Kwon Jiyong

My Weirdo Neighbor

- Kwon Jiyong -


As usual I came home from school using my bike, and when I had enterd my house hall, I saw her there. In front of her house’s gate feeding the dogs owned by ahjumah who living in front of her home.
I passed in front of her, while I’m up to my house. I saw her first before opening my fence. She looked as usual, always cheerful and more beautiful every day.


'Good afternoon' she greeted me with a smile. Aish her smile, I can’t see it too long. I turned my face and go into my house. I leaned my body behind the door when I come into my house. I took my hand of my chest. My heart beats erraticly, faster and faster.
I always like this when I see her since I meet her 8 years ago.


- Flashback 8 years ago


At that time Jiyong had just moved into a house near Bom’s house. That afternoon he decided to get around the house complex with his bike. And when he returned, he saw a little Bom was feeding breads to the dogs in front of her house.
Like hypnotized by Bom’s beauty, Jiyong could not turn his eyes from Bom’s faces and *bang* he hit the fence at house that located just down the hall and really near from Bom’s house.
Jiyong winced in pain when he fell off his bike, and the pain disappears when Bom came over and treat the wound. Jiyong even feel, heart problems, because it beat faster than usual as he had just followed the 200 meter running race.


'Uh-oh this is for you' Bom gave a bar of chocolate to Jiyong. Seeing Bom’s smile Jiyong heart beats faster and faster.
Because it's a strange feeling Jiyong never ever felt before suddenly he took the chocolate from Bom’s hand and go straight to his house.


Did she want to kill me by smiling like that? I could die if I see her smile much longer, Jiyong muttered while holding his chest.


- Flashback end.


Jiyong was watching Bom from the second floor window of his house, when suddenly Dami his older sister surprised him.
'Aigoo, Ji when are you going to stop looking at Bom secretly like this and just tell her your true feelings ?' Dami said while messing Jiyong hair.


'Till I'm not going to pass out when I see her smile noona' Jiyong said with a smile still looking at Bom.


‘Babo. If I was Bommie, I would think that you hates me '


'Wae?' Jiyong looked at his sister curious.


'What? don’t you realize? You never returned her greeting, or even smile at her. And you're instantly turned away when she smiled at you' Dami said with a serious face.
'She even asked me, if it is something wrong with her smile because when she smiled at you, you turned your face and leave her' Dami said again.


'Jinja? Am I looked like an arrogant and bleak person noona?' Jiyong asked with a look of disbelief.


Dami stare at Jiyong, then nodded. Means yes.


'Aish noona. I always turn my face from her, every time she greets me, talk to me, even when she smiled at me not because I hate her, I just could not see her smile too long, her round and sparkle eyes, her chubby and rosy cheeks, her lips when she smiled. Seeing that my heart beats like mad it felt like my heart would jump out of my body, although somehow I also want to keep seeing her smile' Jiyong replied with a sad face.


'yah Kwon Jiyong, it means you fell in love Babo' Dami said, patting Jiyong’s head gently.
'You can not continue to hinder other men approached Bommie as you used to do when you was a child and you should start considering to confess your feelings to Bommie before others men ahead of you' Dami said with a smile before leaving Jiyong which is still standing in the front window staring at Bom.