Chapter 2

In A Circle

"Kibum..." the moment Jonghyun said his name, Kibum burst out in tears. Heavy screams muffled against his shoulder as he pulled Kibum into a tight hold.

"What did.. I do wrong.. to lose him Jonghyun?"

"Nothing Kibum, you didn't do anything wrong." he murmured as he closed his eyes pressing his cheek against kibum's head.

"Then why did he break up with me for Taemin? Why! Why! WHY?! Was I not good enough for him? He just dropped me with no reason! Why?" every "why's" Jonghyun was being pounded with Kibum's closed fists. He would take the pain for him. He would do anythig for him. Kibum was his 'best friend' even though Jonghyun wanted it to be more.

"He's stupid for leaving you. You should know that it's his lost okay? Maybe your relationship with Jinki wasn't enough. Maybe you loved him more then he loved you. A relationship can not be one-sided. Why do we have one heart? Why do we have a pair of lips? Because Kibum, you need another person to be the other pair so you can be a complete item. Do you get me? Maybe Jinki isn't the one."

Jonghyun finished as he pulled back his arms, letting Kibum out from his hold. He wiped his face with the palm of his hand as he sighed, violently pressing his back against the leg of the couch. Kibum stared wide eyed at him, letting his words processs in his head as he lowered his head, his eyes now glaring at the floor.

"Maybe your right." Kibum breathed out and lifted his head to look at the breathing body whose eyes were closed.

"Maybe I am." Jonghyun replied slowly and softly, his energy used up.

"I'm sorry for putting this on you.." Kibum moved his body to sit beside the unmoving one. His head slowly resting on Jonghyun’s shoulder again. Jonghyun turned his head, opening his eyes as he pressed his lips softly on Kibum's head. "It's okay. I'll always be here for you."

---

"Jinki? What are you doing?" Taemin looked at the 21 year old and tugged on the back of his shirt. Jinki shrugged it off as he stared at the empty wall.

"Go to sleep, I'll go to bed in a bit."

With a quick sigh that escaped from Taemin's mouth he pulled back his hand and his side. His back facing Jinki's, "You shouldn't be thinking about Kibummie. You told me it's over right? Then there's no need for you to think about him."

“You don’t know what your talking about.” Jinki huffed out as he placed his slightly closed fist against his lips.

“Alright then, let me ask you. Are you thinking about him? Do you still love him?”

“Taemin.”

“Whatever. If you still love him, then why are you with me?” Taemin sat up and turned to face him, pulling on his arm. “Tell me you love me…”

“I love you.” Jinki’s voice, monotone and stiff as he kept his back straight towards the young boy who frown.

“Like you mean it Jinki..” whispering slowly he saw the man turn and look at him, straight in the eyes.

“I love you Taemin.” his voice held sincere-ness, like he meant it. But Taemin saw how his eyes were clouded and was not really looking at him straight in the eyes but rather it looked like he was staring right in the middle of his forehead. 

---


Kibum, lets talk. Meet me downtown, you know where.. Now would be good.
-Jinki.


Kibum widened his eyes as he read the text message unhurriedly. Re-reading it again as if this was all a dream. Kibum lifted his head from laying down on the couch, to see Jonghyun in a deep slumber. Jonghyun’s head was rested on the head of the leather couch as he sat there sleeping in peace. Kibum’s legs were sprawled over his legs as Jonghyun’s arms were resting on them. Biting his lower lip, he was contemplating whether or not he should go. But he wanted to go, so so badly. Pulling his legs back as slow as he could to not disturb his best friend, he got off from the couch and walked towards the door. Hesitating, he turned back but only to walk into Jonghyun’s room and grabbed his blanket and tucked him in with it, making sure he would not be cold before he left.

“..” Kibum forgot that he had walked to Jonghyun’s house and it was too far for him to walk downtown at this hour. He looked at the time on his phone and gasped, “It’s ing 3 in the morning and he wants to meet… Crazy guy..” he whispered to himself as he pressed his lips in a straight line. He wasn’t sure how he was going to meet him, and the only way he could was to call him, asking if he could pick him up.

Tapping his finger against his phone he sighed and called Jinki.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Jinki?” Kibum murmured nervously as he pulled on the zipper of his jacket.

“Are you there already?”

“Not really… I’m..”

“Your what?”

“Have no way to get there, Jinki… It’s 3.. Well 3:15 in the morning, do you think I would be able to grab a bus or taxi at this hour?” He could hear Jinki sighing in the background, and then later his voice, filled with a softer tone.

“Do you want me to pick you up?”

“…Please?” he whispered, but loud enough into the phone for Jinki to hear.

“Okay.. Where are you right now?”

“Um…” Kibum hesitated. “Jonghyun’s place.”

“Oh. Alright. I’ll be right there.” his voice was back to a monotone sound, Kibum frowned a bit as he ended the call right after Jinki hung up.

---

Taemin rolled in Jinki’s bed, arms spread wide beside him as he moved both of them up and down. The soft sheets felt nice against his skin as he continued to move around it--Wait. This couldn’t be happening..- Taemin shot right up in bed as he looked around the empty room frantically, beside him was Jinki-less. Taemin felt his heart being broken into small little pieces as he laid back in bed again. Shaking his head, he scoffed to himself but sooner or later tears formed rolling down his soft pale face.

---

Driving towards Jonghyun’s street, he unbuckled his seat belt and leaned forward a bit as he continue driving down the dark street. A figure-surely slumped forward- popped into his view as he slowed down speed. Surely enough, the slumped figure was Kibum, possibly half awake and half asleep.

Stalling his car in front of the young one, he pulled down the passenger’s window and looked at him. “Kibum..”

Lifting his eyes to meet with Jinki’s his heart thumped against his chest violently as he raised his hand, waving nervously.

“Hi..” his lips curved upwards a tad bit, smiling.

“Hey… Are you cold?”

Nodding his head he showed him his jacket he wore on earlier, one that was slashed with opened lines on both arms.

“Ah. Your still wearing that? Thought Jonghyun would’ve given you another sweater for you to wear.”

“What?”

“Nah, never mind. Come on.” Jinki jerked his head, motioning him to get in his car. Shrugging his jacket off, Jinki reached over and gave it to the boy who was looking at him in awe.

“Thank you?” he answered in a question and pulled his jacket off only to be replaced with Jinki’s jacket. “Aren’t you going to be cold?”

Jinki shook his head and started cruising down the neighborhood. “No, it’s alright. I have another jacket in the trunk. But you know, there is such a thing called a heater?” Jinki looked over at him and smiled.

“I know that! I’m not stupid you know?” Kibum pouted a bit and buckled himself in as he sat back against the seat. Slowly before the silence increased between the two Kibum spoke first. “Why did you asked me to meet you.”

“I had some questions to asked you.” Jinki replied quickly, without hesitating he stopped the car in the middle of the empty street. “This whole night, I’ve been thinking, a lot. I was asking myself if moving on from you to Taemin was the right choice, if it was to fast of a move, and if it was worth it. I’m still in the process of thinking but I’m sure I could see where my decision is leading me to. I just need some answers to my questions.” Jinki was now sitting back into his seat, one arm was still stretched out holding onto the steering wheel as he turned his head to the side to look at Kibum who was looking down at his hands.

“Do you still love me?”

---
Hm, I'm not sure if I like this chapter that much, especially Taemin's part in here haha. It's longer than usually so I hope this is alright. I might just end it here because I'm not sure how I'm going to write the next chapter, maybe if I come up with something I'll continue? Eh. I would love it if you guys would give me some feedback, ideas, or anything for the next chapter or just any ideas for fics because my brain is like ---bleh :P (Long author's note huh?)
Ok, I'll end it here. <3 Please comment, yes?