What Really Happened

Through It All [Title Changed]

 HAE JIN'S POV

Aish~ The prom is only 2 weeks away. Sigh~

I just got out of my classroom since it's dismissal already.

"Hae Jin ah!" I heard Jae Rin shouted from the back.

"Neh!" I face her. I mean them. When will this people seperate? Sigh~ again.

"Tomorrow's Thursday but we don't have classes, right?" Hyun Ae's eyes sparkled.

"And?" A tilted my head a bit. Mi Young followed my gaze.

"We'll do some shopping!" Yi Jeun bolted. Oh right~ This girl is a shopaholic, I forgot.

"For what?" I gave them a blank expression.

"Duh~ Let's go now. It seems she doesn't care." Mi Young turned her back but I managed to stop her.

"Okay. I'm coming." I got up and change into new set of clothes.

---

"Jae Rin, will you please come with me?" Here goes Hyun Ae again. Wanting to isolate herself and now she's asking Jae Rin's company. Sigh~ Childish unnie.

"Sure. I know what you want aside from me sticking with you." Jae Rin faked smiled but Hyun Ae chuckled.

"That's why I would choose you than them." She looked back at us. Oh~ She reffered that to us.

I felt my phone vibrating so I searched for it inside my bag.

Oh~ It's Minho oppa! Why would he call? I quickly pressed the answer button.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hae Jin ah!" Minho shouted from the other line.

"Oh~ Oppa! You called! Wae? Is there a problem?"

"No. There's nothing wrong. I just wanna ask something." The pitch of his voice suddenly changed.

"What is it?"

"Are . . . . are you . . . .free .. . .today?"

I looked into my friends' curious eyes' and then answered Minho oppa.

"Neh. Waeyo?" I looked back at them again as they raised their eyebrows.

"Just wanna invite you to come to the park this afternoon."

"Okay. I'll be there. I'l just contact you if I'm already there."

"Okay. See you then." He then hung up.

"Now what?!" Their glares are almost killing me.

"Nothing." Yi Jeun said as she stormed inside the department store.

"Hey! I'm just going to the park with him. There's nothing wrong with that, right?" I catch up with them and held on to Jun Hee's shoulder.

"There is!" Hyun Ae exclaimed. I'm so embarrassed. The people around are staring at us.

"You didn't ask for our permission!" Yi Jeun exclaimed then laughed.

"You're such a baby. Easily tricked by her friends." Jae Rin said while having a high five with Hyun ae.

"Yah! Will you stop it? I got nervous back then!" I tried to defend myself.

"Okay. Okay. Better leave now. It's already an hour past noon so it's already afternoon. Right, Hyun Ae?" Hyun Ae was surprised and her face showing a question mark sign.

"Huh?" For the first time, her pedantic mode didn't show up.

"Nevermind. Okay I'm leaving. take care all of you!" I waved at them as aimed for the exit and got into a taxi.

---

I'm already at the city park. I decided to call him so I look for my phone.

"Yeoboseyo?" It's Minho oppa.

"Oppa, I'm already here." I seated myself onone of the swings.

"Okay. Be there in a few minutes." He then hung up.

 

"Hae Jin ah!" I looked back and saw Minho oppa waving at me.

"Oh! Oppa!" I stood up from the swing and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry if you waited." He then hugged me. Hugged me?

"No. It's okay. I just arrived." He then broke it.

"I'm sorry. I'm just used to apologizing to friends by hugging them." He scratched the nape of his neck.

"It's okay also." Definitely, it's just fine. I'm feeling very lucky I'm the girl who he asked to be with in this afternoon.

---

We've been talking and eating almost an hour now. We found a bench under a broad tree and sat there.

"Hae Jin ah, do you know anything about love?" I almost choke with my fishcake when he asked that question.

"Love? I have no idea." I shook my head and finished a stick of fishcake.

"Well, can I share something to you?" Is he testing me being trust worthy?

"Sure. Promise I won't tell it to anyone." I held my pinky near him and he also entwined his.

"Pinky promise." We both exclaimed and then laughed.

"Okay. There is this girl that I really like. I don't know if she also do." He looked up and caught the nice scene of the sky with streaks of yellow and orange.

"And?" I tilted my head.

"She's a friend of mine so it is hard for me to tell my feelings for her. I don't want to lose her." He met my eyes and I shivered.

"If you really value her as a friend, you must tell your feelings about her and tell what is really your intention. Is it for love or friendship only. It will only be worse if you will keep it as a secret. As time goes by, your feelings will just grow more and more until such time you would only hurt yourself." Am I talking like an expert?

"Yeah. You're definitely right. I thought you don't have any ideas about love?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Hmm. Just spoofed out of my mind and emerged from my mouth." Both of us laughed.

"Thanks again.' He hugged me for the second time. It feels so good when his arms wrap me. I feel so secure and warm.

"Anything for you, oppa." I hugged him back.

 

From that day, we often see each other at the same place and we seldom go to malls and KTV bars to hang out.

---

Sorry if this chapter is boring.

Just wanted to tell you what happened

before their prom night.