You're distracting

Letters, Petals and Dessert

I sat in my regular spot at the library engrossed in the book I was holding. The thick cover holding a stack of paper that let the ink flow upon it, telling stories out of the world of mind imagination that I chose to drown into. Letters made into words to join sentences that held so much meaning that created a new world, a world that only existed in fiction.

 

 

I was too engrossed in the book in front of me when a figure came into view distracting me by the movement. I looked up to see a young man in a black shirt and dark skinny jeans with raven black hair and bangs that stopped right above his eyes making it hard to see his eyes with his head bowed down. He placed his backpack silently making as little noise as possible and I was surprised when he sat across me. Out of all vacant places in the library he sat across me. Why… ?

 

 

I continued to stare at him curiously as he took out what looked like a drawing sketchpad and a pencil. He stared at the blank sketch for a few moments then looked up straight into my eyes. I felt my breath get caught the moment my eyes met his deep insane black eyes and tried to bring myself to look away from his piercing gaze but failed. Somehow, I felt like I wanted to stare for eternity into his black deep orbs. Sadly, he broke the gaze first and looked down at his sketch and started to move his pencil violently and speedily against the paper not stopping for an instant. Honestly, I’m not the curious type of person but the young man consumed my heart with curiosity. Something I have never felt.

 

 

Pencil scratching on paper and lines coming together started forming what looked like a figure of a face. I grew more curious as the minutes passed and more lines came together forming features. A few more minutes and the features became more detailed and oddly familiar, maybe too familiar. Unconsciously, I leaned in closer to his sketch to get a better look at the drawing when his hands stopped moving and he looked up, his faces not far away from mine. I froze and felt blood rush to my cheeks with a burning sensation… who knew I could be so awkward. I moved back in my chair holding the book I was reading earlier to hide my blushing face from the man yet I could feel his eyes burn holes through my book. As much as I tried to focus on reading the book in front of me I found it so hard to focus with the presence of the man sitting across me but I forced myself to look down at the book even though I was too tempted to look at him, study his features and feed my curiosity that wanted to observe as he sketched.

 

 

The pencil scratching against paper suddenly stopped and was followed by the sound of paper scrunching and a small sound of pencil scratching again. The same hand that I watched sketch across me came into view holding a small post-it with and I noticed a few words scribbled over it.

 

 

[   Stop moving, it’s distracting   ]

 

 

I stared blankly back and forth between the man and the small post-it I held in my hand. I sat back in my chair in embarrassment from the man I barely knew, ashamed of my nosy actions that were very unlike me. It was the first time that I have experienced curiosity and immediately I learned that it can drive people to do foolish actions. With that, I placed a bookmark on the page I ignored earlier at the show up of the stranger. I gathered my things and decided to leave hoping I would never see the beautiful stranger again. Maybe I was exaggerating, but that was just me …

___________________________________________________________________

 

so.. heres the first chapter again! chapter 2 will up very soon! and guess what!? with a glimpse of his own POV~