Chapter 1

In A Circle

“You know… The feeling of having a cut is less painful then having to lose someone, Jinki.” Kibum murmured slowly into the cold air. His head leaning backwards as his chin reached high above, his eyes scanning the night sky as his back pressed against the cold concrete of the building. Both hands, tucked safely in his front pockets of his black jacket. Slightly slashed with small long openings, where the air could swiftly graze in, chilling the boy as he it up. Jinki, was sitting about 3 feet away from the young boy as he looked down at his feet, pushing against the gravel making scratchy noises with the tiny pebbles.

The relationship between the two boys was awkward and broken. Kibum’s heart was already wrecked, his eyes held tears that slowly formed around the rims of his eyes as he looked down. Still persistent to keeping his eyes away from Jinki, they both suddenly heard footsteps running down the steps.

“Jinki?” the light voice that ranged through the silent night echoed between the three as Jinki’s eyes and Kibum’s eyes turned to look at the figure. Taemin Lee looked at the two and pressed his lips in a straight line.

“Well. It’s my cue to leave; I’ll leave you two together.” Kibum’s voice was slightly off; his voice squeaked a bit as he pushed himself from the wall with his foot that was hitched up against it.

“Kibum… Do you want us to take—“

“No, I’m fine.” He waved his hand in the air, a sign of a quick goodbye as he walked down the middle of the street, house lights flickering on and off on one side as he pushed his hand back in his pocket.

“Is he okay hyung?” Taemin sat close beside Jinki as he pressed his chin on Jinki’s shoulder. Hooking his arm with the older boy, he pressed his cheek against his arm, eyes peering up. Jinki kept his eyes at the other end where Kibum had left, a slight pang banged at his heart until he felt a nudge and a pull on his arm. Looking down at Taemin, with his big eyes gazing up at him; Jinki leaned forward and pressed his lips on his forehead.

“Come on, let’s take you ho—“

“Can I stay over?” Taemin interrupted and squeezed Jinki’s arm. His voice was loud, hoping Jinki would say yes. With a slim nod, Jinki agreed and stood up. Taking the boy’s hand in his, he led him back up to his apartment.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Kibum was in desperate need; usually he wouldn’t cry or tell himself it was his fault for any break up. But for this one, his relationship with Jinki he felt it was his fault for losing someone so important to him. The fact that Kibum was always blunt and cold at times-- Jinki should have known how Kibum would act. “Stupid!” Kibum spat towards himself as he walked down the quiet neighborhood. His breathing hitched up a notch, crying was not the answer but it was the only thing he could do. He just lost someone and he blamed himself. Fumbling with his zipper on his jacket, Kibum finally took out his cell phone and clumsily pressed open the contacts and called Jonghyun.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
“Yeoboseyo?” Jonghyun’s murmured through the phone, voice groggy and deep as he rolled over onto his in his bed. Clutching onto the phone he turned his head to look at the digital clock, it read 1:00 AM.

“Kibum, do you know what time it is?” his eyes shutting once again as he listened, waiting for Kibum’s voice. “Yah, aren’t you going to answer me?” he waited some more. All he could hear was faint breathing and a lot of sighing with sniffling. A light buld finally lit up in his head as he asked, “Kibum, are you crying?” Jonghyun slowly sat up in his bed rubbing one hand on his chest, warming it up as the blanket slid down his body and clumping at his waist.

“Yeah… I am.”

Jonghyun finally felt his shoulders relaxed as he heard his voice. “Where are you? Let me come get you.” He slipped out from his bed and walked towards his rolling chair that held his v-neck t-shirt and grabbed it.

“I’m in front of your door…”

Walking out from his room, he stopped in the hallway and pressed the phone to his ear. “Your already here?!” shutting his phone with a quick click and running towards his door. He opened the door and quickly pulled his shirt over his head as he looked at Kibum. Looking pale with his eyes and nose all pink and red, Jonghyun pulled on Kibum’s hand and reeled him in.

“… Your hands are cold! Have you been walking? Where’s your car?” Questions were coming left and right from Jonghyun as Kibum just walked in. His face blank held no expression, images of Jinki popped in his head every second. Until a pair of hands gripped onto both of his arms with force that shook him.

“Snap out of it, will you!” Kibum could hear his voice as he lifted his eyes to meet Jonghyun.

“Hyung…” Kibum sobbed out and dropped to his knees as he covered his face with his hands.

-------------------------------------

Comments are accepted !