When He Gets Home From a Long Tour and Can't Let Go of You

Optional Bias Scenarios

When he opened the door to your apartment, he was confused to see you weren’t doing something in the living room as you usually did. Entering your bedroom, he smiled when he saw you fast asleep on the bed, with papers scattered about you. Briefly he considered quietly shaking you awake, but quickly decided he couldn’t wait that long. Jumping forward, he landed on the bed full force. You woke up with a start, about to yell out before you realized who it was. Sitting up quickly, you smiled with delight.

“You’re back!” You lunged forward, pulling him into a tight embrace. He kissed your face continuously, stopping only to take a breath. He held your face between his hands and stared deeply into your eyes as you smiled in return. It seemed like forever since you had been able to see those wonderful eyes in person. The two months without him felt lengthy and burdensome. Even when he was busy with promotions, knowing he was close by made the absence less painful. The days without him hadn’t been unbearable, but you couldn’t deny how much happier you were with him in your arms.

“You must be hungry!” you said, grinning sweetly. He nodded eagerly and began to walk with you to the kitchen, still hugging your back. You walked awkwardly together, stumbling and laughing down the hallway. As you prepared the meal together, your boyfriend continually grabbed for your hands, your face, and your waist, closing his eyes and smiling into your hair. “Sweetie,” you whined.

“Hmm?”

“If you keep this up we’ll never finish cooking.” He laughed.

“That’s okay.” Eventually you managed to get the dinner cooking on the stove. You set a time and turned to face your boyfriend. He grinned widely and hugged you for what felt like the hundredth time. “You have no idea how much I missed you! I wish you could have come with me. The boys got kind of annoying after a while.” You laughed, falling onto his chest as he sat down with you on the couch. Continuing to hold you tightly, he turned you around on his lap and kissed your lips gently. His strong hands wrapped firmly in your hair, twisting the locks between his fingers. Both of you sat together in this position for a few minutes, enjoying the company of each other.

The timer for dinner interrupted the peaceful silence as you jumped up to turn off the stove. As soon as the two of you set the food on the table, he grabbed you yet again and kissed your cheeks. You laughed, wiggling away from his constant affection.

“Don’t you want to eat?” You rolled your eyes dramatically. “Why…Why are you so…grabby?” Laughing softly, he kissed your forehead.

“I really, really, really missed you.” With his lips on yours, he lifted you up gently. Slowly and surely, the two of you completely forgot about the dinner sitting abandoned on the table, both distracted by something far more important.