Not Jealous

2min Oneshot Requests

Shinee got home for the day after performing hours before and signing for fans after. Key immediately took claim of the bathroom to wash up, while Onew and Minho went into the kitchen for a snack. Jonghyun went straight to bed to rest. He didn't mean to sleep just yet. Meanwhile Taemin went into the living area and lied on the floor, flipping through channels on the TV. He was trying his hardest to keep his mind off today's events and how they made him feel.

But of course, his brain continued to push them to the front of his mind. It's not that anything bad happened at either the concert or the signing. Both went off without a hitch. All of the fans were satisfied. It was Taemin who had the problem. The only thing separating Shinee from the crowd of fans was a table long enough to seat the five of them. 

'Not that Minho hyung sat down a lot', he thought with a pout. Minho had found himself standing most of the time from fans who tried their darndest to sneak some sort of hug from him. One young girl did it and suddenly it seemed a hoard was trying to squeeze their way into the rapper's arms.

It's not that Taemin was jealous. He and Minho hugged lots of times. More than all those fans combined. Taemin knew Minho's arms like the back of his hand, so there was no reason to be jealous. Not at all.

"Taemin-ah! Want some strawberries?", Minho called from the kitchen. 

"I'm fine!", he replied with a bit of volume in his voice.

Minho poked his head out from the kitchen, one eyebrow raised. "Are you okay?", he asked.

Taemin nodded. "I'm alright. Just tired."

Later, everyone had washed up and eaten dinner. The eldest three went straight to bed, but Taemin remained on the couch, flipping through TV channels, trying to forget his jealousy....which he didn't have. Taemin was dressed for bed, wearing a thin blue t-shirt and pajama bottoms of light blue with clouds. Minho came out of the bathroom and sat down next to Taemin. He was wearing a white t-shirt with black shorts. When he sat down, he put his arm on the back of the couch, behind Taemin's head.

Normally, the maknae would lean into Minho's body. But not tonight. And Minho noticed. He glanced at Taemin and saw his bottom lip jutted out in a pout.

"Something on your mind?", he asked with a friendly smile.

"No", Taemin answered simply.

Minho sighed and wrapped his arm around Taemin's shoulders, pulling him close. "You know you can't keep anything to yourself. If anything, your body completely betrays you." 

"What are you talking about?", Taemin asked, looking up at Minho questioningly.

"You've been sulking since we got back, so tell me what's wrong."

Taemin's lips curled down into a soft frown and he avoided looking at Minho. "You were hugging too many people", he whispered in a small voice.

"What was that?", Minho leaned in closer.

"You were hugging to many people", Taemin repeated in a louder voice.

Minho almost laughed at that, but he stopped himself. This was obviously bothering Taemin. He put his other arm around Taemin and pulled him into his lap. He put a hand on Taemin's hip and cradled the side of his head with the other. Minho brought his lips close to Taemin's ear and whispered, "Don't tell me you're jealous about me hugging those fans? After all the times I've hugged you?"

Taemin was silent but after a moment, nodded his head. Minho chuckled lowly. "I appreciate all our fans, and I want to show them that. But I'll only hold you this way. I'll only let you this close to me."

Taemin bit his lip as it curled into a wide smile. "Minho hyung-"

"You two! Get to bed! We have to get up early tomorrow!", Key yelled from the bedroom.

"Coming!", Minho answered. He picked up Taemin and carried him off, both smiling brightly.