The beginning.

180 Degrees : [ KrisBer Fanfic ]

"Amber, say hi to Yifan." Mrs. Liu lightly pushed the six years old Amber who's wearing a pink dress with a white ribbon tied on her short, mushroom hair. "He's going to be your new friend."

Upon hearing the word 'friend', Amber couldn't help it but smiled widely, putting her hand out. "Nice to meet you! My name is Amber Josephine Liu! Let's be good friends!" she grinned, waiting for the boy to hold and shake her hand.

Little six years old Kris blinked in confusion as he stared at her hand. Bitting his bottom lip, felt like crying, he looked at his mom. She looked back and smiled. "It's okay. Shake her hand." she whispered.

Nodding, Kris put his hand out as well and shyly took Amber's hand then shook it. "N-Nice to meet you too. My name is.."

"Yifan!" Amber continued his sentence and nodded. "See! I remembered your name!" she gave him a little cute, kiddy wink. "You-" she pointed at Kris with her index finger then pointed back at her. "Me are now good good friends! Let's go out and play!"

After she finished her sentence, she grabbed Kris's tiny wrist and pulled him to the nearest park.

"Your little girl is cute." Mrs. Wu giggled and watched Amber dragging her shy son to the park.

"Your boy is cute too. Is he always this shy?" Mrs. Liu giggled along and leaned against the door frame.

"Yeah. He doesn't really have much friends, thanks to his shyness." she stated.

"Good thing my daughter is friendly but having a friendly kid is not good. One time, she brought an old man back just because he became her best friend." the mother laughed as the funny memory of her daughter came into her mind. "Oh and please do come in. Let's have some teas." she made way for the other woman to come in.

"Where's your son?"

----------

While the mothers busy chatting in the house, the kids arrived at the park. Amber pulled Kris but more like dragging him to the swings. She pushed him and made him sit on one of them then went to sit beside him. She started to swing herself while humming to some random Chinese songs.

Meanwhile, the shy and awkward boy just looked at her. Feeling the stares, Amber turned around and looked back at him. "Yes?" she asked, blinking. The boy gasped and shook his head. "N-Nothing!" he said and started to swing himself as well. Chuckling, Amber went back to swinging herself.

"You know what? You're so weird." Amber let out a soft laugh.

*I knew it. She doesn't want to be my friend.* little Kris started to slowly frown.

"Weird in a good way! You know what-" she stopped swinging herself and jumped off from the swing, walked and stood in front of Kris. "I like you now! You're so into my best best best friend list!" she grinned.

Kris's eyes widened. "R-really?" Amber nodded and a wide smile was formed on his face. "You're- You're in my best friend list too!" he said excitedly. *This is the first time. Really. I thought everyone-every-*

Tears of joy started to form inside his eyes. Seconds after, the overloaded tears rolled out from his eyes. Amber saw them and started to get panic. "Wh-why are you crying? Are you okay? Do, do you need tissue? Wait. I have no tissue! Do you- Help!" she shouted loudly, running around with both of her hands held up.

Kris looked at Amber's actions. Although his sight was blurry because of the tears, he found them funny and started to laugh. She heard a sudden laughter and stopped. She turned around and found Kris laughing hardly. By looking at him, her heart started to beat in a very fast speed.

*What is this?* Amber put one of her hands on her chest and another one on her cheek. *My cheek is burning! Am I going to have a fever now?*

----------

Day by day passed by. Kris and Amber got closer and closer each days. Amber taught him how to play basketball, how to play badminton, just every sports that she learned from her father.

"Your daughter is the first friend my son made, you know." said Mrs. Wu and took a sip of her ice coffee. "I hope he won't be sad."

Feeling curious after Mrs. Liu heard the last sentence that came out from her friend's mouth, she turned around. "Why did you say that?"

Mrs. Wu sighed and looked down. "My husband got a new job at Canada. We have to move there." she explained.

"I see." Mrs. Liu let out a sigh too and looked at the kids playing basketball happily. "Well, we can't do anything about it, huh? Just bring him there without telling Amber, okay? Ever since he came into her life, she keeps on saying that she's sick, her heart is beating really fast and she even said that her cheeks keep on burning that she need to see a doctor." the mother laughed and drank her ice coffee in one go.

"Wait. Don't tell me that she-"

Knowing what her friend going to say, Mrs. Liu turned and winked at her. "You got it right. My daughter is in love with your son. Well, it's a kid's crush thing. I think she'll get over it anyway."

----------

Feeling tired, Amber stopped and passed the ball to Kris. She sat on the ground and caught her breath. Kris caught the ball and hugged it. He walked towards Amber and sat down beside her.

"You're really amazing in sports." Kris complimented.

"Nah. My dad is better." Amber nodded and turned her head to say something to Kris but then his sweaty face greeted her and it was just a few centimeters away from hers. Her eyes widened in surprise and quickly looked away.

The boy blinked in confusion.

*My heart is going crazy again! My cheeks are burning again! Ugh!* Amber closed her eyes tightly and shook her head, trying to control this mad feeling inside her.

"A-are you okay?"

Amber stopped and opened her eyes, she turned back at Kris and nodded twice. "Yes, yes. I'm fine!"

"Ah, I thought you-"

"Now, now, kids. It's time to go home."

Kris was disturbed by the moms. Nodding, the kids got up and faced each others.

"I guess, I'll see you tomorrow again, Mister Yifan?" Amber put her hand up. Kris got it and gave her a hi-five, nodding. "Awesome! See you tomorrow then! Don't ever leave me! You're going to be with me forever, right?"

Once the mothers heard the little girl's promise to the little boy she likes, their face dropped, their smile slowly fading away. They looked at each others and Mrs. Liu shook her head. Mrs. Wu got it and nodded.

"Bubbye!" Amber waved her hand, walking away with her other hand holding onto her mom's hand.

"Bubbye, Amber!" Kris shouted loudly and grinned, waving back.

"So, you like her?" his mom asked and without any hesitation, the boy nodded, many times.

"Very like her! I will never leave her! Never!" said Kris, acting like Amber is his girlfriend.

Feeling guilty, Mrs. Wu swallowed her saliva down. "Ah, but what if you have to go a place very far away from her?" she asked, holding his son's hand, swinging it lightly and started to walk home.

"Well, i'll come back one day then!"

After hearing her son's answer, she somehow, felt relieve. *Alright. I'll let you come back here again once you reached seventeen years old then.*

----------

It had been 2 weeks since Amber last saw Kris. She kept on asking her mom where is he and his family, why didn't he come to her house and many more why to everything about Kris.

Mrs. Liu couldn't hold it anymore and walked towards the living room, where her daughter is at. She sat down beside her and curled her hair behind her ear. "Listen, actually Kris and his family, they already moved to Canada."

"Canada?" Amber turned and looked at her mom with those innocent eyes of hers. "Where is it? Can you take me there?"

Shaking her head, Mrs. Liu said no. Amber started to feel sad and down, it's like her world had been crashed down by those monsters that appears on nightmares. Hot liquids started to roll out from her eyes.

"No. Mommy lied. Amber know mommy can take me there. Mommy just don't want Amber to have real friends, right? Mommy meanie!" she shouted and ran up to her room.

She opened the door and entered her room. She slammed the door close and jumped onto her bed.

*No. It can't be. He promised me he'll always be there for me. He said he's going to be with me forever.*

Tears cannot stop coming out from her eyes. She hugged her pillow tightly, hoping that it was a dream. But what the heck. Although she's just a little girl, she still know this is a reality.

*This happened to me twice. I'm not going to be friendly anymore. I won't ever, ever want to make friends, ever again. I'm going to live in my own world where there's only me and me and no one else. I swear.*

Amber wiped her tears harshly and got up from her bed. She walked towards the mirror and looked into it. She smiled at her reflection and it slowly faded away, cold and straight face was seen instead of her usual friendly face.

*No more friendly Amber. No more.*

----------

Author's note: First chapter! Weeeeeee! Hope you enjoy it and please do leave a comment below! :D