Part Two

Once Fated... Always Fated...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

===Two Years Later===

The early birds chirped melodiously outside Gyuri’s room as she packed her bag, preparing for her day at work when the doorbell of her house suddenly sounded throughout the house, informing her of the presence of guests. She made her way to her front door curiously; she wondered who the early guest was.

“May I help you?” she asked the unfamiliar stranger who stood outside her door, she did not open the door fully, cautious of the dangers that the stranger may bring.

“Are you Miss Park Gyuri by any chance?” he asked, matching her face to a photo that he held.

“I’m sorry, I think you’ve got the wrong person” she attempted to shut the door on him, the fact that an unknown man came looking for her with her picture in his hand sent shivers down her spine.

“Wait!” the man put his hand on the door desperately.

“I said you’ve got the wrong person – ”

“Park Jung Min asked me to come and find you” he explained. She immediately softened up upon hearing his name and invited the guest into her house.

“I’m Kim Hyun Joong, a friend of Jung Min’s.” he self introduced as Gyuri gestured him to take a seat.

“I never heard he had a friend called Kim Hyun Joong.” Gyuri said, still unsure about the validity of the man.

“We met during our days in prison.” He explained further.

“Oh I see…” Gyuri’s mind took her back to the scene when Jung Min requested to part ways with her, and once again, tears started to inevitably swell up.

“Why did he want you to come find me? Can’t he come himself…” she began, and then she remembered. “He did say he never wanted to see me again though…” her head lowered unintentionally as grief overtook her once again. She forced a smile on her face in front of her guest, not wanting him to pity her.

“He can’t come.” Hyun Joong said solemnly.

“Why?” she asked curiously, “he must really hate me – ”

“He’s dead.” Interrupted Hyun Joong, Gyuri was taken aback by his sudden interruption.

“What?”

“He’s dead.” He repeated.

“How… What do you mean?” Gyuri prodded, desperate for an explanation.

“Well, you know who he killed right? He was often ganged up in prison by members of that gang, all vowing to take his life in return for the life Jung Min took – that is, the life of your uncle” Hyun Joong paused, he looked at Gyuri as her weak legs gave way, she slid onto the soft, beige couch in her living room, her body trembling with shock and disbelief.

“Jung Min never retaliated once towards their beatings, he would always endure their cruelty… all because he wanted to be released early from prison – so that he could see you.” Gyuri’s lips trembled upon hearing the confession.

“He always talked about you, he always told me about how caring and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter