Pride or Money?

My Cabbage Girl

"Oppa.... Oppa... Oppa!" Bora tugged Donghae sleeves as he smiled to himself in his sleep.

"Muhya... DONGHAE OPPA!" Bora shouted as she shaked Donghae and Donghae was awoken by the sudden movement.

"Wae!?" Donghae jumped up, all sweaty from the steamy dream he had.

"OPPA! Wake Up!" Bora smiled brightly.

"AH!" Donghae looked down and saw a significant bulge, he then frantically covered it with his blanket and blushed profusely.

"Oppa! I've prepared breakfast! You can come eat it if you're ready!" Bora shouted outside and ran towards the kitchen.

"I'm about to kill myself." Donghae mumbled, 'what am i doing!? Dreaming of such stuff when Bora is around.. Even having an . AH!' he thought to himself.

At the hospital...

"Dr, how is my omma?" Bora frowned.

"She has to do the surgery asap. And after the surgery, she has to come back every month for us to monitor her condition as it wasn't stable." the Doctor said calmly.

"Ah." Bora quickly swipe her tears away and sniffed. "I will get to it. When are you available to do the surgery?"

"Next Monday. Lets do the paperwork over there." the doctor said and led Bora to the counter.

Bora signed the paper and saw the bill for the surgery and hospital. She has yet to see so many zeros before.

'Haih. Omma, I will definitely come out with the money. You just have to stay healthy." Bora thought to herself.

As she was walking in Seoul, she was stopping by all the shops, asking if they want to hire her, but in vail.

She then headed to CN building to meet Donghae for lunch and she saw Yonghwa shouting at his assistant.

"Are you dumb?! How can you mix up my schedule?! You're fired!" Yonghwa fumed at this poor guy, carrying all the photography equipment while a model stood beside Yonghwa, smirking.

"Oppa~ I don't care. I want to go for lunch now!" The model stomped her feet and tugged Yonghwa's sleeves.

"Alright babe. Cancel the assignment." Yonghwa said to him coldly.

"But you just fired me." The assistant protested in a wimpy voice.

"Muhya?!" Yonghwa held up his fist and his assistant dropped all his equipment and ran away.

"HAISH!" Yonghwa cursed and looked around. He then called someone on the phone and an old man in his mid 50s scurried down and cleared up the mess.

Bora just stood there in awe. 'How could anyone be such an .' Bora thought as she walked towards the reception and asked for Donghae.

As the man was cleaning up, Yonghwa was standing there, looking around. Bora quickly ran towards him.

"Yonghwa Ssi!" Bora called out.

Yonghwa saw her and he turned away, do not want to acknowledge her infront of his current fling.

"Ya! Jung Yonghwa!" Bora called out, tapping him hardly on his shoulders from the back.

"Ya! How dare to talk informally to me?!" Yonghwa spun around and argued.

"60,000 won please." Bora held up her hands.

"Wow. so you came all the way just to get money from me? How do you even know how to come here." Yonghwa scoffed at her.

"60,000 won please." Bora demanded.

"You're such a cheap. Don't you know-" Yonghwa was cut in by his model gf. "Oppa~ Why are you talking to her? Is she bothering you?"

"Deh." Yonghwa replied.

"I don't care about what you think or do, just pass me the money." Bora said coldly.

"You want the money so badly?" Yonghwa's ego is working up, how dare a country bumpkin embarass him infront of his fling and employees.

He then took out 100,000 and threw it infront of Bora.

"Here. Keep the change." Yonghwa scattered the money on the floor and Bora fumed.

Hot tears stung her eyes. 'Bora. Yoon Bora. No matter what, you are not going to take this. You can find a job and earn the money, you don't have to go to such extend.' Bora thought.

She glared at him and left. She wanted to escape. Escape from the embarassment, escape from that snob.

The old man saw and quickly pick up the money and ran after Bora.

"Excuse me! Young lady!" the man called out after Bora.

"Deh? Ajussi." Bora looked at him with her tear filled eyes.

"Take this. Our young master doesn't mean it. He's always like that." the old man shoved the money into Bora's hands.

"Andwae." Bora refused to take it and the man insisted. Bora then kept it.

"Thank you." Bora mumbled and the old man scurried off.

'Yoon Bora. Do not take it. Do not take such money.' Bora thought and she saw this old blind woman singing at the roadside, basking.

"Ahjumma!" Bora called out. "You have a great voice."

"Ah. Thank you young lady. You have a kind heart." the old woman said.

"Would you please take this money." Bora said and passed her the 100,000 won.

"Thank you thank you! God bless you!" the woman took it happily and placed it in her donation box. Without knowing how much was it.

Bora then smiled and walked towards the gate of CN, waiting for Donghae.

"Sorry Bora! I was caught up in a meeting!" Donghae called out as he ran towards her.

"Lunch is on you!" Bora laughed and Donghae ruffled her hair.

Yonghwa saw the scene from the inside and thought, 'wae? Is she here for him? Are they dating? She's not here specifically to take money from me?' Yonghwa thought and left with the model.

He walked past the old blind lady that is basking and saw the 100,000 won. 'wait a minute. Isn't that the money I gave her? Ah.' Yonghwa thought as he turned back and look at Bora and Donghae, laughing so happily together.

"Oppa." Bora looked at Donghae.

"Deh?" Donghae caught her eyes and looked away hastily.

"Can you help me to find a job?" Bora then explained her condition to him and Donghae agreed.

After lunch, Bora headed back to Donghae's apartment and Donghae headed back to work.

Bora was helping Donghae to clean the house and someone barged in.

"Ah! Bora! You're here." Sohee froze, holding bags of groceries.

"Deh. Annyeong Sohee Unnie." Bora smiled and went forward to help her with the groceries.

"Ah... You are staying at Donghae's place right now?" Sohee frowned.

"Deh. I came to Seoul to find a job." Bora smiled.

"So you're staying in Seoul for good?" Sohee asked, placing the groceries in the sink.

"For now. At least for a few months. My Omma is here for a surgery." Bora looked down, feeling sad and missing the farm, missing Eunhyuk.

"Ah... Wouldn't it be very inconvenient for Donghae? I mean... A girl living together with him and all?" Sohee look at Bora straight into her eyes.

"Ah. I never thought of it." Bora stuttered.

"If you want, Unnie can help you find an apartment? Probably somewhere near here?" Sohee suggested, out of goodwill but partly because she doesn't like Bora staying with Donghae.

"Thanks unnie. But..." Bora looked down at her feet, 'apartment? wouldn't it cost a bomb?' she thought.

"But? Don't be shy. Unnie will help you ask my friends, some of them are housing agents." Sohee smiled. "Care to give me a hand?"

"Deh! Unnie, do you come by often?" Bora asked.

"Deh... Donghae is a guy, he needs a girl to take care of him. So I got him to give me a set of keys where I can come and help him cook and clean." Sohee anwered.

"You're so good to Donghae Oppa." Bora bit her lower lips and washed the vegetables.

"Of course. I'm his yeoja chinggul!" Sohee laughed. She likes teasing Bora.

"Where is Donghae Oppa?" Bora raised her brows.

"Donghae rushed off to meet the boss's secretary after work. So I thought I'll come by and cook for him first. He didn't tell you?" Sohee asked.

"Nah." Bora shook her head.

"You sounded like an angry wife that your husband didn't come home." Sohee nudged Bora playfully.

"ANIYO!" Bora quickly explained, afrad that Sohee will think that she secretly likes Donghae.

At Donghae's side...

"Deh Secretary Kim. She is definitely what you are looking for." Donghae persuaded.

"But I need someone who could do labour work. Someone who can plan schedule and take care of Young Master's well-being." the old man from just now replied.

"I understand. But I'm positive that Bora could do it. Please consider, I hope to hear the good news from you." Donghae stood up and bidded goodbye to secretary Kim.

Donghae then walked around the streets, trying to find a job for Bora, then his phone rang.

"Yeobuseyo?" Donghae picked up.

"Yobuuu~" Sohee acted aegyo through the phone.

"Sohee ah. Deh?" Donghae replied, smiling.

"I'm at your house now... Balli come home~ I've prepared dinner for you!" Sohee whined.

"Ah? Then you must have met Bora." Donghae jumped a little, wondering if the girls can get along well.

"Deh! We prepared dinner together!" Sohee exclaimed.

"Araso. I'm coming home now." Donghae then hung up.

=END=

 

Authors note: I'm so sorry for not updating for so long! I will try to update asap from now on! Stay tuned!