Part One

Once Fated... Always Fated...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Park Jung Min accused of murder is announced guilty and will serve three years in prison as a consequence of his actions” the Judge announced. A heated response of mixed opinions came from the audience as the Judge left the court.

“He killed someone! He doesn’t deserve only three years!”

“Poor boy, if only he thought before he acted…”

“Classical example of idiotic actions…”

Jung Min did not care for the mixed responses, for none of them offended him, he did not care for the hatred and pity that came from the audience.

Jung Min looked around the court anxiously, looking for the sight of Gyuri; although he wanted to see her desperately he knew her presence would only make him feel less willing to go to prison, he also knew that Gyuri would not be able to hold in her misery if she was present – the last thing he wanted to do for the person he loved was to keep her away from prison. He heaved a sigh of relief at the absence of Gyuri and followed the guards out.

Gyuri was at the beach at the time Jung Min was announce guilty, sitting on the golden sand staring at her elegant watch which was given to her by Jung Min for her birthday present last year.

“It’s about time...” she muttered, tears rolled down her cheeks, she covered to prevent her crying sounds to be heard although the beach was empty. She continued to cry as she thought of Jung Min, she did not know the results of the court announcements yet, but she did know that it was highly unlikely for him to be ruled innocent. She was told by him not to go see him; she couldn’t do anything at this moment except for sitting by herself and crying, reflecting on their past happy moments together.

==========

Gyuri looked around the isolated room, taking in the little details of the grey walls and dim light as she waited for Jung Min to appear. The door squeaked open and in came Jung Min with a prison police next to him. The prison police left them two temporarily alone in the room; he waited patiently outside the door for Gyuri and Jung Min to end their conversation.

“Jung Min” she grasped his hands desperately, his hands were rough and cold compared to the warm and soft hands from the past. Jung Min’s head was lowered whilst he forcefully tried to pull himself free from Gyuri’s tight grip.

“Jung Min...” her eyes were starting to water again, it had been a year and a half since she last seen him and she was taken aback by his sudden coldness towards her. For the past times that she had tried to visit him, she was rejected cruelly by him.

“Please look at me...” she pleaded. She wanted to see his face before their conversation time was over. She tried to look at his face but he continued to avoid her, lowering his head even more. Not wanting to waste any more time, she eventually gave up and started talking to him instead. Although she could not see his face fully she felt satisfied being at such a close distance with him after such a long time.

“The guards told me you have a year left, they decided to let you out early because your behaviour was good” she told him cheerfully, “just one more year... One more year – ”

“Don’t waste your time waiting for me...” he said suddenly. Gyuri was taken aback again; he finally raised his face and looked at her.

“Jung Min your face...” she tried to caress the bruises on his face but he dodged her hands, not letting her touch him. She looked at him in despair, sad at his cold behaviour towards her, “I thought they said your behaviour was good… Why are you bruised…” she muttered, her heart aching at the sight of her lover so badly bruised.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter