Siren Song

In the Summer : An Infinite One-Shot Collection

 

                                            

 

Siren Song
(Hoya) ft. Infinite
 

It was another hot and sunny summer day and Hoya was taking full advantage of the exceptional Busan weather. He planned to go to the beach, surf, hang out with his friends and cool down in the water. It was one of the perks of living on the coast.

He was the first one awake amongst his group of friends. He enjoyed the freshness of the air in the morning that was laced with the scent of sea water.

Also, those lazy asses stayed up late the night before doing a bunch of random things that annoyed the hell out of the neighbours. Either way, they would all be dead to the world until about noon when hunger got the best of them.

Hoya fell asleep at around the same time as they did and the only reason he woke up was simply because he couldn't sleep. The beach called to him and refused to let him rest anymore so there he was.

At nine in the morning the beach was somewhat full, but it was bearable. The amount of people right then was more comfortable then the afternoon crowds.

As a warm up, Hoya decided to practice his endurance for swimming long distances. He went to his usual secluded part of the beach where there was a cliff and the water was deep.

He pulled off his t-shirt and placed it on the ground while kicking off his sandals. He breathed deeply, rotating his neck and shaking out his arms to prepare to dive.

Hoya jogged to the edge and jumped off, entering the water with a grace that only came from practice and resurfaced feeling refreshed and ready to swim. He went out a mile and back then caught his breath before going out once more, farther this time.

He repeated this many times before he realized that he had been swimming the same distance as he had previously. This time when he felt like he should stop and turn around, he stopped and stayed upright in the water, breathing heavily.

There was a large rock a few miles out and it was his goal to reach it without taking a break by the end of the summer. He first discovered it when he was out cruising around on a friend's boat because they almost crashed into it.

There was a small area above the water for him to sit on and he noticed that he could see his diving cliff from it. It was practically straight across from there so he made it his goal.

Suddenly, he heard the most wonderful thing his ears had ever heard. It made his soul dance and he looked around for the source. It was faint, but close enough that he could hear it over the lapping of water.

He realised that it was the sound of someone singing and it was truly beautiful. The melody called to him as if it wanted him to find the owner of the sweet-sounding voice.

He was about one third away from the rock and still had a bit more swimming to do, but he wanted to reach it this time even though he had already stopped for a break. He could at least get a taste of how far the swim would be and how much energy it would require.

Hoya pushed the wet strands of hair out of his face before quickly returning his hand back in the water. He noticed something weird about the rock when he looked at it again.

Did it get taller? It was like the ocean washed away and exposed more of the rock.

Is there...a person there?

Maybe that was where the singing was coming from.

Curious and determined to find where the beautiful sound was coming from, Hoya swam towards it. He knew he had already gone far and had to be almost there, but his lungs were burning and his arm and leg muscles were starting to get sore.

He had to stop soon or he would just sink.

'Just a little more, you should be within feet of it now.' He encouraged himself mentally. He lifted his head and saw the blurry rock right there and grasped for it. He miscalculated the distance from the rock to his hand that was reaching out for it and fell short.

By that time, his muscles were exhausted and couldn't go any further. He started to sink and willed his tired limbs to save him, but they wouldn't even twitch. Water filled his lungs and he panicked.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed his forearm and started pulling him out of his watery death. The rough surface of the rock met his skin and he coughed, the water coming up out of his system.

Half of his body lied on the rock and kept him anchored without him having to hold onto it. After he finished ridding his lungs of the salt water, he panted heavily and willed his eyes to open to see his saviour.

He couldn't see clearly at first, but eventually his vision returned to normal to reveal a beautiful woman in a bikini with a sarong over the bottoms. Your hair flowed with the wind and was decorated with a flower hair clip. It was a...hoya hair clip.

Your voice broke him out of the trance he was in.

"Are you all right?"

"Huh? Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for pulling me out." He said. "Oh, that's good. Why did you swim out so far? If I wasn't here you could have died." You looked at him curiously, speaking with a clear Seoul accent.

"Was it you," Hoya asked, "was it you that was singing?"

"Yeah, I was singing a while ago. Why?" You wondered why he was more concerned about that than his almost-death. "It was really beautiful. I heard it while I was swimming. I wanted to see who it was." You didn't say anything. "So...I swam all the way here."

"Even though you knew it was really far? Just to see who was singing? Which was me?" You asked. Hoya laughed tiredly. "Haha, yeah. It called to me. Your siren song." He wondered why he was saying all these things to a stranger.

"What? Am I a mermaid now?" You asked with a smirk. You found this weird guy interesting. "Maybe. Maybe you are, using your voice to lure me out to my death." He joked, flirtatiously.

"Perhaps, but I guess I'll be the only one to know." You winked and put a finger to your lips. It drove Hoya crazy. "Why are you all the way out here anyways? If it was that hard of a swim for me, then I don't know how you could've possible swam here." He referred to how you were from the capital.

"How could you know? I might be a better swimmer than you think I am." You said mysteriously with a secretive smile. He noticed that you weren't wet at all except for your feet that were emerged in the blue and your arm that you used to pull him out.

It made him wonder even more about how you got to the rock, especially if you didn't swim. You couldn't have gotten there by boat because if it went too close, it could have crashed into it.

First it was your voice, and then it was your goddess-like beauty and now the mystery of how you got here. You were so peculiar and mysterious that it just made you utterly attractive to him.

"You can swim in that direction where the shore is closer. You should make it there easily." You pointed west of you, where the land was indeed much closer than his cliff.

"Thank you again. I really like your hair clip by the way." He took another look at it and smiled. "Thanks." You said simply and touched it. "It's a hoya flower, isn't it?" He already knew it was, but he asked anyway. "Yeah. Wow, most people don't even know what a hoya is."

"Well I know because my name happens to be Hoya. Well, my real name is Howon, Lee Howon, but I like to be called Hoya." He said. "Interesting." Was all you said.

He was disappointed that was all a response he got. Not even an "Oh, it's nice to meet you.", but somehow, it made you much more desirable.

"You should go before the tide comes and brings you more water to swim in." You said. Hoya was well rested and ready to go at it again. "Yeah." He slipped into the blue and started to swim away.

He stopped three metres away and turned around to you who was standing to see him off. "Thank you one more time, I really owe it to you. By the way, what's your name?" He only just realised to ask.

"If we meet again I'll tell you. After all, I could just be siren luring you right to your death. Wouldn't you want to stay away from people like me?" You smiled playfully.

'I'm not sure about that; you're a very tempting siren—If you are one.' He thought.

"Fine. Are you sure you don't need a man's help back to land?" He asked. "Oh, I'm sure." Your tone matched your words.

Hoya waited for a while, but you motioned him to go, so he did. After another few metres, he couldn't help but stop again and turned around. You weren't on the rock anymore, having disappeared without a trace.

He smiled to himself. He hadn't heard any other splashes other than his. He faced the Busan sands again and left the incredibly interesting and mysterious girl on the rock behind. Oh, how he wished to meet you again.

-----------------

Just as you said, Hoya reached dry land without any problems. He lied on the sand and thought about you. 'Who would wear a sarong and a clip when they are swimming? You would just lose them both.' He wondered, just realising that now.

He got a small shock when his friends suddenly showed up.

"Boo! Hey, Hoya, what chu thinking about?" Sungyeol asked. "You are lying here on the beach by yourself like a loner." Woohyun pointed out.

Hoya sat up and dusted the sand off of his body. "Good morning to you too."

"Soooooooooooooo? Tell us why you snuck out by yourself." Sunggyu poked his shoulder. "What are you, my wife? I just came out early because I couldn't sleep and I didn't want wake you guys up because I knew you would be tired. You wouldn't even get up if I tried."

"Yeah, no, I wouldn't have." L confessed shamelessly, lifting up his hand. "Me too!" Dongwoo raised his with him.

"Yeah, you're probably right, but you still shouldn't have left without us." Sunggyu half agreed.

"You know, I'm surprised." Hoya chuckled. "You all are up before noon."

"Well, for some reason Sungjong wanted to go to the beach and forced us all to go with him." Woohyun yawned. Sungjong just shrugged.

"Anyway, you didn't answer my question. What were you daydreaming about? ?" Sungyeol asked him again. He thought of you again and smiled. "I met a pretty girl without you all."

"A girl, huh?!" Woohyun nudged him and gave suggestive looks. "What's she like? Did you get her phone number? What about her name?" They asked him.

"y, beautiful and completely mysterious. She has the most entrancing singing voice I've ever heard. Almost killed me yet saved me. No number, no name." Hoya explained to them.

"Dude, you almost died while we were sleeping?! And we missed a very hot-sounding girl too?! Man, I gotta wake up earlier..." Woohyun grumbled. "Yeah, I was swimming out to that rock. Remember the one that you almost crashed into? She was there and saved me from drowning."

"For your information, I can drive a boat just fine." Sunggyu sniffed. "Oh please, Hyung, Dongwoo hyung actually has a driver's licence." Hoya rolled his eyes. "But yeah, I nearly died."

He continued to explain what happened in detail and drew a picture of what you looked like using his words.

"Wow, too bad I missed your near-death. That girl must've thought that you are a loser because she had to save you." The choding laughed by himself. "And you couldn't even get her name...I bet I can get it just like that." Woohyun snapped his fingers together.

"I just have to find her again. She said she would tell me if we met again." Hoya shrugged, but secretly wanted to look for you.

The topic eventually changed and they agreed that they wanted to go surfing. All of them went back to their apartment they were sharing to get their surfboards.

The tide brought lots of winds and created decent waves. They all wanted Hoya to take the first one.

"Go, Hyung. Show us your amazing surfing skills unless you were just bluffing about it the other day." Sungjong teased and pushed him to the water's edge. "I wasn't bluffing. Psh, just watch." He went in and awaited the next wave.

Once it came, he got on it and rode with it easily. "Boo! You !" He could hear Woohyun shouting at him. "Wipe out! Wipe out! Wipe out!" They 'encouraged'. He narrowed his eyes and became determined to make them eat their words.

Hoya did some tricks, starting with something hard and going off into the more basic ones. He was about to dive off, done with the wave when he heard it again; your singing.

His eyes widened as he felt the attraction again and getting caught off-guard for those few seconds cost him and he wiped out. "OHHHHHH!" The others cringed at it.

He came up and looked around for you, but then he remembered his board and his friends. He stopped his search then went to retrieve it and returned ashore. "Hahaha that was pretty pro." Sunggyu laughed sarcastically at him. He wasn't really paying attention though and was looking for you instead. He couldn't hear you anymore.

"You did good," L began, "until you fell off your board." "Just stop, he's not even listening." Sungjong poked his cheek. "Did the water affect your brain? Hoya! Earth to Hoya!" Dongwoo said much too loudly. Sungjong waved his hands in front of his face.

He snapped back when Sungjong's hands blocked his vision. "What?" He asked oblivious. "What's up with you? You're not even listening to us tease you and it's no fun if you don't pay attention." Sunggyu threw an arm around his shoulder.

"Oh, uh, I'll be right back. I'm counting on you to watch my board, k, Hyung?" Hoya absentmindedly looked away and handed one of them his surfboard.

"Where are you going?" Woohyun called after him, but his ears were already tuned to your voice only.

He left them behind and begun his search using his eyes and ears. Like magic, he heard you again and followed it. Finally, he found you, just standing toward the water and singing softly.

"Hey!" He called out. You stopped singing and turned your head towards him. He went to you with a smile on his face. "I found you."

You didn't say anything and just looked at him surprised that he actually managed to find you. "You don't remember me?" Hoya asked. "I saved you a while ago." You confirmed. He felt at ease now that he was sure you remember him.

"How old are you?" You suddenly asked. "Huh? Oh, I'm twenty-one." He was taken aback by your sudden question, but answered nonetheless. "You shouldn't be 'Yah'-ing around to someone who's older than you. It's very disrespectful you know." You lightly scolded him, but sported a playful smirk.

"Older? You're a noona?" His eyes sparkled. "Does that mean I can call you noona?"

You ignored his question and started walking away in the direction he came from. "Hey! Where are you going? We're still talking!" Hoya grinned, enjoying this game you were playing.

"You know, your siren song made me wipe out just a moment ago." He said, facing you and walking backwards. "It also lead me to you again and it was the same as last time. I just couldn't stay away."

"So you really aren't afraid that I will drag you right to your death?" You asked, amused. "Like I said, I couldn't stay away. Even if I tried to ignore you, I would find myself right back."

"Then I guess it's just a matter of time." You chuckled.

"Are you going to keep following me?" "Probably. Need to stay close to my mermaid and make sure I am the only one she's calling." He was still walking backwards. Now that he found you again, he didn't want to let you go.

"Yours? Since when was I yours?" You crossed your arms and arched an eyebrow. "Well...it's unofficial, but that can always change..." He trailed off and lifted your chin up with one finger.

"Yo, Hoya! Where did you run off to?"

Hoya inwardly scowled and stepped away from you, turning to the person who had called his name. It was undoubtedly Lee Sungyeol.

The other five were with him and looked his way with curiosity.

"I'd like you all to meet someone." He started to say. You emerged from behind his back and examined the six new males that examined you.

"This is her. The one who saved me." He would've told them your name, but he still didn't know what it was. They all looked at you for an introduction you weren't planning on giving.

"Annyeonghaseyo."

"You said if we met again you'd tell me your name, remember?" Hoya was anticipating when he would have something official to call you. "Yes, I remember, but...I don't feel like telling you yet." Done with checking out all of Hoya's friends, you looked elsewhere.

"I'm Nam Woohyun." He approached you with a hand stuck out for you to take. To satisfy him, you pointed out your index finger and let him shake that instead.

"We want to say thank you for saving our friend here. We've heard a lot about you." Woohyun stepped closer, also wanting to know your name. "It was nothing, my pleasure." Your eyes darted to Hoya's for a millisecond before returning to Woohyun.

"I'm Kim Sunggyu, oldest. You are just as pretty as Howon described." He smiled and nodded once. "Yah..." Hoya said embarrassingly to his leader hyung. "Thank you." You gave him another once-over.

"I'm Lee Sungyeol! Noona, I like you!" He bounded up to you with a boyish smiled and incredible perkiness. "How do you know if I'm older or not?" You asked, taken aback by his boldness. "I don't, but since you won't tell us your name, I'll call you Noona instead." He continued to smile.

"Fine. How old are you all?" You turned to them. "Sungjong is our maknae and he is eighteen. L, here, is nineteen." Sunggyu pointed at the two youngest.

"Is your name really L?" You gazed curiously at him. He shook his head. "My real name is Kim Myungsoo, but like Hoya hyung, I prefer to be called something else, L." You nodded and looked at Sunggyu to continue.

"Sungyeol, Hoya, Woohyun and Dongwoo are all twenty-one and I am twenty-three." You looked at each of them again, connecting their names and ages to faces. "Okay, I am everyone's noona except for you." You pointed at Sunggyu.

Hoya thought about it and if he was twenty-one and Sunggyu was twenty-three then you had to be twenty-two.

"Okay, Noona! What types of guys do you like? Younger ones, perhaps?" Sungyeol asked. "Or maybe older...?" Sunggyu shyly added. "Mmm...I'm not really used to being a noona, but it would be something different I guess. I usually like oppas."

"You should come hang out with us. Do you like surfing?" Woohyun smiled the signature smile he always used on girls. "No thanks. Not my thing." You held up a hand, shaking your head then turned in the direction you came from. "Hey! Where are you going?" Hoya called after you.

"Wow...Noona is still y even when we're rejected..." Sungyeol gaped at you. "Bye, guys! I'm going after her." Hoya flashed them the peace sign and ran after you. "Yah, Lee Howon! Noona!" Woohyun called, sad that you had met him first.

"Hey, how come you don't want to hang out with us? Don't like them? I don't blame you, they are lame." He grinned at you. "Hanging around a bunch of guys isn't my thing. They're nice, though." You answered without looking his way. "What about me? Am I just nice too?" "You're..." You looked him up and down, "okay."

It wouldn't have been much from anyone else, but he had a feeling that your definition of okay was more lenient to the definition of handsome. Hoya thought so anyway, he chose to believe that. "How about we pick up from where we left off?" He captured your hips and held them lightly. You rested your arms on his shoulders. "You'll kiss a stranger you've only met today?" You asked seductively, feeling him pull you even closer and his fingers interlacing behind your back.

"I might have only met you today, but that's not going to stop me." He leaned in closer. "You don't even know my name." You pointed out. "Ah, but I do know that you're a noona and you have convinced me that you are a mermaid, just seducing me so you can bring me misfortune." His lips were just centimetres away.

You asked him one last time, just as a taunt. "Are you sure you want me?"

"Can I just kiss you already?" He was impatient and although he loved playing your games, he didn't want to wait any longer. You smiled and gave him what he wanted.

Just as the kiss was about to deepen, you pulled away much to his disappointment. "Go back and play with your friends. I need to be somewhere." You moved away from a somewhat dazed Hoya.

"Where?" He managed to ask, still recovering from the flurry of feelings from the all too short kiss. "No where you need to know about. See you around." You turned to leave.

You seduced him, kissed him and now you were just going to leave? Hoya realised that you were just playing with him again. Still, even though you were undeniably attractive, maybe to every guy she met; he wanted to show you the real affection that he had for you.

"Wait." He grabbed your wrist and you looked up at him again. "Go on a date with me. Dinner. Seven." You stared at him and studied his expression. "We'll see. Bye, Hoya." He was taunted with a peck.

You walked away. He grinned, loving the way you called him by his name and how your kisses made him feel. "That barbecue place by the pier, all right? I'll meet you there! Remember, seven o'clock!" He called. You turned your head with a smile in acknowledgement.

He watched you until you were out of sight. Sighing like a lovesick idiot, he also turned around only to trip on his own feet. "Ow, crap." He dusted the sand off of his hands and inspected himself for any scraps or cuts. Luckily, he wasn't injured, but for some reason the fall hurt a lot.

Hoya brushed it off and stood. He wouldn't let a silly little fall spoil his content mood. He walked along the beach and spotted his friends at a diner sitting at one of the tables on the patio.

His stomach grumbled, reminding him that it was time for lunch. He walked in and casually took an empty seat, pulling it up to their table. "Hey, guys. Did you order yet?" His smile had returned and there was no getting rid of it.

"This table is taken you know." L said plainly without looking up from the menu he was holding. "And no we haven't ordered yet. You're lucky you came at this time." Sunggyu added. Hoya picked up a menu and looked through it. Woohyun was observing him thoroughly.

"What's with you? You're so...smiley, but not like smile boy over there." Sungjong shot a glare, boring holes into his brain. "Smiley? Me? Nah." Hoya smiled and continued looking.

"Uh huh." Woohyun said sarcastically. "Something must've happened to make you that happy. What happened between you and Noona after you left?" Sungyeol poked his arm.

He couldn't hold it back any longer and blurted it out. "I have a date with her later. Oh, and she kissed me."

"She kissed you? Not the other way around?" L asked. "A date? She actually accepted to going on a date with you?" Woohyun added. "Yes and yes." Hoya said somewhat proudly.

"But well, she said that she might meet me for dinner, but that's still more than what I had twenty minutes ago." He explained after.

"Psh, I suspected this much. There is no way a girl like her would accept a date with you when there is me around." Woohyun said cockily. "And after all of this, you still don't know her name, isn't that right?" Sungyeol asked.

"Yeap!" He answered happily and sipped on a glass of ice water that was served to their table. Sunggyu face-palmed. "I'm worried for you, Lee Howon." He just shrugged. "Just don't go killing yourself. Again."

-----------------

Hoya was early and waiting for you at the barbecue place. He couldn't wait for your arrival. He had no idea why, but he liked you. He liked you a lot. Even though he had no idea what your name was, he still liked you. A lot.

The sun was still up drawing closer and closer to sunset, one of Hoya's favourite times of the day. Dusk was his favourite because the sky turned into a giant rainbow. Then the moon would come up and cast everything in a white glow.

People passed by him and entered the restaurant. He was anxious to join them. This place had stairs leading to the roof where you could dine on good food and see a very beautiful Busan.

Checking his watch again, it was finally seven and now you could show up at any time. He waited for five minutes, checking his watch every minute and a half or so. He waited ten minutes more and there was still no sign of you.

After an hour and looking at the time for the thousandth time, Hoya started to believe that you really weren't coming. As the seconds passed, the feeling of being stood up grew and soon he was trying to comfort himself in his head.

'She did say the she only might be coming. It wasn't confirmed from the start. You are a pabo for expecting her to come.' His head hung low. 'Why did she kiss me then? Was I just some mild entertainment? A guy to fool around with? Maybe I'm really not good enough for her...'

Even though his thoughts could be true, that he was just some guy, he still felt extremely hurt. Even if you didn't think much about him, it was the opposite for him.

Sighing, Hoya's slumping figure started to leave. He walked along the sidewalk and waited with a group of people at a light, waiting until he could cross. The light turned red and the cars slowed to a stop. He raised his head to see where he was going.

People walked passed him when he just froze. Among them, he saw you.

"Yah! Hoya! Don't stay on the road like that. It's dangerous." You hurried to the other side and led him back to safety. A car zipped by just as his second foot hit the cement of the sidewalk.

"Are you crazy? You're just trying to get yourself killed and I might not be there to save you again." You chastised him, but he just gawked at you for multiple reasons.

He was completely happy that you showed up, wondered why you were so late because he had really believed that you weren't coming and you in that silky, midnight purple cocktail dress reminded him of how beautiful you were.

"Hello? Are you listening? Don't make me regret coming. Maybe I'll just leave right now." You patted his cheeks and when he failed to respond, you turned to go. Finally, he shook himself out of it and lightly grabbed your hand. He pulled you back.

"You're late." He stated mildly.

"I'm here now, aren't I?" Your smile melted something within Hoya. "I waited for you for more than an hour. I didn't think you were coming." He said these things, but he had already forgiven you in his heart.

"Didn't you say eight? Oh well, like I said, I'm here now." You interlaced you fingers with his. Slowly, a smile spread and he nodded. "It's okay. Let's go eat shall we?" You didn't actually apologise, but he didn't care.

You entered the restaurant and were seated on the roof by the railings. You watched the waves wash against the shore and the sun beginning to dip into the horizon.

A waiter in a white dress shirt and black trousers came to take your orders. Hoya watched as he eyed you a couple times. You didn't even notice and it showed. You told him what you wanted with a friendly, but not too friendly smile, passing the menu to him.

He left and came back a couple minutes later with a bottle of red wine. As the waiter poured it into his glass, he gave him a glare to back off. If his message got across he didn't know, but he didn't eye you anymore.

"You're a lot different from this morning." He observed. Your independent, colder attitude was replaced with a somewhat warmer, nicer version of you. Not that he was complaining; he liked both.

"Am I? I'm just like that." You waved it off, sipping on your alcoholic drink. "Why? Are you becoming closer to me?" He asked. "Yeah, I guess. It's kind of hard for me to get close to new people." You said truthfully.

Hoya was taken aback by your sudden confession. Were you really the same person who wouldn't even tell him your name? "I guess that I'm not new anymore." He beamed, glad that you were a little bit more comfortable with him.

"Hey, kids always get rid of their old toys and get new ones." You joked. "That's not always true. Sunggyu still has a stuffed toy from his umma from when he was a toddler." He revealed, remembering the leader's beat up lion that was sitting on his bed.

"But...is it really hard for you to get close to new people?" He asked, serious and studied you. You seemed like a person who could get any guy you wanted and had the confidence of a tigress.

"Well...yeah...it's more of trusting people. Things have happened before...that's all." You said vaguely, staring at the table cloth and relived a memory. He softened and placed a hand over yours, bringing you back to the present.

"I promise you, whatever has happened to you will not happen with me. You can trust me, I swear. I don't want to hurt you."

"Thanks." You were sincere, but still wary. After all, words were just words. "And I'm sorry." He looked at you for the reason. "For being late. Oh, and for acting so rude to your friends. They are really nice."

"Don't worry about it. They didn't think you were mean or anything." Hoya smiled lightly. "Maybe you can meet them officially tomorrow." He offered afterwards.

"Um, I suppose..." You bit your lip, not exactly ready to meet another new person, even less six at the same time. He noticed your uncomfortable expression and his eyes flitted with worry. "If you don't want to you don't have to."

You didn't say anything and just gazed off elsewhere. 'Now look, you just made her upset. Fix it!' He thought to himself fiercely. "We should go to karaoke after dinner. I really want to hear more of your singing." He said quickly.

"Sing? Are you any good?" You looked back towards him. "Maybe, you'll have to come see for yourself." He smiled and gave a relieved breath when you allowed a small one to spread across your lips. "Okay. After dinner then."

There was some more light chatting between the two of you. Hoya did his best to avoid anything that would make you become distant again. He wanted to ask you many things, but he held back just in case you weren't ready to share yet.

He couldn't help himself anymore and one question managed to slip out. Luckily, it was the mildest of the lot. "You still never told me your name. I don't want to keep calling you Noona forever." He said it jokingly, but really wished to know what it was.

"My name—" You started when the waiter came with your food. "Here are your meals, enjoy and call if you need anything." He put the pristine white plates down and bowed to the both of you then left to another table.

"Wow, this looks really good." You gazed down at the delectable looking food on your plate. "Next time I'll treat you to seafood. It's really the best around here." Hoya winked and pick up his cutlery. You searched the table only to realize that he had a steak knife but you didn't.

"I don't have a knife." You stated aloud, looking for the waiter. "Here, you can have mine. I'll ask for another one." He carefully handed you his and called for someone to get him a new one.

"Yes, sir?" He came back and asked him. "Can I get a knife? I don't have one." Hoya requested. "Oh! So sorry about that. Just wait a moment, please." He scurried off to where the cutlery was kept. His supervisor eyed him from a corner. Forgetting something as simple like that at a top-class restaurant was a big no-no.

"Here you are, sorry—" He rushed back to them and ended up dropping the knife. It landed near Hoya's hand, sliding toward it and cutting it slightly then dropped onto his lap.

Your eyes widened and you sprung up. "Omo, Hoya, are you okay?" He was shocked and pulled off the sharp object that almost cut his thighs and placed it on the table. He looked at the growing red line that went from his knuckle to his wrist. He quickly regained his cool.

The waiter was frozen and beating himself up for being so careless and injuring a customer. Hoya smiled lightly and took the napkin that was sitting to his left and started dabbing the blood away. "Wow that was a close one. I thought that my legs were going to get cut off." He laughed as if it was a joke.

A red-faced supervisor came up to your table and put a tensed hand on the waiter's shoulders. "Oh my! We're terribly sorry! Let us get a bandage for you." He roughly shoved him. He came back to his senses and timidly went off knowing he was in a lot of trouble.

"Please find it in your heart to forgive us. As a token of our sincerity, we'll make your meal half off." The man smiled like a professional, but you could tell he was seething on the inside.

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing much." Hoya assured the supervisor still wiping away the blood. "Thank you, sir." He bowed gratefully as the waiter came back. He put a roll of cotton gauze on the table and bowed as well.

"I'm terribly sorry, sir. Please use this to get better." He said. "Thank you." Hoya took it and started to unwrap it. "We'll leave you to your meal." After bowing once more, they went away.

You moved out of your seat and took his hand carefully to inspect the injury. The red liquid was still seeping out of the cut. He watched you as you took another napkin and started to clean it up again because he didn't do a very good job.

You blew on it and took the roll from him. Gently, you began to wrap it around his hand. He just stared at you in both surprise and affection. "There. Does it hurt?" You asked. "No." He broke into a grin and admired your work.

"Why are you smiling so much? You just got hurt." You looked genuinely curious and it was cute. "Look at this now. I'm completely sure that your bad luck. I guess next time I might really get my leg cut off or break a bone." He smiled softly.

You sat back in your seat wondering if some of his brain was wiped up with his blood. "What are you talking about? Are you okay?" "I'm fine, don't worry. Let's just enjoy dinner, huh?" He began to cut his steak and ate the piece.

You watched him, cringing as if you were the one that was hurt. "Come on. It's no big deal. Here, I'll even feed you." Hoya stuck his fork into a carrot and held it out for you to eat.

At first, you didn't do anything, thinking about how weird he was, but bit down on the orange vegetable. "Good?" He asked. You nodded and swallowed.

The rest of dinner went by uneventfully. The two of you talked and connected with each other. It was mostly stuff about your likes and dislikes because he knew that you had this boundary that he didn't dare go close to. He already understood that there were things that you weren't ready to share, but he hoped that you would maybe tell him sometime in the near future.

For dessert, the two of you shared a slice of chocolate cake and savoured the richness of it. Soon after finishing it, Hoya called for the bill.

"Thank you very much, sir and I am very sorry about your hand." The waiter collected the money and bowed, still feeling embarrassed. "It was an accident, no worries." He reassured him once again. "Thank you, sir." After bowing to him for the twentieth time, you both left and started to go to a karaoke place.

"Just wait until you see my singing skills. You'll be blown away." Hoya said confidently. "You'll love my voice as much as I love yours."

You stared at the ground as you walked beside him. You felt bad because he sounded so excited to go to noraebang with you.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked, noticing your lack of interaction. You looked at him and told him wanted to hear. "I need to go. I can't go to karaoke with you."

His smile slipped. "Why?" "I just...gotta go. I'm sorry." You began to walk away from him. Hoya's heart dropped. He really didn't want you to go.

"Will I see you again?"

You could hear the disappointment in his voice and it made you feel guilty. You stopped, turned around and kissed his lips for the second time. He automatically accepted it and held on to you so you might not go. You pulled away after a few seconds.

"Yes."  

You slipped a folded piece of paper into his hand and kissed him once more. "I'm sorry, Hoya." With that you walked away from him again, quickly this time so that he couldn't stop you.

Reluctantly, he let you go, his lips still tingling. He watched your leaving figure until you were completely gone. He sighed and unfolded the paper you left him with. It was your phone number. You wanted him to call you.

Right away, he took out his cell phone and programmed the number into it. He got to the part where he had to name the contact and realised that he once again was forgetful to ask for your name, so instead he typed in 'Siren Noona'.

After he put his phone away, he wondered what he should do now that his date left him. In the end, he decided that he wanted to finish off the night as he originally planned.

"How much time do you want?"

"Just an hour please, Ahjumma." He responded and handed her the right amount to rent the room. It was small, but empty when there was only himself. Sighing, he grabbed a microphone, the remote and settled into the couch.

He spent the hour singing ballads by himself and wishing that you were there with him.

-----------------

"I don't know, man. By the way it sounds, it seems that she might have gone to see another guy." Woohyun said, breaking the news to him as softly as he could. "Especially because she said that she was sorry." Sungyeol had to add.

"You're not helping." Sunggyu barked at him. "Sorry...jeez..." Sungyeol grumbled and looked away.

Ignoring the both of them, Hoya sighed for the millionth time. "What do I do...I fell for a player..." He groaned. "Hey, she might have a legitimate reason for having to leave. You don't know for sure why she left." Sungjong comforted.

"Maybe, but I still feel horrible." He sighed again. "I mean, she tells me that, yeah, we should go to karaoke then gives me her phone number and leaves."

"Wait, wait. She gave you her phone number?" L asked. "Yeah, but I'm not sure if I should call her. I might have made her upset last night." He glanced at his phone sitting a few feet away from him. "If she gave you her phone number, maybe she isn't cheating on you." Sunggyu said.

Still, Hoya fell back and lied down on his bed drowning himself in his own worries. "Yeah, she gave you her phone number so that you could call her. You can just ask her." Dongwoo suggested. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Yeah! I'll even dial her number for you." Sungyeol took his phone and started going through it. Hoya shot up and went after the choding with protests. "No! You can't call her!" He put it to his ear while dodging Hoya's grabbing hands.

"Yoboseyo? Noona! Do you remember me? I'm the one who likes you the most, well other than Hoya hyung." Hoya's eyes widened, his ears turning red in embarrassment. "Give it, Lee Sungyeol!"

"Hoya wants to know why you left him yesterday. Can you meet him for lunch?" Sungyeol continued. "Okay. Okay. He'll meet you there! Bye Noona!"

He hung up and tossed him back his phone. "Here you go. You have another date with her in twenty minutes so I suggest that you get ready."

"What?!" He exclaimed. "Yeah! Way to go, Sungyeol!" Woohyun high fived him while the others gave hoots of support.

"I can't just go see her! I'm not prepared! Omo, eottoke..." Hoya buried his face in his palms. "What are you sad about? This is a good thing. For once that kindergartener did something right." L nodded approvingly. Sungyeol shot him a glare.

"Either way, you better get going unless you want to stand her up and make her even more upset." Woohyun patted his shoulder. "Your choice."

And that was how Hoya ended up at an ocean side eatery, nervously walking up to you who called to him. "Hey." You greeted. "Hey." He responded, not knowing what else to say.

"About last night...I'm sorry I just left like that." You apologised. "It's okay, you already said that."

There were a few moments of awkward silence.

"Um...Sungyeol-sshi said that you wanted to know why I just left you yesterday..." You started. "Remember how I told you that I kinda have problems with trusting people?"

Hoya softened and nodded. "I was scared that I had told you too much, that I had spent too much time with you." You confessed. "I don't get close to anyone that easily. I really don't."

He placed his hand over yours. "It's okay. I understand."

He felt your hand twitch under his, wanting to pull away, but he grabbed onto it. He knew he was making you uncomfortable, but he needed you to know that he wouldn't hurt you.

"You saved me multiple times, seduced me with your voice before I even saw who you were. I didn't think it was possible, but I really really like you even when I just met you yesterday, even though I still don't know your name. I want you to know that you can trust me. I won't force you to do or tell me anything. You can do that on your own when you're ready. Just let me try."

You were quiet for a few moments, touched by his words and feeling the honest and raw feelings in them. Your fear still tried to take over, but you wanted to trust him because...

"I really like you too, Hoya. I'm sorry if I keep myself reserved sometimes, but I'm willing to let you try." You looked at him and smiled a little.

"Thank you. It really means a lot to me that you're going to do this." He was so happy on the inside. He felt like he was given a chance with an angel.

"Now, what should we have for lunch?"

-----------------

"Ow!" Hoya gasped, lifting his hand up to his face to check for any injuries. "Does it look like there is any blood?" He pouted and held it out for you to look. You saw nothing out of the ordinary, just his hand.

"You baby. There's nothing there. You don't need me to tell you that." You brushed off any stray grains of sand and laughed. "But it hurts..." He whined, looking at the patch of beach beside him to see what hurt him.

He pulled out a clear shard of glass that was hidden by its transparency. "Aigoo, Hoya! You could have cut yourself!" You tsked, taking it from him and throwing it into a nearby garbage can.

"What if I did get cut? I might have to go to the hospital again." He gasped over dramatically.

"A cut like that won't land you in the hospital, Lee Howon. It's your fault that you keep hurting yourself."

"It never used be like this...I barely ever tripped!" He protested.

Over the course of the summer, he had gone to the hospital five separate times and hurt himself in any smaller way a thousand times more. It was a miracle that he was still alive.

"It's your fault! You and your mermaidness is giving me all of this bad luck." Hoya turned away with a frown, pretending to be mad at you. He had really become a child in the past couple of months.

By now, he very well knew that you were perfectly human, but he liked to use it as a legitimate excuse.

Smiling and shaking your head, you wrapped your arms around his neck from behind.

"Yet you love me."

"I do love you..."

"Yet you still decide to pursue me even though I was being hard to get."

"I did try my best..."

"Yet, you are still together with me even though you think I bring you misfortune."

"I am aren't I...?"

"So whose fault is it?"

"Mine..." Hoya sighed, but turned back around and kissed your forehead.

 "Now that's a good boy. Feeling better now?" You pecked his lips. "I need more. It still hurts." He smiled already leaning in. The two of you kissed for a while before you pulled away.

"I think that you're more than better, mister." Sporting the smirk that Hoya loved so much, you stood up and walked away.

"Siren noona!" He grinned and called after you.

Oh, and yes, he does know your name by now, but prefers to call you his Siren noona. Even after his countless attempts to find out what it was.

He caught up with you and put an arm over your shoulders. He pulled you close and nuzzled your neck.

"It . Summer is almost over." He said softly.

"Yeah." You agreed heaving heavy a sigh.

"What do you think those guys are up to?" He changed the subject. "Probably no good." You smirked. "That sounds about right." The two of you laughed.

You walked into the apartment that they and sometimes you shared. It was messy, clothes strewn everywhere, food wrappers, everything.

"Omo, I was just here yesterday! How did you guys manage to make this big of a mess in that amount of time?" You began picking up some things from the floor.

"Um. We sort of had a mini party after you left?" He answered sheepishly.

You looked at him with your mouth hung open.

"I'm going to take a quick shower! Wait for me?" He ran to the bathroom before you could hit him.

"You..." The bathroom door locked and he was safe...for now.

Just then, the other six culprits came in loudly, playfully pushing and shoving each other. When they saw you with your hands on your hips, they froze.

"Oh, crap." Sungyeol said, knowing that they were in trouble.

"Whose is this?" You lifted an eyebrow, along with a pair of boxers hanging on the tip of your finger.

Woohyun's eyes widened and his face turned red. He scrambled toward you and snatched it away. He threw it into the bedroom he shared with Sunggyu and came back standing politely with his hands behind his back.

"Noona, you know I'm not like that right?" Woohyun desperately asked. "Unless, you like that kind of stuff." Wiggling his eyebrows he leaned in close.

"Ugh, you're so disgusting." You made a face and backed away from him.

The rest of them laughed at the rejection.

"Hey, hey, hey, not too close, Namgrease." Hoya came from the bathroom rubbing his hair with a towel.

"What did you do? Run through the shower? You just went in there." You asked. "I rinsed my hair." He blinked at you.

"That's it? Ew, you're disgusting too." You pushed Hoya and Woohyun away and walked toward the two youngest who were taking care of the mess.

"Babe! Come on!" He frowned.

"You see, these are good boys. I didn't even need to tell them to clean up. This time." You hugged their shoulders.

L and Sungjong tilted their heads so they were resting on your shoulders, pretending to look like angels.

"Yah, that's my girlfriend. Get your heads off of her." Hoya pointed at the two of them in warning.

"Make me." L taunted, looking over to Sungjong. They kissed your cheeks at the same time.

"Do you see those kids? Those maknaes are evil!" Hoya smacked the leader's arm. "WAIT 'TIL I CATCH YOU."

They immediately ran away laughing and yelling at him to get them.

Turning back to the remaining, you clasped your hands together with a big smile.

"So, who wants to help clean this place up?" You asked cheerfully. Each one began to make excuses right away.

"I have some stuff to do, so..." Woohyun slowly backed away into his room.

"I have some work I need to catch up on!" Dongwoo ran past you into his room as well.

You looked toward Sunggyu. "I think my pie is burning. I'll go check!"

"In your room?" You asked, just before he stepped past the doorway. "Yeah!"

"You're the leader!" You pointed out, but he had already slammed the door shut behind him.

There was only one left. Sungyeol.

"Yeollie~" You pouted and used your best aeygo. "Help me clean?"

He looked away, running his fingers through his hair. "I'd love to, but I'm sort of tired from partying last night you see..."

"I think I'll take a nap, but since Hoya is busy chasing after the maknaes, I'll take this rare opportunity..." Sungyeol made sure that Hoya wasn't watching.

"I'd really like to kiss here, but Hoya does that a lot." He pointed to your lips. "And Myungsoo kissed here and Sungjong kissed there so I'll kiss your forehead!" Before you could do or say anything, he pecked the area and fled to his room.

You sighed. "Then who's going to help me clean?!"

Hoya came and hugged you. "I will, baby." You were grateful, but wondered where your first two helpers went.

"What about Sungjong and L?"

"I couldn't catch them and they're locked in their rooms." He answered.

"So they're all really not going to help?" You asked, exasperated.

"It's okay. We can do it together." Hoya lightly kissed your cheek.

"Oh, bleh. Myungsoo germs." He made a face as if he could taste it and rubbed your cheek vigorously.

"Let's get started shall we?" Whistling happily, he began to pick up the clothes on the floor.

You breathed in a big breath. "YOU KNOW YOU ARE ALL DEAD WHEN YOU COME OUT!"

A chorus of 'yes's followed.

You face-palmed and muttered to yourself. "I can't deal with you guys anymore..."

After tidying up the whole living room, each of them one by one poked their heads out. "Are you done?" Dongwoo asked.

"Yes."

"Are you still mad at us?" Sunggyu asked next.

"Yes.

They cautiously came out because sometimes there was a wrath and sometimes there wasn't. Woohyun crept up to you and picked you up.

"Well you won't be mad anymore!" The other started attacking your ribs and tickled you, until your stomach hurt from laughing.

"Fine! I got it! Put me down!"

Satisfied, they did as you asked and gave you a huge group hug. "Thanks, Noona. You're the best!"

"All right, all right. I understand." You smiled lightly pushed them away for space.

"Can you cook for us today?" Sungjong asked.

You frowned and glanced at the time with great concern. "Well..."

"Pleeeeeeeeeaaaasssssssssseee???" Sungyeol batted his eyelids and held his hands together. All seven of them looked at you expectantly.

"What should I make?" You gave in and they cheered.

"We're eating good tonight! Yeah!"

"You should sleepover then too. And don't worry, we'll take care of the dishes." Sunggyu bargained. The others nodded in agreement.

You bit your lip and looked at the time once again. "Okay. Let's have fun!"

There were more shouts and hoots of celebration.

You went into their kitchen to make dinner and some snacks for later on.

Hoya and Woohyun joined in to help with the cooking while everyone else set up the now spotless living room into a sleeping room for eight.

After eating, they did the dishes as promised and then played games and watched movies for the rest of the night. In the earliest hours of the morning, everyone else was asleep except for you and Hoya.

You snuggled together and just peacefully enjoyed the silence.

Hoya your hair and planted a soft kiss onto your crown. "Thanks for cleaning up our pig sty and making us dinner." He said quietly.

"When there are seven of you, it's kinda hard to say no or stay mad." You chuckled tiredly. You swore that they were not human at all and just a bunch of wild animals.

"Well thank you anyway. I love you, baby."

"I love you too. Don't...forget that, okay?"

"Don't worry, I'll never forget."

With that, Hoya closed his eyes and nuzzled closer to you.

"Good night." He breathed. "Good night." You echoed and sighed.

---------------------

Seagulls and other kinds of birds cried, communicating to each other in a way they could only understand. The sun shone brightly as it would on any other summer morning, its rays leaking through the curtains and illuminating the room.

Hoya slowly opened his eyes, blinking a few times before rubbing the sleepiness away and sitting up. Still half asleep, he yawned and stretched then stood up to go to the washroom.

He carefully stepped over the bodies of his friends, almost stepping on L's leg.

He washed his face, brushed his teeth and came back out scratching his scalp while looking over the tangled up bodies still sound asleep

Then...wait. Hadn't you slept over?

With squinting, still waking up eyes he searched the apartment, looking out the window when he had no success. Sungjong woke up when he had accidentally kicked his leg. He proceeded to stretch his arms and hit Woohyun in the face.

"Yah. You're not in your bed you know." Woohyun's hoarse voice croaked as he, too, awakened.

Ignoring them and what he had caused, Hoya crossed the room and picked up his cellphone that he put under his pillow before he had gone to sleep. He checked it, wondering if you had left a message saying that you had gone home or for a walk or something.

Finding nothing, he sent a text asking where you had gone and when you'd come back.

By that time, everyone else had already waked themselves and each other up. Sort of.

"Nam Woohyun, go make some breakfast." The leader said tiredly, hitting Woohyun's shoulder with the back of his hand lightly with his eyes still closed. Or maybe they were open. You could never tell with him. Either way, he rolled to his other side and pulled up his blanket over his head to avoid the bright sun.

"Hyung, why don't you just do it? Or tell Noona to do it." He didn't want to move yet either.

"Where is she anyway? In the bathroom?" Sungyeol rubbed his eye.

"Is she?! I'll go check!" Woohyun sat up immediately and tore off his blanket.

"Don't think that way about my girlfriend you ert." Hoya muttered, not really paying attention. He was waiting for your reply. Usually you wouldn't take this long. Only if you were asleep, but he knew you couldn't have been. Impatient, he called.

"The customer you are trying to reach-" That was odd. It was the first time he wasn't able to contact you. Beginning to worry, he tried a second, third and fourth try.

"She's not picking up." He said aloud, frowning.

"Uh...hyung? I found this paper." L held it up then it was snatched away by the maknae.

"It's a letter." He stated. "There's no name on it."

All pairs of eyes watched curiously, wondering what could be inside.

"Maybe it's money!" Dongwoo guessed

Sungjong opened the envelope and unfolded the paper from within. He read it, his expression dropping then looked up at Hoya.

"I think this is for you."

He took it and began to skim through it, he himself becoming pale. The others were concerned about the troubled looks on the two's faces. He swallowed before reading it out loud.

Dear Hoya,

I'm sorry I had to tell you this way, but I knew that I wouldn't be able to leave if I had told you in person. I'm gone. I've gone back to Seoul and by time you read this, I'm probably already on the plane and taken off so don't try to look for me.

The past couple of months were incredible and I wish I could stay forever, but I was only allowed one summer and now it's over.

I thank you and apologise for everything you've given and done for me and I promise that I won't forget about you so don't forget about me.

I'm so sorry.

Much love,

Your Siren

P.S. Myungsoo, Woohyun, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Sunggyu and Sungjong, thank you for your friendship. I'll treasure it always.

Goodbye.

His arm suddenly felt too heavy to hold up so it dropped with the letter still in hand. Everyone was shocked into silence as they took in its contents.

"She...left?" Sungyeol asked dumbly, hurt and in shock.

Hoya's eyes watered, not understanding, wondering and hurting badly. He sniffled, blinking rapidly and wiping away the wet from his eyes.

The paper was taken from his hand by the others as they looked over it for themselves, not believing what was written on it in your handwriting. They all grieved. You were practically family to them now and you just suddenly left without a proper explanation.

Finally, Hoya couldn't stand anymore and collapsed sobbing freely. He loved you and he showed it, said it, but that didn't seem to be good enough. You left him, but why?

It didn't matter because you were gone and didn't look like you were ever going to return.

With the seasons that came, you were really never heard from and Hoya still remembered.

By time summer came around again, he found himself reminiscing about the short time he had been in a relationship with you and sighed. It was one year that day since the first day the two of you met. It was the best and worst summer of his life and he became so unhappy that he began to believe that he wouldn't ever be happy again.

For six months, he called your phone every day in hopes that you'd miraculously pick up. He went out and wandered about hoping to run into you, but he never did.

He never saw anyone else with a lack of interest because he still had you in his heart. He also stopped getting himself injured. He hadn't even tripped once.

The sun was setting and turning orange and he thought back to a recent conversation he had with his friends. They told him that he was being foolish, that he needed to stop. Of course, he denied them in a hurt rage, but he already knew that what they said was true. He has known that deep down for a while now.

He needed to let go and be happy again, but it was harder than they thought.

He sighed and pushed himself off of the railing he was leaning on when suddenly a familiar sound entered his ears. It was wonderful and made his soul dance along. At once he knew what he was hearing and spun, eyes searching wildly for what his brain deemed impossible.

 You were standing before him, looking even more gorgeous than he remembered if that was possible. Did he miss you so much to the point he was starting to hallucinate?

You strode up to him and he instinctively took you in his arms, eyes wide with disbelief. Everything felt too real to just be something made up from his mind.

"Are...are you really here? Are you really you? Did you really come back to me?" Hoya stammered in wonder and amazement.

"I'm here, Hoya. I'm so sorry." Your voice was muffled and you sniffled. "W-wha...how...why?" He struggled to ask the questions he always wanted to ask for the past year.

"I'm back and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I left and I love you." You stopped short when you came to a realization. "You...you still love me, don't you?"

"I do. I do, I love you so much." He pulled you closer and kissed you passionately. When he pulled away, he searched your eyes desperately for the thing that had been troubling him all of this time.

"Why did you leave me?"

You looked away guiltily and Hoya feared the possibility that you had left him for someone else and came back. "Honestly..." You started. The pause made Hoya impatient and the anxiety increased. "I was supposed to get married to another man."

And honestly, Hoya didn't know how to feel about that.

"My father became horrible after my mom died and started meeting with other horrible men. They were around a lot and they all had sons that I was forced to be around. They hurt me and talked me down; my father wouldn't do anything. He forced me into a marriage with one of them and— and— everyone I tried to trust deceived me in the end." You took a pause to control yourself.

"Of course, I refused outright, but all I could get was a bargain. My father said that I had one summer to be free and I came here. Once it was over, though, I had to take that foul man as my husband. That's why it's so hard for me to trust anyone, but then I came here and met you and—"

"It's okay. I understand." Hoya said softly. "You don't have to explain anymore. I know."

You stared at him with half-watered, grateful eyes before crushing yourself in his understanding comfort. "I love you, I love you. Thank you, Hoya. You saved me, you're my saviour." You wailed, repeating the same things over and over.

"You are safe now. You don't need to worry anymore. Let's go home, hmm?" You pulled away smiling and wiped away those useless tears. "They aren't mad at me, are they?" Hoya shook his head. "Upset and disappointed, but they'll understand just like I do."

Leaning on his arm, the two of you walked down the paved hill. The relief you felt was overwhelming and rewarding after that hard year of fighting to come back.

"You know," Hoya said, "it’s funny. After all the trouble my mermaid had caused putting me in danger, she ends up being the one needing saving."

"Yah! Lee Howon!" You yelled, hitting his arm. He laughed and you couldn't help but smile. He was still laughing when a biker zoomed by so close that he almost hit him.

"Whoa." Hoya was quickly moved out of the way with a near-miss. "What was that you said again?" You smirked, patting his shoulder twice before going ahead so he'd have to catch up.

"Wait! Are you going to play like that again?" Hoya called after you, but was ignored.

"Hey!" Grinning, Hoya went after you and attacked you. Happy yelling and giggles filled the warm summer air in that particular street in Busan.