Seven

Simulacrum

Chapter 7:

Disturbances

‘To know one has a secret is to know half the secret itself.’

“Oppa!!”

Donghae smiled, nodding to the fans that had surrounded him and the other members at the airport. He stuck close to Eunhyuk, trying to create a path through the fans without being rude and pushing any out of the way.

“Donghae oppa!!”

Donghae turned at the sound of his name, nodding and smiling at a girl to his left, “Annyeong~” he said, smiling to her. He winked playfully as the girl blushed and let out a small line of gibberish as she held out a notebook and a pen to Donghae. Donghae took the pen, writing out a small note and signing his name. “Here you go~” he said.

Eunhyuk looked at Donghae, whispering softly, “Was the wink necessary?” He whispered.

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk, “Oh? Are you jealous?”

“Yes.”

The simple answer was enough to make Donghae burst into laughter. He badly wanted to kiss the pout away from Eunhyuk’s lips, but he reminded himself that they were in public and still hadn’t quite come out in the relationship even to the other members, so he settled for reaching down and giving Eunhyuk’s hand a squeeze. It was a normal thing between the ‘best friends’, so normal that nobody really questioned it. They walked together to catch up with the rest of the group as the fans around them continued to snap pictures and talk in excited whispers among themselves.

The fans pressed in close as their oppas began to get closer to their destination, wanting some sort of attention from them before their experience with meeting Super Junior was over. That was when it happened.

Donghae felt the hand wrap around his upper arm, the grip tight enough to make him gasp out in pain. He stumbled backwards, his hand falling from Eunhyuk’s grasp as he turned quickly to try to see the fan that had actually crossed the line. He gulped, his eyes widening as he came face to face with the complete stranger. The man’s dark hair was short, but long enough to spill messily across his forehead. His eyes were narrowed in dislike as his grip tightened on Donghae’s arm. “If I were you... I’d watch yourself around my Minjae.” He all but growled, letting go of Donghae’s arm and disappearing within the crowd.

“Hae... What’s wrong?” Eunhyuk turned to look at Donghae after he noticed the absences of the others hand, his expression that of confusion. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

Donghae shook his head, “It’s nothing, Hyukkie... C’mon, let’s catch up with the others.” Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk’s hand, dragging him along quickly to catch up with the other members. He ignored Eunhyuk’s skeptical look, choosing to act like there was nothing wrong. ‘It’s not an act. Nothing is wrong. It was just a deranged fan. We’ve dealt with them before.’ He told himself, shaking off the thoughts of the man and pushing them to the farthest corner of his mind. It was true, they had dealt with that type of fans before, it was nothing new.

“It took you two long enough.” Kyuhyun muttered without looking up from his PSP.

“Yah! Ungrateful dongsaeng!” Eunhyuk muttered, pushing at the maknae’s arm lightly. He took Donghae’s hand gently, smiling a little at him before walking with him to the terminal to board the plane.


Woojin narrowed his eyes in dislike as he watched the boys continue their way onward. Who did that... that boy think he was, holding onto his Minjae’s hand like that. Woojin turned away from the crowds of girls, the pure hatred radiating out of his features as he thought about how each and every one of them had kept him from approaching Minjae. He pulled his hood up as he disappeared into the crowds of people. It didn’t matter. He’d get to help his Minjae soon enough.

Woojin walked out of the airport, hailing a taxi and giving the directions to his destination to the driver. He allowed his vision to blur together as he stared blankly out the window, his thoughts swirling around in his head.

Minjae just didn’t understand. Everything that Woojin had done was to help, he did it all out of love.

Love.

Woojin smiled a bit to himself. Yes, love. That was it. Minjae was like a little brother to him. A little brother that Woojin loved dearly, he couldn’t stand to see anything happen to his dearest dongsaeng. That was why he had to get help. Minjae wouldn’t survive without Woojin right there at his side.

“We’re here...”

Woojin broke free of his thoughts and paid the driver, “Thank you.” He said, getting out and heading into the rundown looking building. A man sat behind the dusty counter, flipping aimlessly threw a magazine that had long sense been out of date. “Hyung...”

The man looked up, “Oh? Woojin-ah. What’s wrong?” The man set down his magazine and sat up, looking at Woojin.

Woojin smiled softly, “I need your help, hyung.”


Sorry that it is so short you guys. I was typing it up and I realized just how bad the weather was getting and I wanted to get it up before we lost power/flooded/etc. I should explain real quick, I live in South Mississippi Land Mass, and we are on the east side of Hurricane Isaac (not that I am really that worried, I have never left my home during any hurricane, not even Katrina. But... I wanted to post up a chapter for you guys!

Also, if any of you guys don't live down here, or didn't hear, Mississippi is now renamed "LandMass" according the the Weather Channel. Seriously. They said "Isaac is expected to hit the landmass between New Orleans and Mobile"... SERIOUSLY?! Then later, they said "The weather will be getting bad for those along the Louisianna/Alabama border". Did these guys not have geography class when they were in school. Someone needs to please tell them that Louisianna and Alabama doesn't share a boarder! That land mass is MISSISSIPPI!! (Or maybe Mythissippi, cause apparently, nobody can see this state).

Sorry for the rant. I'm extreamly upset with the weather channel, can you tell?

I'll update soon again, I promise!

Stalk me on twitter? www.twitter.com/lynncuddles I'll reply to every tweet I get~ Please keep me sane as the weather gets bad!

-Lynn