Pessimism

A mystical tale

“Oh my, are you ing serious?!” Yoochun screamed out loud during class. Yunho was trying to tell him the whole story about last night but it wasn’t going so well. Yoochun had to make it so obvious, obvious to the point that it drew attention to everyone in the room. Even Yunho’s ex-girlfriend.

“Serious, why would I be lying?” Yunho scoffed. He knew what he felt yesterday wasn’t a lie, he wasn’t dreaming either. Jaejoong was real.

“Because there are no such things as human-fishes. Especially ones that look like angels, did someone throw a rock at you yesterday? Wait they couldn’t have...I walked you home and didn’t see a bruise on your face” Yunho just stared at Yoochun while he watched Yoochun talk to himself.

“Well I don’t really care if you believe me or not, but I would be visiting that forest a lot from now” Yunho said, feeling happy about this whole thing. Something about Jaejoong made him believe he needed protection, and Yunho was more than happy to give him that.

“I won’t believe unless I see that person with my very own eyes” Yoochun said as a matter of fact.

“Well he doesn’t like showing himself in front of humans so I don’t know about that...”

“This is why I believe he’s fake, if he was that beautiful he should flaunt it and show the whole world. I’m also surprised by the fact that you’ve fallen for a guy…no matter how beautiful he is”

“Why would he want to flaunt it? He’s humble and he doesn’t like going around showing off how beautiful he is. He likes to trap himself by that pond. I’m not only attracted to him because he’s beautiful, but also because he’s really cute. I like his personality and I just want to protect him from everything…he cured my leg. I want to repay him back” Yunho said sincerely. He just felt like it was his duty to be there for him, if not to protect Jaejoong then to talk to him. Make him not feel as lonely.

“You sound like you’re in love” Yoochun laughed. Hearing Yoochun say that, Yunho couldn’t help but smile to himself. He wasn’t in love with Jaejoong, but he has to admit he was really attracted to Jaejoong.

“The sad part is that if your story is true…that Jaejoong guy is just a fish. Not technically human, so in the end I don’t think you guys can be together…beside didn’t you say something like that was the way he was born? I doubt you can do anything to fix that” Yoochun wasn’t trying to sound pessimistic but he had to make Yunho face reality. If Yunho was really in love, he didn’t want Yunho to get a broken heart later.

“Shut the up Yoochun” Yunho glared and placed his head down on his desk. He didn’t want to face reality, but Yoochun had to bring it up. It was true; Jaejoong was just a fish...

How the heck can they ever be together?

It’s ok Yunho, you have to be optimistic. Is what he kept telling himself.

-

After class was over, Yoochun was at his locker putting his books away when he felt like someone was behind him. Turning around, he was faced with Yunho’s ex-girlfriend – Yeonhee. She stared at him with angry eyes, like she wanted to murder someone.

“Woah you scared me Yeonhee!” Yoochun yelled while he held onto his heart. Thank god he wasn’t the one stuck in the forest yesterday; he would get scared to death at random things.

“haha sorry Yoochun” she laughed, like a total change in attitude. “Anyways I want to ask you something”

“What?”

“The creature that Yunho was talking about this morning…is it true? He’s in love with that person?” she asked. She overheard them this morning and she wasn’t happy. Her and Yunho were supposed to somehow get back together. He wasn’t supposed to move on!

“It just sounds like it, and the way he talked about that person. It just sounded like that person was beyond gorgeous. Wait don’t tell me, you’re jealous?” Yoochun joked. He knew she still had feelings for Yunho but he liked to joke around.

“Why wouldn’t I be jealous? He broke up with me for no reason and now he’s like falling for a guy who happens to be an animal. I’m pissed” Yeonhee said and crossed her arms. She was fuming with anger, how can this happen? She expected Yunho’s ‘substitute’ to replace her would be another hot chick at school or something. Not a weird creature that shouldn’t even be in love.

“I don’t even know. I think Yunho got hit in the head or something. But seriously Yeonhee, if this ‘person’ is real, just leave him and Yunho alone. Don’t ruin this, or else Yunho might be so angry and then blow up on all of us. I don’t want that to happen”

“Yeah..sure..whatever” Yeonhee mumbled. Yoochun smiled and walked away leaving Yeonhee standing there. She felt frustrated; she had to know what was going on in that stupid forest. How that stupid creature is seducing her man. Looks like she’s going to take a trip tonight.

-

That night Yunho found his way back to the forest to find Jaejoong sitting there just looking at the pond. Yunho smiled sneakily to himself as he snuck behind Jaejoong and placed his palm over Jaejoong’s eyes. “Guess who?~” he said in a childish tone.

“I only know you Yunho” Jaejoong laughed as he pulled Yunho’s hand away from his eyes.

“That’s true…” Yunho sighed. Why did he do something so stupid?

“That was cute though” Jaejoong giggled as he pinched Yunho’s cheeks.

“Not as cute as you” Yunho smiled. Jaejoong blushed and looked down on the ground; he doesn’t think he will ever be used to this. No one has complimented him this much before, not that he knew anyone anyways.

Yunho liked that about Jaejoong, the way he’s so shy and always trying to hide his face. Out of nowhere Jaejoong stated, “So you are planning on visiting me every night? Aren’t you going to be bored of seeing me that much?”

“No...Every night I spend here we’ll do something fun. Watch the stars, or I’ll hear you play the flute”

“B..But I’m boring...” Jaejoong said but was cut off by Yunho.

“When I’m with you, it feels really fun”

-

A/N: K another update XD. I know it feels like they are moving a bit fast but I was planning on making this a one shot lol. Just that it dragged on a bit too long. Just saying the angst will happen soon, after the fluffy YunJae-ness ^-^