Please baby-sit my daughter

Taste of love

 

It’s Sunday, the best day for most working people to relax and pamper themselves after a long week. Kim Taeyon is lying lazily on her leather couch eating her second round of Baskin Robin. She is watching ‘Love Rain’ the drama that she loves most, and the reason she loves it so much is because she thinks that the hero looks exactly like Geunsuk. She had mentioned this to Tiffany, but that girl kept denying it, she said the hero looks like a girl and her fiancée is far better than the actor.  Taeyon is stuffing with more ice-cream when her phone rang.

‘ellooo’ is full with ice cream

‘Hello… Taeyon?’

‘ello…’

‘Hello; Taeyon, it’s Yonghwa.’

‘Arghh…brain freeze, brain breeze’

‘Kim Taeyon, what’s wrong?’ Yonghwa worriedly asked.

‘Hi Yonghwa, sorry, I was eating an ice-cream just now. Your call startled me’ Taeyon explained after she swallowed the ice-cream.  ‘Don’t worry, I’m fine now. The ice-cream is safely landed in my stomach.’

‘haha, lucky you are doing fine cause I need your help’ Yonghwa tell her. He sounds relived.

‘Hold a second, you feel relieve because I’m saved from brain freeze?’

‘Why are you asking me this question all of sudden?’

‘Just answer!’ Taeyon exclaimed.

‘Yes. I’m relieved you didn’t get the brain freeze and ...’

‘… so I can help you?’ she cut him before he can continue his sentence.

‘Yes. No. Oh damn,’ Yonghwa cursed. He knows where is this getting. Taeyon is a dorky person, and that is what everyone knows best about her, and he’s included. She loves to make things complicated and made people feel guilty with just her word, and he’s sure that Taeyon is trying to play with her card.

‘I’m relive because I care and I’ve told you; I need your help. It’s not “I’m relieve, I can ask for your help now” are you happy?’

Instead of answering it, she asked him back, ‘So how can I help you?’

‘Kim Taeyon, you’re driving me crazy. I don’t know how Minhyuk can last long with you.’

‘It would be embarrassing if I answered your question, ask him; you’ll be thrilled. Anyway, I’m still waiting for your answer, how can I help you?’

‘Right I almost forgot the reason I called you…’

‘5 more seconds… 5…4…’

‘Would you mind baby-sit Soo-yeon this morning? I need to go to the restaurant; something happened’ he reasoned in a rush. ‘I’ve called all the people that used to baby-sit  Soo-yeon, but it seems like all of them cannot make it today’ he sounded like he’s desperately in need. Taeyon feel pity for her friend but she has a date with Minhyuk that she’s been waiting for weeks, and for making fun of him earlier. She decided to tell Yonghwa to get a help from Seohyun because she knows, Seohyun is not a person who will refuse someone request whenever they are in need. Furthermore she loves children and she’s Yonghwa neighbour. She is the perfect candidate even though she’s not a good term with him. Taeyon believes that this will be the opportunity to let the two; to get to know each other better.

‘I’m so sorry Yonhwa, I couldn’t help you, I’m so sorry’

‘ouh, …’ he sounded so disappointed. ‘Even after you made fun of me just now’ he teased.

‘I’m sorry Yonghwa. I’ve a date with Minhyuk later’ she reasoned.

‘You refused my request over your date?’

‘I know that’s really silly reason. But I’m his girlfriend and you are just my friend; in fact I’ve been waiting for this date for weeks. Minhyuk was so busy for the past few weeks’ Taeyon said. ‘but don’t worry my friend, I know someone who can help you.’

‘really?’

‘Yeah, why don’t you ask Seohyun to help you’

‘Seohyun?’ Yonghwa tried to remember the name. ‘Ah, your friend that we met at Geunsuk’s engagement party.’

‘Righto, that’s the one’

‘but it seems like she doesn’t like me, more like hate I guess’

‘yeah, she did sound like that, but don’t worry; in reality she is a very nice person; she will help you. I dare to bet you on that.’

‘You think so?’

‘I think yes. Just knock her door. Kiss her, and she’ll say yes?’

‘Kiss her?’

‘Just kidding. Just tell her that you need her help.’

‘Are sure of this?’

‘Don’t worry my friend’

‘Ok I will, I’ll try. Thanks for the help. By the way, is she an easy girl? I mean she’ll be okay if any guys kiss her?’

‘Do you plan to kiss her?’

‘No, I’m just… curious’

‘Kiss her without her conscience will be a reason for you to be in the hospital.’ Yonghwa can hear Taeyon giggle at the end of the phone.  After he ended his phone call, he rushed to knock Seohyun’s door. When he was about to be out of his apartment, he remembered Soo-yeon who is playing in her crib. He quickly gets his daughter, and all her stuff hoping that the little girl would soften Seohyun’s heart.

First knock. No answer. Second knock, still no respond from the other side. He’s about to give up, but giving the last knock won’t hurt right? On the last knock, he heard a voice. The door open, and there stand before him a girl who had just finished her shower. She’s wearing a cream coloured boy short, revealing her white and slender leg. Her body is wrapped up with baby-blue baby shirt showing her curve and belly button. The shirt is so small that he thinks it might belong to Soo-yeon if his baby reaches her 5th birthday 4 years later. Her hair is folded over a cream coloured towel and her face shows freshness.

‘oh, Yonghwa-shi’ said Seohyun. She’s still not ready to meet Yonghwa after what she did during Tiffany’s party 2 weeks ago; but looking at him holding a baby made her curious. Yonghwa on the other hand was startled with the figure in front of him.

‘Yonghwa-shi’ Seohyun waved her hands in front of him. Then Yonghwa realized what he just did. He keeps cursing Taeyon in his mind for suggesting a kiss for her friend. Had she forgotten that he had not able to fulfil his desire for quite a long time since Soo-yeon come to his life. He’s not blaming his daughter but damn Kim Taeyon; he can’t stop looking at the woman in front of him without having a wild imagination with her while holding his little girl now.

‘Ah, Seohyun-shi, I’m sorry’

‘Can I help you?’ she asked in concern.

‘Don’t get hard right here Jung Yonghwa.’ He keeps reminded himself. ‘Yes. I’m sorry for spacing out just now. By the way, would you mind baby-sit my daughter for a few hours because something happen at my work place and I need to be there.’

‘Oh sure.’ Seohyun answered short. The guy in front of her looks desperately in need, and for him to ask for a favour and reasoned in one breath shows that that he really need help. After all, she’s hoping that this favour will be a merit when she’s asking for apologize later. Yonghwa was shocked with the answer. He didn’t expect that Seohyun will say yes after the first try. He thanked Seohyun and passed Soo-yeon to her and to his amuse, his daughter doesn’t mind it at all. Usually she’ll be giving a hard time for the people that she met for a first time, but not for Seohyun. He is relieved for that, because that means he can rush to his restaurant faster, and no need to calm his baby girl.

‘I have nothing to do right now. A cute company sure will bright my day’ she smiled while patting Soo-yeon back lightly. ‘Good to hear that, because I hope she won’t give you a hard time later.’

‘I hope so. What’s her name?’ she asked while holding the little girl to face him.

‘Soo-yeon. Jung Soo-yeon. By the way, these are all her stuff. Milk, food, diapers, clean clothes, toiletries, favourite toys, it’s all in here. I’ve write the manual of everything. How to make her milk, what she can and cannot have; everything that you might need to know’ he explained. ‘That’s my number down there, call me if you need anything’ he said, pointed to his phone number on the paper. ‘And that’s my house number; just get anything that you need if it’s not enough, or you can stay at my house because that will be easier for you to take care of this little fellow.’ Yonghwa said caress his daughter cheek. Seohyun just nodded for all the details that Yonghwa had mentioned. ‘Sweetheart, be a good girl okay? Don’t give a hard time to unnie. Appa will be back as soon as possible.’ Yonghwa kissed Soo-yeon on both cheek and gave his last smile to Seohyun before he left. He heard Seohyun said ‘bye to appa, bye bye’ while holding his daughter’s hand to wave at him. He was happy for the situation because in reality, that’s the first time someone sends him to work holding his baby; and this looks like the happy family that he’s been imagined all along. 

 

Author note:

Sorry for the late post again. I really don't want to make this like an excuse but I'm very busy for the past 2 weeks. Thank you for the new subscriber and your comment is very much appreciated. 

have a nice day and can't wait for SNSD 'All my love is for you.' Who's with me?