Getting Lost

In the Summer : An Infinite One-Shot Collection

 

                                                      

 

Getting Lost
(Dongwoo)
 
*A/N: Giving you a name again.*
 
"This is the life~" You sighed in content as you sat back into your beach chair. The big, white sunglasses on your face shielded your eyes from the blazing Hawaiian sun. You wore the smallest bikini you owned so that your tan lines weren't visible when you went back to Korea. It was an emerald green and very bright.
 
Kids were splashing around in the large, squash shaped pool and fortunately, not getting any water on you. It was a little bit hotter then you liked, but you wanted to finish your tan first before cooling off in the water.
 
You took out your digital camera and snapped a few pictures of yourself and the pool area. After, you took the ice cold lemonade sitting on a side table to your right and sipped it, letting the coolness of the ice run throughout your body.
 
Lastly, you took out a silk folding fan out from your beach bag and fanned yourself with it. You hummed along to the song that was stuck in your head. It was In The Summer by Infinite. You had downloaded their newest mini album before you left Seoul.
 
"Hey! Hyomi!" A voice called your name. You lowered the sunglasses on your eyes and took a look at who was disturbing your peace. Dongwoo came to you with a smile. "Oh, hey, Dongwoo." You greeted. You had first met him here at the resort and found out that he, too, was Korean and happened to be your age. 
 
"You're disturbing my tanning time." You said. "Do you even know what time it is? You promised to go on that tour with me." Dongwoo tapped the watch on his wrist. "Eh? It's two already? I'm not done though..." You pouted, checking your cellphone and confirming the time. "I guess my tan is even enough. I need to go to my room first and change though, okay?" 
 
"Okay, I'll come with you. I can take your bag for you." He picked up your beach bag while you took your drink. "Thanks."
 
The two of you walked back to the hotel and was greeted with refreshing air conditioned air. You and Dongwoo rode the fancy elevator up to the higher floors of the hotel where you could see the perfect view of everything, the beaches, the tropical forest and the rest of the resort. The first time you came here, you made sure to capture the magnificent view in a picture.
 
"My mom and dad are taking some yoga class so it's okay if you come in." You fished for your room key in your bag and unlocked the door with the number 2543 on it. Inside of the suite were two bedrooms, a bathroom, a small, but spacious living room and a small kitchen. Sort of. It had a mini fridge, a microwave, a sink and a mini oven. 
 
You placed your finished drink on the counter top and scurried into the smaller of the two bedrooms. "Where do you want me to put this?" Dongwoo asked, lifting up your bag. "Anywhere is fine. I'll be in the bathroom to change. Don't even think about coming near this door." You wagged your finger at him and pointed to the bathroom door. 
 
"I-I won't! I promise!" Dongwoo shied away, too innocent for his own good. You chuckled to yourself as you searched though your suitcase. 
 
After getting the clothes you wanted, you went into the washroom and changed out of your vibrant green swimsuit. You wore a simple, off-white t-shirt and shorts that went down to your thighs. A straw hat covered your head and your medium-sized backpack hung off of your shoulders. You had prepared it beforehand so that you didn't have to worry about it.
 
"Okay, let's go!" 
 
The two of you met up with the rest of the people who were taking the tour along with you and waited for the tour guide to come. "Hello everyone! You are all here for the tour, isn't that right?" A women with a sun hat and a tennis-like uniform asked in English. "Let's get a move on! First, we'll be hiking up to the top of the cliff where pictures will be allowed to be taken and then stop by the greenhouse slash café where you can have a refreshing drink then we'll be coming back down for dinner!" 
 
"What's a 'greenhouse slash café'?" Dongwoo asked you. Your English was a little bit better then his. You explained to him the meaning of what she said in Korean. "It's like half a greenhouse and half a café." "Oh." He nodded in understanding. 
 
You and Dongwoo were behind the rest of the group who were clearly tired from the climb because of their red faces and perspiration running down their foreheads. Taking a water bottle out of your backpack, you guzzled down half of it. "Oh, good idea." Dongwoo did the same as you except that he practically chugged the whole thing.
 
Eventually, the group was far ahead of you and Dongwoo's panting was all you could hear. "Come on, we need to catch up with everyone or we'll be left behind." You patted his arm. 
 
"Hyomi, let's just take a little break. I'm going to die..." He stopped where he was still panting hard. You looked back up at the backs of the other tourists as they went on without you then back at the pitiful looking guy behind you. "Fine. Just a few minutes." You said. Dongwoo gratefully collapsed onto the dirt worn trail. 
 
"Don't rest there! It's dirty." "Where else is there to sit?" He looked around. "Oh look! There's a big rock there!" Dongwoo pointed into the forest and went off. "Yah, we should stick to the trail." You called, but he ignored you. You sighed and followed him.
 
He was sitting on the rock he spotted and drank from his third bottle of water. "Aren't you going to need to go the washroom soon after drinking all that water?" "It's better then getting a heatstroke." He shrugged. 
 
You sat on the rock with him and alternated between fanning yourself and Dongwoo. "Are you feeling better now?" You asked. "Yeah, but just give me a minute to wipe up all of this sweat." He answered and soaked all of the beads of perspiration on his neck with a tissue. 
 
"Okay, ready." The both of you got up and put your backpacks back on. "Which way was it?" You looked for the trail. "Uh..." Dongwoo also peered through the trees around him. "Don't tell me that we're lost in here." You started to worry. 
 
"A-aniya, it's probably...this way!" He pointed in a direction and started marching that way. "Probably?" You squeaked, suddenly aware of what could be hiding in the shrubs.
 
You followed behind Dongwoo and holding onto his shirt because you needed to have some sort of physical contact to be reassured that you weren't alone. The two of you went in every direction, but the trail was no where to be found. 
 
"We already looked here..." You were on the verge of crying. "A-ah...we did? Well maybe it's that way!" Dongwoo desperately turned around and went that way. "Aish, no! It's not this way either! Look! It's the rock again." You pointed at the same rock you sat on just an hour ago. 
 
You sank down onto it again and hopelessly buried your face in your hands. "What if we never find our way out? What if we die here? What if there are bears? Or tigers?! Or lions?" Your imagination scared you with the possibilities.
 
"I'll never get out of here. I'll never see my parents again. I'll never see my friends again. I'll never go back to Korea. I'll never see Seoul again. I'll n-never..." You rambled on and on and eventually you burst out into tears.
 
"Gwenchana. It'll be okay. We'll get out of here, I promise." Dongwoo took the spot beside you and tried to comfort you by rubbing your back. "It's all your fault! If you just endured for a little longer we could have been at that greenhouse café place by now! I bet that they didn't even notice that we were gone. They'll never come looking for us!" You wailed.
 
"Your parents will notice that we aren't around and they'll have a whole search party after us. They'll find us, Hyomi. I'm sure they will." "You pabo! Pabo, pabo, pabo Dongwoo!" You hit him, but eventually found yourself crying into his shoulder. 
 
"Shh...it's okay, it's okay. Everything's okay." He your hair and murmured soothingly. It didn't take long before your cries turned into sniffles. "How about we just try to get out of this forest first, hmm? One step at a time." He suggested when you were ready. You nodded and got back up to your feet.
 
"Which way should we go? I'll let you decide." You wordlessly pointed in a direction you felt you should go and the both of you went off walking as if you were just taking a stroll in your local park. Crying helped you calm down, but now you were kind of tired.
 
"Dongwoo?" "Yeah?" "Hold my hand please." You requested. He hesitated before interlacing his fingers with yours. You exhaled, feeling safer and much less alone.
 
You and Dongwoo had been walking around for about a total of two and a half hours and every now and then you would stop to take a break. Since you didn't know when you would return, or return at all, you had to make your fresh water last. Luckily, you had brought five bottles knowing how long the hike was going to be, while Dongwoo had six bottles. Between the two of you, five have already been drunk.
 
You were starting to get hungry and you asked him if he had any food with him. "I think I have a pack of pepero sticks in here." Dongwoo opened his ginormous backpack. He had a bunch of random things in there such as stickers, a nail clipper and everything in between. He pulled out the pack of chocolate covered sticks. "Why do you have so much stuff in your backpack?" You asked, opening the box.
 
"I don't know. I just...do." You shook your head and munched on the snack. After sharing it between the two of you, you suddenly became very tired. 
 
One hand was still tightly holding on to Dongwoo's and the other was gripping onto the part of his arm above his elbow. You were using him as support as your head rested on his shoulder as you walked. 
 
"Are you really tired?" He asked. "Mmm..." You answered without opening your eyes. "Here, hold onto my bag for me, please." You took it and was shocked by it's weight. "It's so heavy." "Here, get on." He leaned down in front of you, offering a piggy back ride. 
 
Slinging his heavy bag over your other shoulder, you climbed on. He lifted you and all of your things while you wrapped your arms around his neck. Dongwoo started walking again. His gentle footsteps lulled you to sleep.
 
Dongwoo noticed that your grip on his neck gradually lessened until they flopped on his shoulders with each step he took. Your even breaths subtly tickled his neck. 
 
You were starting to slip so he had to bounce you up again. He honestly couldn't say that you weren't heavy. Or maybe it was your combined weight along with his backpack and all of the full water bottles that made you heavy. It was okay though because it wasn't that hard to do what he was doing now. Although, his muscles might ache later on.
 
He felt terribly guilty that he had gotten you and him lost, but at the same time his heart felt warm. In only the past few hours, he got to be the shoulder you cried on, held your hand and now he was carrying you on his back when all the two of you did ever since you met was a friendly pat here and there. When he met you, all he wanted to do was be close to you. You could say that he had a...little, teensy weensy crush.
 
Dongwoo walked half an hour more when he started to hear something strange that just didn't flow along with the sounds of the forest. Woosh Woosh. Seagulls cried in the distance. 
 
The beach! 
 
"Hyomi, Hyomi wake up." He said quietly. You stirred. "Hmm? Is it breakfast time? Why are you in my room?" You muttered sleepily. He smiled at your cute grogginess. "No, it's not breakfast time and we're not in your room."
 
"Huh?" You rubbed the sleepiness out of your eyes and remembered where you were and what happened. Your heart dropped. You were still lost. 
 
"Listen." Dongwoo said. He had stopped moving and was quiet. You listened hard for what he was hearing. Faintly, you could hear the crashing of waves. "I hear waves! The beach must be nearby!" You exclaimed.
 
Dongwoo let you down and took his bag back. Together, the two of you walked toward the sounds of the ocean until it became loud and clear. It was quite dark when the palm trees blocked most of the light. It made you wonder about what could be hiding in the shadows. There was a rustle in the brush near your feet. You yelped and grabbed onto Dongwoo's arm. You whimpered, wanting out of there more then you did before. 
 
Soon, the trees and foliage opened up to reveal white sand and endless water reaching all the way to the horizon where the sun was orange with the coming sunset. The beach was terribly empty with no signs of people anywhere. 
 
"It looks like we're on the other side of the beach." Dongwoo observed. "What now?" You looked up at him. "I think that...we might have to spend the night here and try going back in the morning." He broke the news. "Okay...I guess we'll need a fire then...and food." 
 
He looked at you with a surprised expression. You took that a lot better then he thought you would, considering your first reaction to the fact that you two where lost. "...Yeah."
 
The two of you started to walk along the shores and gathered drift wood. After getting an armful of wood, you went back and met up with Dongwoo. He told you that he found a cave that the two of could stay in. 
 
You happened to find a lighter in Dongwoo's bag of random items. Your fire was started and burned brightly. 
 
It was long past dinner time and the both of you were very hungry. Your stomach rumbled. "Where are we going to get food?" You asked. Dongwoo was silent for a few seconds before he answered. "Let's go and see if there are any clams or oysters." 
 
The two of you went to the shore again. Dongwoo slipped off his shoes and pulled off his shirt. You suddenly felt a little shy. He waded into the water and dove under. He repeated this many times, but came up fruitless. 
 
You decided to make yourself useful and began to look in tidal pools. As you searched, you heard a rushing of water. You searched for the origin of the sound. Around the corner, you discovered a waterfall. Water poured from the top of the cliff and flowed into a pool a few metres away. You curiously went to it.
 
"Hyomi! Hyomi! Where are you?!" Dongwoo called worriedly. "I'm here!" You called. "I think I just found our dinner!" He made his way over to you in less then a minute. 
 
"I thought you went off somewhere by yourself and got lost." He said. "I did go somewhere by myself, but I'm not lost." You pointed out. "Tell me where you're going before you leave, okay? I don't want to lose you." You were surprised with his serious tone. "N-ne." 
 
"Anyway, what was that about dinner?" "Oh, there's fish in the pool. Maybe we can catch one." You said, pointing at the clear water in front of you.
 
Dongwoo with his shirt back on and his shorts rolled up, stood in the water trying to catch one of the silver fishes darting around in the water. He had insisted that he do everything and you just sit and watch by the side. 
 
It was amusing watching him lunging his arms downward and almost catching the fish. The slime on the fish's scales were too slippery and they always slipped out of his grasp. He eventually took his shirt off again and told me to use as a net. 
 
The next fish he caught, he left in the water and gripped it's tail instead so it couldn't swim away. "Hurry, Hyomi." You went over to him and caught the fish in the make-shift net. "Got it!" You held the ends together and high fived him. 
 
Going back to the cave, you started to cook the fish while Dongwoo went to get more driftwood. By time he came back, the fish was fully cooked and ready to eat. It didn't exactly fill your stomachs, but it stopped the hunger and somehow it made you feel full in a different way. 
 
After eating, you both sat silently and watched the sun set. You couldn't miss the opportunity and took out your camera to capture the beautiful scenery. Suddenly, an idea came into your head. "Wait, do you think our cellphones will work out here?" You asked. You paused to looked at each other then quickly pulled out your phones for it to only turn into disappointment.
 
"No service." You said sadly. "No service." Dongwoo agreed. The both of you put your cellphones back. 
 
You got up and dusted off your . "I really need to wash myself." "I'll come with you." "Uh...Dongwoo...I'm going to wash myself. As in no clothes." Both of your faces flamed up. 
 
"O-oh uh, maybe you shouldn't. It's going to get cold soon." He stuttered. "Fine, but I want to at least wipe my face. I feel so disgusting and grimy." You wrinkled up your nose. "I'll come too." You looked at him. "I don't want you to go alone."
 
In the end, the two of you went back to the waterfall and splashed the fresh water from the stream onto your bodies. It was refreshing and it did make you feel better. 
 
"Hey, Dongwoo." You called him. "Yeah?" You splashed him a little bit and giggled. "Oh I see how you wanna play." He smiled widely and splashed you back. 
 
By the time you finished your water fight, all of your clothes were damp and your hair was wet. You didn't let it go too far because you knew that you would regret it when you were shivering in the middle of the night.
 
As you two walked back, Dongwoo gently grabbed onto your hand. You looked at him surprised, but he just smiled. 
 
"We should go take a bathroom break." He said. You were grossed out by the idea of doing your business out in nature, but nodded. You left one at a time, not too far from the cave. Dongwoo wanted the both of you to go together, but you persuaded him to let you go separately.
 
After washing your hands in the water, you drank much needed liquid from the bottles you still had. There were four left, probably enough for you tomorrow until you made it back to the hotel.
 
The last of the sun's light disappeared and stars dotted the sky above you. The moon shone, big and full, lighting up the whole beach in white. You had to take a picture of that too. 
 
Dongwoo went out one more time to gather one last armful of wood for a fire in the morning then settled down beside you and warmed up by the fire. You watched the waves turned silver by the moon softly lap up on the sand. The sound was calming and very nice. 
 
"I'm glad you're here with me, Dongwoo." You said. He turned his gaze over to you. "I don't know what I would've done if I got lost alone." You would have been terrified and have already given up long ago.
 
"I'm glad you're here with me too." Dongwoo felt happy at your words. "I'm sorry I got us lost. You are right, it was my fault and I'm sorry. I had to put you through this whole experience." 
 
You smiled softly and stared at the glowing embers of the fire that was crackling and popping. "It's okay. This whole thing wasn't all that bad..." 
 
Dongwoo's heart leaped. He was glad that you weren't mad at him or hated him for dragging you into this situation.
 
"But...do you really think that we'll make it back?" You asked. "Yeah, I really think so." He nodded and looked up at the sky. "I bet that they're looking for us right now." "We are going to be in so much trouble." You smiled.  Dongwoo chuckled. "Yeah. It's okay though. I'm okay with it." "As long as we get back, I won't mind at all." You agreed.
 
The night became colder and the two of you huddled closer to the flames. You hugged your knees to your chest. 
 
"Seumyeowa neon..." You started to sing. "Aryeohi neon..." 
 
"Sujubge neon, nal tagowa." Dongwoo joined in. "Infinite - In The Summer?" You smiled and nodded.
 
"Heundeuleo nal, janjanhi neon, yeojeonhi neon..." You continued. "Gieokeuro ieojyeo." He sang. "Nan, ddo nal, neul na..."
 
"Gerium-e sala~" Dongwoo sang. "Nan, imi nan, imi nan, chueok-eu jamgyeo-isseo~" The both of you finished the chorus and laughed. You laughed even more at his unique laugh. 
 
 "You sing really well." He complimented. "I don't think I'm all that good. I just like to sing sometimes is all." You added another piece of wood to the fire. "Aniya, you're actually really good." He nodded. "Thanks." You turned and smiled at him. 
 
The two of you talked comfortably for what seemed like a while. You had no idea what time it was or how may hours exactly you have been MIA. It felt like it was a whole lifetime ago since you got lost. It wasn't long before the day's efforts got to the both of you and sleep was pulling at you. 
 
The fire had died down to a few small flickers of flames. You used up all of the wood and didn't want to touch the pile for in the morning. To stay warm, you and Dongwoo huddled together. You were leaning on the cave wall near the entrance.
 
Surprisingly, but not surprisingly, Dongwoo found a light jacket in his backpack. He lied it on both of your sets of legs. The cool sea air bit at you still, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been. Dongwoo was actually really warm. You snuggled closer to him.
 
You felt yourself being dragged down into unconsciousness. Using the last of your energy, you tilted your head up and softly planted a kiss on Dongwoo's cheek, then you rested your head back on his shoulder. You were swept into darkness.
 
Dongwoo's sleepy eyes widened at contact and savoured the feeling. He looked at you only to find you already falling fast into sleep. His eyes became tender. "Thank you..." He whispered then softly and cautiously kissed your temple in return. He smiled in satisfaction. 
 
"I don't care about what anyone says or thinks, I don't regret getting lost with you. I think it's the best mistake I have ever made." Wrapping his arm more securely around you, he also felt sleep pulling him in.
 
'Goodnight.' He thought. His half lidded eyes slowly closed and breaths became even. The two of you slept snug and sound without stirring once. It was quite a comfortable sleep.
 
-----------------
 
Morning came. Seagulls cried, waved crashed ashore and the sun's rays lit up your cave. Dongwoo stirred causing you to stir and slowly wake up from sleep. Dongwoo's eyes opened first and the first thing he saw was you. He was surprised that he woke up so easily like that. He was usually a heavy sleeper. 
 
You opened your eyes soon after and squinted at the bright light. You rubbed the sleep out of them and realised that you were still being hugged by him. You gave him a groggy smile. "Good morning." 
 
"Morning." He gave you his goofy smile. He was feeling happy and re-energised. 
 
"I'm going to go pee. Be right back." You yawned and got up. You stretched your stiff muscles. You washed your hands by the stream again and splashed the cool water on your face.
 
Dongwoo had gotten the fire going again and was drinking from a water bottle. "Here, we both drink half." You handed you it. Without any hesitation, you downed the rest of it. The first time you shared a bottle of water with him, you weren't so accepting, but since you didn't want to carry so many unnecessary bottles, you drank from the same one.
 
"Ready to go fishing again?" He asked. You nodded and prepared to go back to the pool. Dongwoo's shirt was off again and in your hands as you waited in front of the water. 
 
A few tries later, Dongwoo succeeds and calls you over. Just like the first time, you scooped up the fish with his shirt and pulled it out of the water. It was smaller then the one before it, but it was okay. It was still big enough for the both you.
 
You took it back and started to cook it. "We'll leave after we eat, okay?" Dongwoo said. "Okay, but are we going through the forest again?" You asked, not wanting to return to the place you originally got lost.
 
"I think it would be better if we travel along the beach. If anyone passes by on a helicopter or something they'll be able to see us." "Okay good." 
 
The fish finished cooking and you carefully ripped off the flesh. It was warm in your stomach. You ate all of the fish with Dongwoo and rested for a few minutes before it was time to leave.
 
You put out the flames the best you could without water and cleaned up your little cave, then you left the area and walked together with him back towards the resort. Hopefully. 
 
It was early in the morning, only about eight or so, but the temperature was already starting to rise by a lot and it wasn't long before you were sweating. You and Dongwoo took a little break after an hour of walking and waded in the water too cool down.
 
You soaked your shirts and shorts so that they could lower your body temperatures somewhat and it worked. You drank a quarter bottle each and set off again with out many complications.
 
The beaches you walked on were quiet and peaceful. There were occasional crabs or hermit crabs scuttling along and every once in a while there were pretty seashells. You picked them up and kept them. You planned to use them as decorations in your room back in Seoul if you made it back.
 
The two of you rarely talked, saving your energy on walking and only stopped every hour or so to soak your clothes again after they dried under the heat of the sun and drink water. It wasn't really awkward though and sometime into the trek, Dongwoo took hold of your hand for no reason. You didn't really care, but it reminded you that you were with him and doing this with him together.
 
Finally, you were down to your last bottle of water and even though you have travelled many miles, the beaches still looked the same with absolutely no change. It was about lunch time, maybe an hour more and you were hungry, but the both of you agreed to take care of food later and focus on getting back and, if it comes to it, find another water source. It was rapidly taking you to that point.
 
"Okay, this is the last of it, make it count." You twisted the cap off of the last filled bottle and drank half of it. You were breaking again, the sun starting to melt your brain and burn your skin. The two of you dunked your bodies into the salty waters again then went to sit in the shade of few palm trees lined along the forest. You handed him the rest.
 
"Thank you." He gratefully gulped it all down. "We'll started looking for more water during our next break. We might have to go back into the forest again, okay?" You nodded. If it were you twenty four hours ago, you would be freaking out, but now, there was nothing you could do but be accepting and try and survive.
 
"Dongwoo?" You asked. "Mmhm?" "What if you were stuck out here with someone else?" "Like who?" "Anyone. Anyone else." He thought about it. "I wouldn't like it." 
 
"Why?" "Because...I think it's better because I'm stuck here with you." He answered. Were those words supposed to mean something more? "How is it better?" You asked. "Mmm....I don't know. I just like it better." All was silent again and you fanned your face.
 
"Do you have someone special? In Korea?" Dongwoo asked. "Special? I have my best friend...she's really special." You thought about her and sighed, the possibility of never seeing her again was present. 
 
"No, I mean like...a guy...a boyfriend maybe? Or someone you like?" "I don't have a boyfriend...but there is this guy I kinda like." You answered easily. What the hell, you could die today.
 
"Oh." Was all he answered.
 
You both decided that it was time to get going again and you dipped yourself into the water again. It wasn't even half an hour before Dongwoo slipped his fingers in between yours again.
 
"Hyomi?" He asked.
 
"Yeah?" You answered.
 
"If we make it back...can I be your boyfriend?"
 
"...Eh...?" 
 
"I want to have the honour and privilege of being your boyfriend because...I really like you." He looked away shyly and you couldn't tell if it was the heat or his ears just turned red at his confession.
 
You were stunned and just tried to process the information you were just given. 
 
"Ah, um, if you don't like me back it's okay...you don't even need to speak to me again after this if you want..." He said.
 
He was being so cute and adorable, even if you didn't already developed a little bit of feelings for him, you still would've found it irresistible.
 
"I think that...you...being my boyfriend...can be arranged." You smiled at the ground. Dongwoo's eyes widened and his heart jumped. "Chinchan?" You nodded, suddenly the shy one.
 
When you and he stopped moving and he didn't say anything, you timidly looked up to find him softly smiling at you and staring at you with tender eyes. "Shouldn't we keep going?" You asked.
 
You faced him fully, his hand still holding onto yours when the other was also taken. He slowly leaned his head down and moved closer, going slowly in case you wanted him to stop. He felt relieved when your eyes fell shut.
 
His lips pressed against yours. At first, you didn't respond, surprised at how soft his lips were even with the lack of water in the brutal heat. You hesitantly started kissing him back and realised that you did actually like him, but you had no idea when it started to blossom. Probably during this whole crazy adventure or maybe even before that.
 
The guy that was back in Korea you said you liked didn't seem so cute anymore and didn't seem as attractive as he was before. That was okay. He was sort of a jerk and already had a girlfriend anyway. Plus, Dongwoo seemed a thousand times better.
 
After a minute, Dongwoo pulled away, muttering an apology even though you had accepted him. He smiled at you widely and took your hand again. With happier expressions and a greater determination, you two walked together.
 
Almost four hours later, you started to feel dizzy and weak. You needed water, but there was none and the sun burned too brightly. You started sweating profusely and your heart beat too fast with the coming heatstroke. 
 
All of the sudden, your body shut down and refused to do what you told it to do. "Hyomi! Hyomi, wake up!" Dongwoo caught you and lied you down in nearby shade. He was extremely worried and all he knew was that he needed to get you to help and fast. 
 
He carried you into the water to cool you down and put the back of his hand on your forehead. It burned, even though he was pretty hot himself. He soaked your body and his shirt. He carried you on his back with both of your bags. He put the wet shirt over your head to to keep out some of the sun's hot rays.
 
You were sort of half concious and only half aware of what was happening. You just wanted to sleep and maybe curl up in a freezer. "Just hold on, Hyomi. Hold on until I can get you to help. You'll be fine. We'll get back and you'll get better. This is nothing to worry about. We can still be together. Just keep holding on." He rambled on to you and himself. 
 
He was scared. Terribly scared that he would lose you and it would be all his fault. He really believed that he was close to the resort and that there would be signs of it at any time now. He wouldn't let you leave him, especially when he just got you.
 
Suddenly he started to hear a humming. It became closer and louder and turned into a vrooming sound. A vehicle was coming toward him and you. "Hey!" He shouted to get their attention. "Help! Please help!"
 
The jeep came closer and closer and stopped right beside him. "Please help us. Help her. We got lost and we were trying to find our way back to the resort, but we ran out of water and I think she has a heatstroke. Just please help her." He said in rushed English.
 
"Are you Dongwoo Jang and Hyomi Kim?" The driver asked. "Yes, please help her." He pleaded again. "Get in, we had a search party after you since you were reported missing yesterday evening." 
 
He didn't fully understand what the man said, but jumped in carefully and hugged his precious you to him. The two of you were rushed back and with the car, it took no time at all. A woman started examining you while you were still in your half concious state and gave Dongwoo water to drink.
 
There wasn't a hospital nearby, but the hotel had nurses and looked after you in your suite where your worried parents stayed by your side and helped the nurses. Meanwhile, Dongwoo was requested to be checked on too and be treated for his burns and cuts he didn't know he had. 
 
He tried telling them that he was okay and wanted to go see you, but they wouldn't let him. You weren't ready and he wasn't either. 
 
It was a couple hours after dinner and you were finally well and stable. Dongwoo went to go see you right away. "Annyeonghaseyo, how is Hyomi?" He asked your parents.
 
"She's sleeping right now. But you can go see her if you like." Your dad moved out of the way and opened the door wider. "I forgot to ask, but how are you doing?" Your umma asked. "I'm doing okay. Just some cuts and sunburns. Nothing to be worried about."
 
The door to your room was open and you were sitting in your bed and drink from a tall glass of water. "Oh, you're awake. How are you feeling, Princess?" You dad asked you.
 
"Just a little thirsty." You held up the glass. "There's someone here to see you." Dongwoo was sheepishly pushed into your room. "Oh, Dongwoo." You blinked.  "We'll leave you two alone. Just don't overwork her. She's not fully recovered yet." You mom told him and both of your parents left. 
 
"How are you, Dongwoo? Did you get treated already?" You asked. "Yeah, I did. I'm fine. What about you? How long before you're better?" He asked, worried. "I'll probably be able to go out and do normal things tomorrow after my check-up." You smiled reassuringly.
 
"I'm really sorry that you got sick. It's all my fault." He said guiltily. "Nonsense. If you weren't there, I probably would have died right there on the beach." You laughed it off because it wasn't such a big deal. At least you came back, in a broken condition, but alive. "No, Hyomi. Because I got us lost in the first place, you had to suffer. I don't know what I would've done if you didn't make it in time." He hugged you and told you his fear with a shaky voice. You realised that he was...crying.
 
"Aigoo, you're such a softie. I'm glad that you worried about me. You saved me, don't forget that part." You lightly pat his back. His shoulders shook, but you couldn't help but softly smile in appreciation. You were flattered that he cared so much.
 
"You know, even though I had to survive out there with you, walk in the sun for hours, go through a forest full of scary animals and creepy bugs, even though I had gotten a heatstroke, if I had the chance, I would still do it all over again. I don't regret getting lost, in fact, I'm glad I did. I got a new boyfriend who cares about me so much that he would cry." You pulled him an arms length away and smiled at him.
 
"You'll still let me be your boyfriend?" He sniffled. You chuckled and wiped away the streaks of wet on his face. "I said I would, didn't I?" "I thought that you might've changed your mind..." 
 
He leaned forward until his lips almost brushed against yours. "Forgive me, but I'm going to kiss you again." Then he kissed you fully, deeply, passionately. You felt weak again and wondered if you were getting another heat although that was impossible because of the water you drank.
 
He pulled away with his signature dinosaur smile. "You're so weird, Dongwoo. I think that you can kiss your girlfriend when you want to. And why would you tell me before you were going to do it?" You giggled. He became shy. You were obviously his first girlfriend.
 
"Then is now a good time?" He asked and leaned in a second time. Dongwoo was about to kiss you again, but got interrupted. "Ahem, but I think visiting hours are over. Hyomi needs to bathe." Your dad was standing at the door eyeing him with a raised eyebrow.
 
Dongwoo hurriedly scrambled backward away from you looking shy and embarrassed. "N-ne, abonim! I'll be leaving now! Bye, Hyomi!" You smiled at his hurriedly retreating figure that almost tripped on his own feet. 

You heard the door open and slam shut as he ran out. "Remind me not to leave him alone with you again..." Your dad said. "Don't worry, appa. He's harmless and as pure as a child." You laughed.
 
"Uh huh. It starts making me question wither the two of you 'getting lost' was really an accident...If I find out you 'get lost' with that boy again, Hyomi, I'll have to leave him here in Hawaii." He threatened. "Appa!" The two of you laughed, his laid-back attitude showing itself. 

Outside in the hallway, Dongwoo was leaning against the wall with his hand on his chest. He was a little more then startled and a little more then annoyed that your dad came in and stopped him from kissing you a third time. He could subtly hear your conversations with your dad.
 
His cheeks flamed up again at what your dad was suggesting. He wanted to burst in and defend himself, saying it really was an accident and completely not planned, but he would just humiliate himself more. 
 
On second thought, he didn't mind what your dad said.
 
No matter what anyone said or thought, he didn't care. Both you and he knew the facts and what was the truth about what happened. But the one thing that he was absolutely certain about, was that getting lost with you was the best mistake he had ever made in his life.