Three

Simulacrum

Chapter 3:

A New Development

“A friend is someone who knows us completely, and loves us anyways.”

Eunhyuk sat in his usual chair in the recording booth for 'Kiss the Radio'. Leeteuk sat next to him, scrolling through the windows pulled up on the monitor between them as they waited for the song to finish playing. A small buzzing in his pocket pulled him from his day dream. With a smile on his face, Eunhyuk quickly read over the text message before replying.

                From: Fishy

                Received: 10:46 AM

                                Rawr~!

                To: Fishy

                Sent: 10:48 AM

                                Oh no! It is Haezilla! Everybody run for your life!

It didn't take long before Eunhyuk's pocket was vibrating once more with Donghae's reply. He stole a glance at Leeteuk who was still absorbed in the displays on the monitor before fishing out his phone once more.

                From: Fishy

                Received: 10:52 AM

                                Kekeke! How is the broadcast going?

                To: Fishy

                Sent: 10:59 AM

                                Omo! I can't wait to come home XP I'm so hungry!

                From: Fishy

                Received: 11:02 AM

                                Aww! Poor little monkey~ You shouldn't have skipped breakfast.

                To: Fishy

                Sent: 11: 09 AM

                                Well, I wouldn't have if I didn't over sleep due to someone hogging the blanket last night!

                From: Fishy

                Received: 11:11 AM

                                OMO!! 11:11, Make a wish Hyukkie!!

                To: Fishy

                Sent: 11:23 AM

                                I missed it!

                From Fishy

                Received: 11:25 AM

                                Just like breakfast!

Eunhyuk pouted at the last text message. It was true, he did skip breakfast (although, it wasn't Donghae's fault at all. He had been just too comfortable to get out of bed that morning in all honesty), but he was still extremely hungry. With luck, he and Leeteuk would be able to wrap everything up soon, and he could go get lunch, but in the meantime, he had to sit through the recording and pray that his stomach didn't make too many odd noises and that none of them were picked up by the microphone.

He was so wrapped up in reading threw the documents on the monitor that he didn't notice the door to the sound room opening. Nor did he notice as someone snuck up quietly behind him, setting a small package in the empty space on the table next to where Eunhyuk's arm was.

What he did notice, however, was the hand that suddenly clamped over his eyes and the quiet voice almost directly in his ear whispering in a sing-song voice, "Guess who~!"

Eunhyuk blinked against the hand that was pressed over his eyes, his smile brightening and showing off his gums as the remains of shock wore off quickly, "Hae! What are you doing here?"

Donghae removed his hands from Eunhyuk's eyes and took a seat next to his best friend, "Bringing you lunch, silly. You skipped breakfast and you've been working hard all morning... So I had Ryeowook help me make you and hyung some lunch!" He pulled out a container for Leeteuk and offered it to the leader, who immediately took it with a grin and a thanks and began to dig in. It seemed that Eunhyuk wasn't the only one who had skipped breakfast that morning.

Eunhyuk couldn't but giggle a little bit as Donghae opened up the second container and picked up the chopsticks. He got a nice sized bite before holding it out to Eunhyuk with a small "Ahh~". Eunhyuk leaned forward and obediently took the offered bite, smiling as he chewed. He looked at Donghae with a bright grin, “It’s good, Hae~!”

Donghae smiled likewise, scooping up another bite to feed to Eunhyuk. This continued on untill Donghae had managed to feed Eunhyuk all of the lunch he had packed for him. Eunhyuk smiled gratefully at his best friend. “Thanks, Hae, I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to make it the rest of the show!”

“No problem, Hyukkie!! See you back at the dorm~!” He smiled to Leeteuk as he took the leaders empty container also.

“Thanks, Donghae-ah~!” Leeteuk said with a wide smile as Donghae nodded. Donghae leaned over, giving Eunhyuk a quick hug, “See ya, Hyuk!” he said, litterally skipping out of the room.

Eunhyuk nodded and smiled, waving to Donghae as the other left. The feeling that had swollen in his heart had almost gone by completely unnoticed until Donghae had hugged him. It was a feeling that confused Eunhyuk. He felt… happy that Donghae had come to visit him during their lunchtime at Kiss the Radio, but at the same time… a sort of nervousness bubbled in his belly. He shook his head, ridding them of the thoughts, Donghae was his best friend. Nothing more. It was normal for him to feel an abnormal sense of happiness when they were able to spend time together.

“You okay, Eunhyuk?”

Eunhyuk looked over to Leeteuk, smiling a gummy smile and nodding, “Yeah, it’s nothing to worry about, Hyung. I’m just thinking.”

Leeteuk nodded in response and went back to his work, keeping an eye on Eunhyuk in the side of his vision nonetheless.


And so the plot begins to thicken... sort of. I hope you enjoy this update, still in the lighter chapters, but it is moving along nicely! EunHae development in the next few chapters, and then, we get to see some Woojin action. I hope you guys are excited! I love you guys! -Lynn