he wasn’t getting enough sleep at night. He was sure he had seen this man several times today, always standing silently among the crowds of young girls that had come to see their Oppas. Maybe he was just one of their fathers and was just there to watch over his daughter. Eunhyuk mentally nodded and gave himself a mental pat on the back. He was so smart for figuring it out.

He then scolded himself for worrying over such a small thing anyways. He had enough on his plate to worry about then one man showing up at his scheduled appearances that day. It wasn’t odd, he often say the same girls multiple times a day too, so why panic over nothing new?

“Yah! Eunhyuk, are you even listening to me?”

Eunhyuk looked up quickly, flashing a gummy smile at Leeteuk, “What? Sorry, Hyung! I didn’t mean to space out.”

Leeteuk pouted a little, “Okay, well… pay attention more, alright?”

Eunhyuk nodded, and as they red light flipped on to let them know they were on air, Eunhyuk forgot about the man that had been following him around all day. He forgot his worries and as the day progressed, Leeteuk forgot to question him about it.

 

But, Woojin never forgot. He stood near the back of the crowd, his eyes locked on the familiar blonde hair. He smiled at looked down at the camera in his hands, flipping through the various photos he had taken for his ever growing collection. “Soon, Minjae. Not yet though.”

 


Sorry that this took so insanly long. I am working hard to get my own computer which will make it so much easier to update. School started back up, so, the computers at the library have been packed like, all the time.

Hope you guys will stick around even though I seem to be terrible at updates and even when I do update, it's crappy, I luffs you all!

-Lynn