Chapter II - Strangers

I Was Never Alone

 

“Hara.”, the man acknowledged with a smirk. The woman smirked back and began taking her clothes off. She knew how he liked it. First her black mini-skirt, then her red top, everything with as much sensuality as possible. She should keep her high heels at all times – it was his .

“You are getting fatter.”, he observed as she was getting ready to take off her bra. She remained impassive before his remarks. After all, who was he, besides a erted man who got off of seeing women dance – with high heels on, of course.

She thought it pathetic, actually. His fantasy was easily full field and without any trouble – what was better than a client who only wanted to watch? – but she still thought it pathetic – as well as all the other clients she had ever had.

“Kiss me.”, he demanded. That got her by surprise. “I want to try new things.”, he smirked ersely. She complied and went towards him, moving her hips seductively – she was a rather small ed woman, but her best asset was undeniably her wais and bottom.

She leaned forward and kissed him awkwardly. Feeling his hands all over her body, she finally decided and sat on his lap – he didn’t seem to mind.

When they broke the kiss, he looked at her with an unreadable face.

“Dance to me. But stay close.”, he lightly slapped her . She turned around and smirked, looking at an old clock across the room. It’s time.

“Where are you going?”, the man asked, as she started moving towards the other side of the room.

“Isn’t it funnier this way?”, she smiled and continued. As she had planned, he got up and followed her. She took her red high heels.

“Don’t take them.”, he said angrily.

“Why not? It’s not like you’re going to live much longer to enjoy the rest.”, she said with a smirk.

“What?”, he looked almost terrified.

A shot was heard and the man fell down, blood flowing from his head.

 

“Look, Sooyoung, just shut up. It’s your fault. I told you we should have gone to Skype, it’s much easier, but you wanted to use this weird program.”

“Yuri, you shut up. Let’s just finish this work.”, the girl in the computer screen said. “Show me what you have.”, she asked.

“So, I draw this, but I’m not sure if it’s suitable.”, Yuri said, looking at the screen with hopes of hearing a positive response.

“What’s that behind you?”

Yuri turned around.

“It’s a doll. Now, tell me, what do you think of this?”, Yuri asked.

They continued doing the work and exchanging opinions through video-chat, but Sooyoung would always look at the doll behind Yuri, as she had the feeling the doll had moved right before Sooyoung’s question about it.

“It’s so cold in here.”, Yuri mumbled, “Dad!”, she called. “Wait just a second.”, she asked Sooyoung.

A man in his fifties walked in and Yuri got up. She started talking to him, and Sooyoung watched the whole thing with curiosity, as she enjoyed observing other people.

“Should I close the door?”, the man asked before leaving.

“Yes, close it please.”, Yuri asked as she sat in front of her computer. “So, what have you decided?”, she asked Sooyoung.

“Who was that?”, Sooyoung asked with a shy smile.

“Who? That was my father.”, Yuri laughed at her friend.

“Yes, I know that was your father.”, she answered annoyed, as she had previously met the man. “I was talking about the boy besides your window. He looked really cute.”, Sooyoung smiled.

“What are you saying? What boy? Sooyoung, are you crazy, there isn’t anyone in here except for me and my father is the only one at home besides me.”, Yuri said a little bothered. She hated when people tried to scare her.

“Yuri, I was not joking. There was a third person in your room.”, Sooyoung said and before Yuri could respond, a shadow emerged from besides her window. “Yuri!”, Sooyoung screamed.

It was of no use. The man swiftly grabbed Yuri’s head and before she could even think of what was happening, he killed her.

Sooyoung cried, hopeless and scared. The man got near the camera and Sooyoung could only see his mouth and the beginning of his nose.

She screamed as she understood what he had mouthed before turning the camera off.

“You’re next”.

 

“My back hurts so much. I fell from my bed.”, Jooyeon fake a cry, which made Byunghee laugh. “It’s not funny.”, she pouted.

“Continue the rest of the story!”, Gyuri encouraged. Jooyeon had been telling them about the strange events of the night before.

“What did you do with the bouquet?”, Victoria asked with an affected look.

“I put them in a vase”, Jooyeon shrugged.

“Throw them away.”, Victoria immediately said. “Don’t think twice; as soon as you get home, throw the flowers away. Don’t just put them in the garbage, take them from your house.”, she said, her face getting darker and darker.

“Victoria, are you okay?”, Nickhun, Byunghee’s best friend, asked.

“Vic, what the matter?”; Jooyeon asked.

“It’s an evil eye, Jooyeon. Just get rid of them. The black represents death and sorrow, the blue symbolizes ambiguity, the unattainable, the yellow is a promise of a new beginning, but as you had in the bouquet a black flower, it’s not a happy beginning; the white rose follows the yellow; while it can represent new beginnings, I bet it’s not a good one. Get rid of them Jooyeon.”, Victoria said and left, notably troubled.

“How does she know that?”, Byunghee asked almost incredulous.

“Her parents are highly superstitious. And I heard her grandmother had a flower-shop in China.”, Gyuri answered.

 

Jooyeon followed Victoria’s advice and, as soon as she got home, she threw away the bouquet. Sooner, when Byunghee and left her at home, she had assured him she was perfectly fine, but, now that she was alone at home, she felt scared and preoccupied. Who would send her such thing? She did not know.

After turning on the TV and change into comfortable clothes, Jooyeon made herself a good dinner and decided to forget everything. And she spent the rest of the evening watching shows, laughing and singing along.

When she finally got sleepy, she decided it was time to sleep. Snuggling, she closed her eyes and she soon began dreaming. She dreamed of getting up and opening a door in her apartment she had never seen – and which didn’t exist. Inside the small room, a man tied with roped lied on the ground, mistreated. He looked up.

Jooyeon crouched and took the duct-tape that prevented the man from speaking.

“You came.”, he smirked.

Jooyeon then woke up and found herself in the sofa, the TV still on.

“I dreamed of going to bed and having a dream. Awesome.”, she chuckled to herself and went to bed, this time for real.