Carnations

Letters, Petals and Dessert

This morning was extremely boring since Himchan told me not to bake anything. Although I can’t deny that I was excited to meet him later and see what kind of surprise he has for me. Millions of questions ran through my mind while I thought of what the surprise might be.

 

A warm cup of coffee couldn’t clear my mind, but it only wrapped Himchan around it. I thought of the way he talks, his deep black orbs that I love looking into so much and his touch. Though we formally introduced ourselves yesterday, it felt like I have known him for a long time. There was just something about him that so … inviting. He drew me in like a little child and the urge to find out more about him kicked in with every thought of him.

 

 I wonder what he does during the day…

__________________________________________

(him)

I caressed each petal that exploded with color softly as if it was the most fragile thing on earth. The delicate petals were as soft as her cheeks that I missed so much. The light rosy colored petals reminded me of her blush. The flowers resembled her in so many ways.

 

“How can I help you, sir?” a voice said breaking my thoughts, probably a florist.

“Im looking for edible flowers, maybe carnations?” I said. The florist looked at me with a raised eyebrow tapping his chin absentmindedly.

“What a unique request, sir. I’m afraid the carnations we have are an early pick” said the florist.

 

“Even better” I said, satisfied. I watched the florist wrap a bunch of wine colored carnations and I inhaled their delicious winy scent. I hope she likes wine…

~

She was too lost in her own world to notice me sit across her. Usually she’d greet me with her wide curious eyes but there she was, sitting with her face rested on her palm and reading a romance novel. Just like the first time I laid eyes on her.

No way was I going to sit here unnoticed...

__________________________________________

(her)

I could almost hear my heart shatter at every word I read. Nicolas Sparks was breaking my heart in such an agonizing slow pace. It was ridiculous how printed words on paper could make me feel this way. As much as my heart was aching I couldn’t bring myself to stop reading…That was until I felt a hand wrap around my wrist, pulling my palm that my head was resting on and distracting me. And he says I’m distracting..

 

He placed a note along with a deep-red petal on my still-open palm and I looked at him questioningly. He nodded in the direction of the note encouragingly and I reached out to it.

 

eat it  ]

 

I looked at him as if he was crazy and he continued to smile at me. At this point I thought he couldn’t get any weirder. He pushed the note along with the petal closer to me with an assuring look. I couldn’t bring myself to imagine the taste of the petal or why anyone would eat a flower but in the same way I was curious about him, I felt the same about the taste of the petal on my tongue.

 

I examined the petal for a few moments, feeling its soft texture and inhaling its sweet winy scent. The smell matched its color perfectly and I couldn’t wait to taste it. I took a small bite and the luscious flavor exploded in my mouth, tingling on my tongue. It reminded me of wine with a hint of sweetness. I never imagined anything could taste so exotic.

 

An idea hit me.

“Is this your surprise?” I whispered, glancing at the dozen flowers next to him.

He nodded.

 

 With the flowers in one hand and his hand in the other I pulled him up and started walking out of the library. “I have a surprise for you too.”

___________________________________________

my beautiful subbies! its 3am and i decided to post this :o

soo.. i changed the part from the forward a bit cuz i couldnt fit in that one. lemme know whatcha think?

your comments and subs mean alot~ srsly the only reason im still writing this!! <3 !