Where Do Babies Come From?

Chibi YunJae One-Shot Series


Upon entering the small classroom, Jaejoong’s eyes instantly widened when their homeroom teacher, Mrs. Lee walked in, carrying a small bundle in her arms. It had been more than a week since he last saw her.

Jaejoong’s eyes were particularly glued to her flat belly. He blinked. Where did the huge thingy go?

“Mrs. Lee! Your tummy is gone!” the small boy exclaimed in disbelief as he quickly hopped off his desk.

Yunho who was busy working on his coloring book, lifted his head from his best friend’s outburst. His eyes widened as well, realizing that Mrs. Lee was indeed there. His favorite teacher was back! Yunho dropped his crayon and rushed towards the front of the room, the rest of his classmates mimicking his movements.

“Seonsangnim!” the hyper little kids all called out in a chorus as they began to crowd their teacher.

“We missed you teacher!”

“Where did you go?” Yunho asked, directing wide imploring eyes towards the woman.

“We were so sad when you weren’t here.” another one spoke.

Junsu's voice erupted. “Changmin ah was crying because you were gone. He is such a crybaby.”

“I did not cry.” the younger kid retorted.

“Did to.”

“Did not.”

Oh there they go again, little Yoochun thought while rolling his eyes.

“Did to.”

“Did not.”

"Did to."

Changmin’s lower lip quivered as he turned to the teacher. “Seongsangnim, Junsu-yah is bullying me again.”

“But it’s true. You’re a crybaby!” Little Junsu emphasized.

Yoochun reached out a hand and poked Junsu in the cheek. “Why you always picking on Min, Junsu-yah?”

“Pabo Chunnie!” Junsu swatted the hand on his face and stomped his foot on the floor, crossing his arms against his chest in a defiant manner, pouting. “Why you always defending him anyway?”

'Junsu-yah is so cute when he's angry.' Yoochun grinned and poked him again in the cheek.

"Yah!" Junsu scowled harder. “Stop it.”

Aigooo. First day back at school and the kids are fighting again. Mrs. Lee let out a sigh at the chaos happening in front of her. “Children please, settle down. And Junsu-yah. It's not nice to make fun of your friend."

Junsu's pout and scowl instantly diminished when the teacher gave him a disappointed look.

Worrying at his bottom lip, he softly murmured. "Sorry." Then sighing, he turned to Changmin and leaned in, kissing him softly in the cheek. "Sorry Minnie ah.” he apologized. “Sunnie didn’t mean to be bad.”

The teacher's eyes relatively widened as she stared at the exchange.

Changmin rested a hand to his cheek, appearing to be unsure at first. But then he smiled. “It’s okay.”

“Yah, I want a popo too!” Yoochun suddenly interrupted, looking extremely perturbed that he didn’t get any.

Every since that day that they saw their hyung-deul give each other a popo, things took on a different turn.

“But you’re not hurt hyung.” Changmin pointed out while Junsu nodded fervently beside him. "Jaejoong-hyung and Yunho-hyung said you only get popo when you're hurt. And Sunnie was bullying me.”

“I already said I’m sorry.” Junsu whined, lower lip jutting out.

Yoochun opened his mouth. "But I want..."

“Teacher, why is your tummy small?”

Fortunately, children had the attention span of a gnat as they quickly lost their focus on the conversation they were having. Their heads whipped back to their teacher’s lean stomach when the voice reached their ears.

“What is that?" a girl curiously asked as she pointed a finger at the bundle she was carrying.

Jaejoong who had been silent all the while was still staring at her middle. “Your tummy’s really gone.”

Sitting down on the teacher’s chair, the woman adjusted and maneuvered the little angel in her arms so that the rest of her students could see. She chuckled as she reached out a hand to ruffle at Jaejoonng’s hair. “Do you see her Jaejoong ah?” she gestured at the bundle while Jaejoong nodded. “She was in Seonsangnim’s tummy before. But she’s out now because teacher gave birth.” she warmly smiled. “She’s my baby girl.”

“A baby?” Yunho suddenly exclaimed from behind Jaejoong in awe as he pointed at her flat belly. “She was in there all this time Seongsanim?” And to think little Yunnie thought that the reason for his teacher’s big tummy was because she ate a lot of food. When the teacher nodded her head, Yunho’s eyes widened all the more.

Yunho’s Umma and Appa always asked him if he wanted to have a baby brother or sister. Yunho didn’t really understand why they kept asking him that. He was already content with having his Jaejoongie-hyung around.

Changmin, ever the curious little kid raised his hand. “Seonsangnim, where do babies come from?”

Mrs. Lee blinked. ‘Aigoo, I don’t really wanna be in the position to be the one telling the kids how babies are made.’ She didn’t want to answer but the large curious eyes of the students seemed to see into her soul. “Ummm…” she should at least give the kids an idea. “Babies come from two people that love each other.”

The children made ‘ooooooooooohh” sounds in unison.

“Like Umma and Appa?” Yoochun loudly asked. “They always say ‘saranghae’ to each other.”

“Yes Yoochun ah. And because Umma and Appa love each other, they make babies."

“But Umma said babies come from birds.” Donghae suddenly interjected.

Kangin cut in. “Appa and Umma said that babies come from heaven.”

“Waaaaaiiii!” Junsu suddenly screamed. “Appa keeps saying he loves me! Am I going to have a big tummy and a baby like Seonsangnim?” Resting both hands on his middle, Junsu’s eyebrows furrowed into a frown.

The teacher sweatdropped. “People have to be married first before they can make a baby Junsu-yah. And of course you’re not going to be like Seonsangnim because Appa and their little boy can’t make babies.”

“Why not?” Junsu asked again.

“But teacherrrrrrr, babies come from birds right?” Donghae said again, pouting.

‘This conversation is really getting awkward.’ Mrs. Lee gravely mused as she let out a long sigh.

“Why do people get married?” Changmin asked again.

Mrs. Lee felt a headache coming. Cradling her baby to her chest, she answered. “When two people love each other, they marry Changmin ah because they want to be together forever. And when they love each other, they would want to have babies too. Babies come from their love. Just like with all your Umma and Appa.”

Yunho and Jaejoong’s ears perked up at a certain word, their eyes comically widening. Directing their teacher with those large doe eyes, Yunho was the first to speak. “Forever Seonsangnim?”

Jaejoong was also positively bouncing on the balls of his feet. He wanted to be with his Yunnie-yah forever.

“Yes Yunho ah, forever.” the teacher replied.

“So when Yunnie marries the person Yunnie loves, they’re going to be together forever?”

Mrs. Lee thought about it for a moment. “Well… yeah.” Noticing how Yunho’s face had lighted up, a thought suddenly dawned on her. She grinned, her voice dropping into a conspiratorial tone. “Why do you ask?” she paused then let out a fake gasp. “Omo, does little Yunho have a special someone already?”

Yunho was unable to answer the question since the small boy was already lost in his thoughts. "So when two people love each other, they get married!” he mused in utter glee. “They can be together forever." he turned his gaze to Jaejoong who was smiling at the baby. "I want to be together forever with Jaejoongie-hyung.”

“She is so cute Seonsangnim.” one of the girl students cooed as she walked closer to the little bundle.

“Why thank you Hyori.”

Yunho’s eyes darted to the baby in his teacher’s arms. She looked so cute. Yunho also wanted a baby!

Jaejoong giggled beside him, finger resting on the little angel’s soft cheeks. Though Jaejoong might still be young, he already noticed how the baby looked a lot like his teacher. “She looks so much like Seonsangnim.”

The teacher smiled. “Of course Jaejoong ah, she’s my baby after all.”

Jaejoong lifted his head and looked into the woman’s eyes. “Babies look like their Umma?”

“In some cases yes. Like you, you look a lot like your Umma Jaejoong ah. But sometimes babies also look like their dad or it could mix.” Gaze darting to Yunho, she continued. “Yunho ah looks a lot like his Appa.” Then turning to Changmin she added. “While Changmin ah looks like his Appa and Umma both at the same time.”

Pursing their lips, the kids in the classroom began to think back to their parents’ faces. Hmmmmm, now that their teacher mentioned it, they really did look like their Umma and Appa, didn't they?

Shortly after, a chorus of nods and giggles erupted.

Yunho however was still pointedly staring at Jaejoong.

"Yunnie-yah?" Jaejoong asked as he blinked, waving a hand in front of the younger boy's face. "You okay?"

"Jaejoongie-hyung!" Yunho exclaimed seemingly coming out of his reverie. Taking Jaejoong's hand in his, Yunho began to speak in his most ever innocent and pleading tone. "Pleaaaaaaseee, please please, Jaejoongie-hyung!

Jaejoong blinked again. "What?"

Yunho's face spread into a wide ecstatic smile. "Lets get married and make babies with me!"

Mrs. Lee's eyes nearly bugged out as she effectively choked on her spit.

Jaejoong's eyes had gotten as round as the moon. "Eiiiii???"

"That way we can be together forever!" The rest of the students could only stare. Of course, everyone knew that Yunho ah and Jaejoong ah loved each other so much!

"But who's going to have the baby?" Little Jaejoong looked like he was seriously considering the proposition.

Yunho jumped up and down. "You of course, because if Jaejoongie has the baby, she will be very pretty!"

Mouth falling open, Jaejoong quickly took a few steps back away from Yunho, jerking his hand from the younger boy's grasp. "No." he answered heatedly. As much as he wanted to be with his Yunnie-yah forever, he didn't want to have a big tummy like their Seonsangnim! "No way! I don't wanna." Jaejoong furiously shook his head.

"But Jaejoongieeeeeeee!!!!" Yunho whined as he pouted, making a move to grab at Jaejoong's arm again.

Jaejoong avoided Yunho's hand just in time and ran straight to Changmin's back. "No, Yunnie-yah!"

"But I want to have cute babies!" Yunho pressed on as he ran after his Jaejoongie-hyung.

"Yah! You can't have babies Yunho-hyung. Didn't you hear what teacher said? Before you can make babies you have to get married first." Changmin called out while Yoochun and Junsu giggled at the scene in front of them.

But Yunho didn't hear a word as his sole focus was to catch the other kid. "Please Jaejoongie please!"

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Stop chasing me!" Jaejoong screamed as he ran with all his might.

Mrs. Lee rested a hand to her head, sighing in exasperation while the rest of the student merely looked at the two running boys. It disturbed her a bit how Yunho was particularly attached to Jaejoong. 'Oh well.' she sighed again as she hugged her baby to her chest. 'They'll grow out of it sooner or later.'

 

~*~


Hours later at the Jung residence...

"Umma!" Yunho came bounding into the kitchen, quickly wrapping his small arms around his mother's frame.

"Oh, what is it Yunnie-yah?" Mrs. Jung sweetly inquired as she wiped her hands on her apron.

Yunho lifted his head and looked up, his plump little reddish face set into a look of determination. "Umma! I will marry Jaejoongie-hyung no matter what!" And with that said, the small boy immediately left his hold on her mother's figure and stormed into the general direction of his room. Shortly after, the sounds of feet running and Jaejoong's persistent "NO, I DON'T WANNA HAVE YOUR BABIES!" was heard throughout the entire household.

Mr. Jung walked into the kitchen and held his wife by the waist. "Looks like Yunnie's already set his mind." he paused, then sighed. "All the way back to the house, he kept on insisting that he married Jaejoong ah."

The beautiful woman turned around chuckling, snaking arms around his husband's neck and gave him a light peck on the mouth. "Don't worry about it dear. They're kids. They'll grow out of it soon enough." And if by any chance they didn't. It really wouldn't be a problem either since they already loved Jaejoong as their own son.

END