Saying Goodbye

A Daughter's Diary

 

“Yobseyo?”

“Siwon-ah… My son… Forgive eomonim… Please… I know that her letter have reached you.”

“Please… Tell me… Where is she?”

“Mokpo’s hospital, the one that is the nearest to our house. Quickly, we don’t have much time. She tried to suicide… She’s dying…”

I let my phone slips off my hand, shocked. My wife, my beloved wife is dying? I quickly pick up my phone from the floor, reach the nearest jacket, take my wallet and car keys from the table and speed away to the location.

****************************************

“Please, baby… Don’t you even think about leaving me again. I’m here now, I have you and EunWon. We can start a new life. With just the 3 of us. I can leave Super Junior and start my own business. Only with you. Please! Don’t leave me!”

I grip her hands tightly. I don’t even care if I look like a complete fool, crying and begging to someone, someone that is going to leave, soon.

“Shhh…. Wonnie…. My husband, my darling, my honey…. I don’t need a new life. Just having you staying by my side until I reach my last breath is enough. Please, call EunWon to come inside. I need the both of you with me now.”

I practically dragged my heavy feet outside the ward, calling for EunWon. Then appears a younger version of JiEun with a mix of me. Look so fragile and adorable.

“EunWon-ah… Your omma needs the both of us inside. Come, let me carry you.”

She runs to my embrace and I lift her up, going back inside. JiEun looks at the both of us with a smile, a smile that I will never forget. Never will and never want to. I place EunWon on the bed, beside JiEun as I sit on the chair beside them.

“EunWonnie… Later, omma will go to a place far far away… You have to behave and listen to this man here. This man here, is your appa, my husband.”

“Omma… Don’t lie to Wonnie… Omma ish going to die, wight? Wonnie heard halmeonie and harabeoji saying that you are dying to appa… Omma won’t leave Wonnie, wight?”

Tears are streaming down my face. EunWon, she’s too young to understand all of this yet she does understand it. JiEun just smile.

“Omma is sorry, okay? You have to listen well to appa, halmeonie and harabeoji. Omma have to leave. You are a big and strong girl, right? So you have to let omma leave.”

EunWon starts to sob, seeing her mother so weak breaks her little heart yet she just nod weakly to her mother’s request.

“Siwonnie?”

“Yes, baby?”

“Can I feel your warmness and lips for the last time?”

“Don’t say that… Of course you can…”

I embrace her, her body is cold. I place my lips onto hers, not moving, just lips touching each other.

“Thank you and take care of EunWonnie…”

She murmurs between my lips before her body tense up and completely shuts down.

That’s it, she’s gone.

“SiWon-ah…”

“Hyung… You know about this, right?”

“I’m sorry…”

**************

A week after funeral….New Year…

“Eomonim, abeonim… I’ll take care of EunWon from now on. Please forgive me for not knowing all of this earlier. Today I’ll take EunWon to Seoul and live with me. I wish the both of you live healthily and live long.”

I bowed to them as the tradition of New Year.  Then EunWon hugs and kisses both of her grandparent’s cheek.

“I’ll take my leave first. EunWonnie, let’s visit omma first and then we go back to appa’s house. Okay?”

In front of JiEun’s grave….

Seeing my little one kneeling in front of her mother’s grave, praying for her, making me smile.

Jinny-ah… I hope you see all of these. Our child, is praying for you despite her young age. After this I’ll take her back to OUR house. Introducing her to my brothers but not yet to the world. This is all just too soon. I hope you’ll understand. I don’t know how the fans will react to this. They know I have a wife, but it was 3 years ago. When the time comes, I’ll let the world know. I’ll leave you for a while, continuing my career, make enough money to pamper our EunWonnie. I’ll take my leave now, rest in peace my beloved one.

“EunWon-ah… Let’s go…”

“Neh! Omma annyeonggaseyo…”

****************

Ring~Ding~Dong~

“Yes, coming!”

 

 

 

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry............................................................... for making you wait for the new chapter....... MIANHE!!!!!

Sorry that it's short... I'll try to update another chapter before midnight and another one tomorrow.....

Then........ I'll be on hiatus for another 2 month to prepare for my big exam this 9th of October.

Wait for me guys!!!!