Dinner

Taste of love

‘So Yonghwa-shi, what will we have for dinner’ Seohyun asked excitedly. She is so hungry and knowing that Yonghwa is a good cook from Tiffany, excites her more. She had washed her face and now she felt completely fresh. Yonghwa had changed his cloth into something more comfortable. Sweat pants and a white shirt. The shirt that he’s wearing is a little tight; somehow it shows Yonghwa well-built body. ‘Never thought that he has a body to be admired’ she said to herself, looking at his body. He doesn’t has muscles like Kim Joong Kook, his is just right, Seohyun thought. ‘No..no.. This is not right’ she shook her head, hoping that that will throw away her dirty thought. ‘He’s a married man, a married man and you like Kyuhyun. Remember that Seohyun.’

‘What’s wrong?’ Yonghwa suddenly asked her. Seohyun was completely shocked with the sudden question. ‘Nothing… there’s nothing wrong’ she was stuttered when she answered him. ‘Oh, okay then. By the way; just call me Yonghwa’ he said. ‘And tonight we’re going to have spaghetti, my specialty’ he said proudly. ‘Here, put this on’ He said passing an apron to Seohyun. She took the apron and tied it around her waist. ‘We don’t want to see painting on your shirt tonight right?’ 

‘Yeah, not on my shirt at least. So chef, what can I do to help you?’ Seohyun asked, holding a knife that she took from the kitchen drawer. ‘Ready for an action huh’ Yonghwa said when he looked at Seohyun. ‘Here, please cut all these’ Yonghwa shoved few vegetables to Seohyun. ‘Ai ai captain’ Seohyun replied excitedly. She went to the sink to wash the vegetables before she cut it. Seo Joohyun is not great in cooking, but she can prepare simple dishes especially Korean cuisine and she’s willing to learn whenever she got a chance. Therefore whenever people asked for her help in the kitchen, she will gladly accept it. ‘So how should I cut all these; in dice?’ Yonghwa is cleaning the prawns when Seohyun asked him. ‘Yes please.’ Yonghwa answered short as he took out the cooker from the cabinet to boil the water for spaghetti. Both of them help each other and cooked the meal with passion. Within an hour, they manage to come out with a bowl of Carbonara spaghetti.

 

Seohyun was arranging the table for dinner when Yonghwa suggesting for the drink.

‘Let me take the champagne.’ Yonghwa stated. ‘Do you mind?’ Yonghwa was cautious when he suggested for the drink; Seohyun has to work tomorrow. He doesn’t want to be a reason if she’s late to work on the next day.

‘Little champagne won’t hurt me right?’ she asked wittily. Seohyun was craving for something strong, other than mineral water or juice. Thus when Yonghwa suggested champagne, she couldn’t hold her desire to have some. She knew that she has to work tomorrow, but she needs to reward herself after taking care of a baby that day. Furthermore, it is not like she’s going to get herself drunk, especially not in her neighbour house, a married man; if she needs to explain more.

‘Right-o, be right back’ Yonghwa said. He was surprised with Seohyun’s answer. He bet that she will decline his offer. After all, they are not in the good term before this. ‘Whatever. Maybe this will be a good chance for me to get to know her, as a neighbour. Of course as a neighbour Yonghwa.’

………………………….

He is back from the kitchen, with a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice and two glasses.

‘Do you always eat dinner with champagne? It looks like you’re already prepared with all the stuff needed’ Seohyun asked curiously when she saw Yonghwa with the champagne. She feels like she’s having a candlelight dinner, without the candle at an exclusive Italian restaurant.

‘Well, I’m always prepared. No one knows who will knock their front door and later sitting for a dinner together’ Yonghwa answered, bringing down the glasses and placed it at his side and Seohyun’s. ‘That sounds like a player, totally. Don’t ever think that I’d be cheated by your trick.’

‘I bet you’re in a good mood tonight’ Yonghwa said while pouring the champagne into Seohyun’s glass.

“Why would you say that?’ ‘I was in a good mood until you revealed your true self, player!’

‘Because the last time we met, you bombard me with so many questions.’ Yonghwa already took his seat and put the spaghetti into Seohyun’s plate and then his.

‘… and that doesn’t mean that I won’t do the same thing again.’ She answered. Taeyon and Tiffany said that the guy in front of her is a nice man; but she is sure a he is real player even though he already has a daughter and a wife.  ‘C’mon let’s toast’ Seohyun suggested; already holding up her glass.

‘For what?’ he was overwhelmed with the sudden request.

‘… for more questions to come’ she said and flicked her glass with Yonghwa.

‘Ok…’ he was uncertain with what she said. ‘Whatever’; ‘for more question to come’ Yonghwa said, giving his best smile to Seohyun. He never thought that the woman who be sickened him before is the same person that he’s having a dinner with; and to his surprised, he didn’t mind it at all. However little that he knows, he still have a long way to go to get her trust; the woman in front of him still haven’t has a good impression on him.

They were eating the dinner deliciously and since they are facing each other, both Yonghwa and Seohyun tried to ditch the awkwardness between them, because the truth is both are being cautious with each other existence. Yonghwa tried very hard to focus on Seohyun face solely because it’s difficult for him to forget her glorious body especially when they were preparing for the dinner. He had enough eye from Seohyun and he needs to fill up his stomach, his desire can come later. As for Seohyun, she tried to look down on her food, but she can still see the sight of his hand, manly hand. But despite that, she still couldn’t forget that she needs to be careful with the ‘playboy’. A new term that she gets for Yonghwa; he can get rid of that until he proves that he isn’t. They started their QnA session while eating and both of them tried not to touch on personal question.  Seohyun who is curious about Yonghwa’s wife tried her best to avoid question even though she’s wanted to know about it so badly.

Speaking of his wife, she just realized that the woman that had declared she is Yonghwa’s wife isn’t there. Seohyun doesn’t see any of her pictures, as well as the wedding pictures. She only sees her picture in one family picture. Curiosity is killing her. 

‘This feels like a date’ Yonghwa blurted out suddenly. Seohyun was taken aback with the statement; because the truth is, she is feeling the same thing. Dinner for two with champagne, nobody in their right mind will think it is not. ‘You’re right, this dinner does feel like a date; except that there’s baby sleeping in the room.’ Seohyun answered consciously.

 ‘Haha, one point for you.’ Yonghwa answered, he had finished his spaghetti and now enjoying his drink. He offered Seohyun for the second when he saw her glass is almost empty.

‘Would you like more champagne?’

‘No thanks; I have class tomorrow’ she replied. ‘So are you are not  working tomorrow?’ she asked when she saw Yonghwa is already having his third round. There are only two meaning for this; it’s either he doesn’t work tomorrow, or he can hold his liquor.

‘Yes. I took my day off.’

‘No wonder you drink so much.’

‘I think so too. It’s been a while I’m having dinner like this at home. I enjoy it very much.’

‘So you don’t usually drink a lot?’

‘I have a baby to care’ he answered while sipping his champagne.

‘Look Yonghwa, I want to apologize for treating you badly last time’ Seohyun blurted out suddenly.

Yonghwa didn’t give any respond to Seohyun, he just looking at her intently. Seohyun starts to feel uncomfortable, she’s afraid bringing up the topic will kill Yonghwa’s mood. ‘I…I…’ She keeps thinking of a right word to say when she saw Yonghwa burst out laughing.

‘Hahaha… no need to worry Seohyun. Apologize accepted.’

Now it’s Seohyun turn looking at Yonghwa. She never thought that Yonghwa could pull a prank on her, even though she didn’t appreciate the prank, when she’s being serious; but she decided to let it go since Yonghwa forgives her.

‘...but Seohyun, there’s one thing that made me curious’ Yonghwa stated when he had calm down. ‘how do you know my wife and when did you meet her?’ he asked.

‘That’s two; you sure are bad in arithmetic.’

‘Okay… there are two things that made me curious, how do you know my wife and when did you met her? Yonghwa rephrase his questions.

‘The first day you move in. She said she’s your wife.’

‘Really? Do you remember her face?’

‘You’re kidding me right?’ Seohyun was puzzled with Yonghwa request. How can he ask her about his wife, it’s like he did not know the woman of his life.

‘That girl’ Seohyun said while pointing to a photo frame of his family.

‘Juniel. That’s my sister Juniel. She tricked you.’ Yonghwa explained.

Seohyun was shocked of the revelation. ‘All your family members love to trick people huh?’ Seohyun asked not amused with it. Yonghwa didn’t know how to respond.

‘She just loves to make a joke or maybe she doesn’t want any girl to seduce her brother’ Yonghwa answered tried to make the atmosphere back to normal.

‘Seduce her bother? What makes she thinks that, when her brother is already married. She should be worried if her brother seduces other girls, don’t you think so?’ Seohyun didn’t wait for his answer, she quickly standing up and start to clean up the table. She knows that Yonghwa has a point to refute her statement, but that man just answered it with a smile. After they had clean up the table and do the dishes, she excuses herself as it is already late.

‘... Yonghwa..., I want to say thank you for the delicious dinner, and I want to apologize if my questions or what I said hurt your feeling.’

‘That’s okay Seohyun. I had a great company to night, and I couldn’t be more grateful for that, and thank you for taking care of my little baby.’

‘No, that’s okay. Maybe we start from the wrong foot. Let us start again.’

‘Hi, I’m Seo Joohyun your neighbour’ Seohyun introduced herself while extended her hand.

Hi, I’m Jung Yonghwa’ Yonghwa said while receiving Seohyun’s hand with a smile.

 

Author's note:

I want to say sorry to all my readers and subscribers for along wait. I am really sorry. I am so busy with my work and I dont have time to write. There's one point that feel like I should just delete the story, but all the messages from you guys asking me to update the story encourage me to continue writing. So I keep writing though it takes this ___________________________________ long to update. And as a reader myself, I know the feeling when the writer stop writing his or her story. I am sorry once again, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Bye (^____^)v