Chapter 9

Never Thought I'd Love Him

 

MINA’S POV

 

 

Saturday, 8AM

 

 

 

 

 

Finally today is Saturday. Today I’m going to Haeyoen’s. I’m really curious about her secret, I wonder what it is.

After I finish all of my morning routines, I decided to go out, to go get breakfast. I’m getting tired of my own cooking sigh. I walked out of my apartment, just then I see Key is waiting for the elevator. I suddenly remember about what Taemin and Minho told me about Key’s parents and stuff. From now on I, Lee Mina will push aside all my hatred towards him and try to be nice to him, I said to myself. I took a deep breath walk towards him and greet him.

“Annyeong Key!” I greet him with a genuine smile. He looked really shocked and reply with a nod. Really? This guy is just urgh, hold it Mina hold it. Then the elevator door open, we both walk in.

 

 

~ Silence ~

 

“So.. Where are you going right now? I want to go to the café to go get breakfast, ah and thank you for the strawberry milk that night, I haven’t had a chance to thank you properly.” I said, trying to break the ice.

When I look at him, he ing actually has his earphone on, I elbowed him lightly but he didn’t response. I pulled his earphone off  “YAH!!”

 

 

 

 

KEY’S POV

 

 

 

 

“Annyeong Key!” I could recognize her voice. I looked at Mina and she’s smiling uhmm she look kinda.. Ahh Key snap out of it, I couldn’t think of anything so I just nod. I can see her facial expression change, then the elevator door open. We walk in.

 

 

~ Silence ~

 

 

This awkward silence is killing me, so I put on my earphone, but I do not turn on the music. Suddenly Mina started talking to me. “So.. Where are you going right now? I want to go to the café, ah and thank you for the strawberry milk that night, I haven’t had a chance to thank you properly.”

Why is she talking to me? It’s not like her to act this kind. So I ignore her, I’m still mad at her anyways, because of her y attitude when I’m trying to be nice to her. Then she elbowed me, I looked away pretending to enjoy the music.

 

Suddenly she pulled my earphone off “YAH!!” She shout.

“WHAT’S YOUR PROBLEM HUH?” I shout and glare at her.

“I WAS JUST TRYING TO BE NICE” She glared at me.

I took a step closer “I DON’T CARE”

“YOU’RE A SICK BASTARD” She took a step closer, our faces was just inches away.

 

 

~DING~

 

 

The elevator door went open and stood there an old couple staring at us.

“Omo, jagiya such a cute young couple!” the Halmeoni squealed.

“Yes, jagiya they look just like us when we were young” the Halbeoji chuckled.

Mina and I look at each other, made a disgusted face and walked out.

“Yah, were not done yet!” I grabbed her wrist. Luckily the lobby was empty.

“Yah! Let me go, I’m done trying to be nice to you” She struggled.

I tighten my grip on her wrist “Remember when I’m trying to be nice to you? Do you remember what you said to me?”

She looked away “ I.. I.. wasn’t in the mood back then”

I released her wrist “I’m not in the mood today either”

 

“Mianhe” I heard her mumble.

“What?” I .

“Mianhe”

“What?” I asked. Louder this time.

“SORRY OKAY?” She said in English, and crossed her arms

“Fine, I forgive you” I said “Don’t you said you want to go to the café? I know a really good one let’s go!”

“But I thought you were…”

“Bye~~~~” I walk away

“YAH wait for me!”

 

 

-------------

 

 

 

 

“Key you’re right! The food here are really good.” she chew on her food.

“Yep, I go here everyday.” I eat my sandwich, I look at her, wow she eats really fast “Mina? Really? First waffle, and now pancakes? Wow you really are a pig”

“Yah, don’t get me started! I don’t want to waste all these delicious food.” She said with full

“Don’t talk with your mouth full! You’ll choke.” I chuckled and continue to eat my sandwich.

“Key” she said.

“mmm?” I looked up.

“I think we should start fresh.”

“What do you mean?” I asked. A bit confuse.

“You know.. We have to forget about all the bad things that ever happens to us”  She said with a serious face.

“Ahh you’re right!” I said.

Suddenly she stands up “Hi I’m Lee Mina, I’m new here. I moved here from America, and we’re neighbor” She smiled, offering her hand.

I laughed. “ What are you doing? Sit down!”

“Start fresh.” She said innocently.

I smiled “So this is what you call start fresh?” I stand up “Hi I’m Kim Kibum, but you can call me The Almighty Key” I shook her hand.

Then we both started to laugh.

 

 

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

 

 

When Mina and I arrived at our apartment lobby, I see Jonghyun is talking with Haeyoen

 

 

“Haeyoen” Mina said.

 

“Mina”

 

“Key”

 

“Jonghyun”

 

“Onew”

 

 

Suddenly Onew come out of nowhere and in, we all stare at Onew.

“Hi guys” Minho and Taemin greet us. We are still staring at them.

“Uhhmm this is awkward, I think we should leave.” Minho said walking away.

“Come on hyung!” Taemin said dragging Onew with him.

“Bye cutie see ya later” Onew winked at Mina.

Mina rolled her eyes.

Hmmm? Is it just me, or Onew hyung just called Mina cutie? Pssh I don’t care.

 

“Haeyoen, what are you doing here? It’s still 09.30 am” Mina asked and walk towards Haeyoen.

“I’m here to pick you up silly!” Haeyoen playfully said.

“Where are you guys going?” I asked.

“I’m going to sleep over at Haeyoen’s today.” Mina answered cheerfully.

“Oh”

Suddenly Jonghyun walk towards me and put his arm around my shoulders “Whatcha doin with Mina? Fall for her already?” Jonghyun whispered. I can feel he’s smirking on my right ear.

“I was just… just.. aish let’s just go” I left him.

“Yah Key! Bye Haeyoen, Mina! See you guys later”  Jonghyun said while trying to catch up with me.

 

 

 

 

MINA’S POV

 

 

 

“Haeyoen what were you doing with Jonghyun?” I asked her. To tell you the truth I’m kinda jealous.

“Oh, I accidentally met him and he was just asking why am I here, and I told him about you want to sleep over at my house”

“Ah, speaking of sleepover let’s go grab my things” I

We both go to my apartment.

“I think this should do it” I grabbed my backpack

“Let’s go Mina”

“Uhmm Haeyoen”

“What?”

“I want to buy some banana milk, I’ve been craving for it since yesterday.” I pout.

“Aigoo, we’ll buy it at the supermarket near the park  ok?” She pinch my cheek.

“Okayy. ” I jump up and down like a little child.

 

 

 

~~~ at the supermarket ~~~~

 

 

 

 

We both walked in to the supermarket then we saw a girl wears a black sweater and jeans.

“Yah Mina, isn’t that the girl who was stuck in the toilet?” Haeyoen pointed at the girl who is picking up snacks

“Oh, yeah that’ her. Lets go say hi.” we walk towards her.

“Hi” Haeyoen and I both said

“Uh, hi” she said.

She looked at us weirdly.

“Don’t you remember us?” I asked her.

She shook her head.

“We’re your heroes?” Haeyoen laughed.

Her eyes widened “Omg, I’m so sorry I haven’t introduce my self my name is Jang Kira and once again thank you so much for helping me!” She bowed 90 degrees.

“Woah, no need to be formal here! What are you doing here?” I asked.

“oh, I was just buying some snacks” she said

Haeyoen and I looked at each other.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Haeyoen and I look at each other.

 

“Yep” I said.

“Uh, Kira do you have any plans today?” I asked.

“Nope, why?”

“Do you want to sleepover at my house?” Haeyoen hold Kira’s hands.

“ehmm,b-but…” Kira said.

“I don’t take no as an answer.” Haeyeon said

“What about my clothes?” Kira asked.

“Don’t worry! We’ll get it, now let’s go!” Haeyoen drag Kira to her car.

“I’ll go get some snacks!” I shouted.

 

 

 

~~~~ Kira’s~~~~~

 

 

 

 

“ Black, black, grey, white. Kira don’t you have any other clothes?” I stare at her closet.

“Um.. no, my mom picked all my clothes” Kira rub the back of her neck sheepishly.

“We have to get you some new clothes” Kaeyoen pat Kira’s back.

“For now let’s just use this clothes okay?” I said.

 

 

 

~~~ Haeyoen’s~~~~

 

 

 

 

Kira and I just literally froze and gaped in front of Haeyoen’s house. It’s so beautiful even though it’s not that big because Haeyeon told us that she only live with her brother.

“Wow..” Kira and I said.

“Um.. guys, let’s just go in okay?”

When we walked in I saw a guy is sitting on the couch watching tv, then Haeyoen just literally jump and hug him.

“OPPA!! YOU’RE BACK? How’s your holiday with Sooyoung unni? Did you guys have fun?” Haeyoen asked.

“Of course we had fun silly. Ah, you must be Haeyoen’s new friend right?” That guy stand up and smile at Kira and I. I think he’s a god.

“Ne-ee” kira and I both answer.

“Oh guys I almost forgot. This is my brother Cho Kyuhyun”

Oh-my-god he’s gorgeous no wonder Haeyoen is a model and he’s afraid that I might be friend with her because of his brother.

“Hey I’m Haeyoen’s brother my name is Cho Kyuhyun.” he offered his hand.

“I’m Mina.” I shook his hand.

“I’m Kira.” Kira also shook his hand.

“Well, Mina and Kira. Nice to meet you two!” He smiled.

We just nodded.

“Well okay. Come on guys lets go to my room, Bye oppa” Haeyeon kiss his cheek.

“Bye”

 

 

 

 

HAEYOEN”S ROOM

 

 

 

 

“Oh my god Haeyoen your brother is super hot” I said while tossing my back pack on Haeyoen’s carpet.

She chuckled “ Yep that’s why every girl in our school adore him.”

“But he’s really-really handsome Haeyoen!” Kira sit down next to Haeyoen.

“I know but those girls in our school can’t have him because he already have Sooyoung unnie!” she said.

“Ahh! Who’s Sooyoung unnie?” I asked.

“YOU DON’T KNOW?” Kira and Haeyoen gasped.

 “I’m new here, remember?” I said.

“Ah, you’re right, I forgot.” Haeyoen said. “Sooyoung unni is the prettiest and the most popular girl in our school and she’s the same grade as my oppa.” Haeyeon explained.

“Ahh okay, wow what a perfect couple.” I said.

“I know right”

“Ah, talking about couples do you guys have someone you like?” Kira said looking at Haeyeon and I.

We all sit on the carpet and make a circle.

“Okay this is a serious time” I said. Both of them nodded “We’re all friends right? So we should share everything. “

“O-kay, so who’s first?” Haeyoen asked, dumbfounded

“It’s you silly! You’re the owner of the house so you go first” Kira and I laugh.

“Okay, so what do I have to tell to you guys?”

“ehm, be honest! Who is your crush?” Kira asked.

“Woah that’s a good one Kira!” I give her a high five.

“Uhmm” Haeyoen hesitate.

“it’s okay Haeyoen just tell us” I said impatiently.

“Well, actually I want to tell you about this at your apartment Mina.”

“Oh really? So WHO IS IT?”

“Uhmm I like Jonghyun” she shut her eyes.

 

 

 

“WHAT!” I shout.