Baths and Kisses

Chibi YunJae One-Shot Series

Little Jaejoong rolled to his side groaning, grumbling under his breath to be given five more minutes.

But the noises above him refused to leave him alone, as the voice only got louder. Then to add to his irritation, the reason for his misery that went by the name of Jung Yunho began bouncing on the bed.

“Wakey, wakey sleepy head.” his annoying best friend whispered into his ear.

Jaejoong cracked one eye open and mildly scowled. “Yunnie-yah, go away.” Jaejoong grumbled again, jerking the bed sheets over his head and screwed his eyes shut. Little Jaejoong was definitely not a morning person.

“But we’re gonna be late for school!” Yunho pointed out, trying to pull the sheets off Jaejoong’s frame.

Annoyed, Jaejoong rolled over and lied flat on his back. He looked up with half-lidded eyes into the grinning face above him. “Leave me alone. I want to sleep.” he groaned again. Why oh why did Yunho turned out to be the type of kid who was unusually chirpy in the mornings?

Suddenly, Jaejoong felt a heavy weight pressing down on him.

Rubbing at his drowsy eyes, Jaejoong’s gaze traveled from Yunho's face then down to their bodies. His pair of onyx orbs effectively narrowed when he noticed the position they were in. “Yunnie-yahhh, get off.” Jaejoong moaned in exasperation.

Yunho cheekily grinned. “Don’t wanna.” he said. Besides he liked looking down at Jaejoongie’s face from there.

“You’re hurting me.” Jaejoong murmured with a slightly pained voice. “You’re heavy.”

When a look of worry seemed to flash in Yunho’s eyes, Jaejoong was just about to sigh in relief. He was quite sure that as much as he didn’t like seeing Yunho hurt, Yunho didn’t want to see him hurt too. Especially if he was the reason for it. With this logic in mind, Jaejoong had seriously thought Yunho would instantly leave the spot on his middle, where he comfortably sat.

However to his surprise, the next thing that Little Jaejoong saw was Yunho’s approaching face as he leaned down, making Jaejoong nearly crossed eyed from the nearness.

And then he felt Yunho’s lips on him.

Jaejoong froze.

Loosing all traces of sleep, the smaller boy immediately broke the contact.

Wiping at his mouth, Jaejoong's voice rose, demanding for an explanation. “Yunnie-yah! What was that for?!”

Leaning back, little Yunho’s eyes immediately took on a panicked and dejected look. “You… didn’t like it?”

Jaejoong quickly noticed the other’s eyes beginning to glisten with tears. “Yunnie-yah.” Stupid Jaejoong, now you’re going to make him cry again. He was just surprised, he didn’t mean to yell.

“I’m sorry.” Yunho’s lower lip quivered, as he tried to keep the tears from falling. “Jaejoongie don’t hate me.”

Jaejoong forced his body to sit up. “No, no no, I don’t hate you Yunnie, please don’t cry.” Unceremoniously palming Yunho’s face in his hand, he softly murmured. “I can never hate you. Jaejoongie never will hate you.”

Relieved with Jaejoong’s gentle words, Yunho brought a hand to his eyes, brushing the tears from the corners.

“There ya go.” Jaejoong helped out in wiping the droplets. “Yunnie is a big boy, so he shouldn’t cry so much.”

Looking into the other's eyes, Little Yunho spoke once more. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you mad.”

“I’m not mad Yunnie-yah.” Jaejoong gently assured.

Chewing at his bottom lip, Yunho supplied. “But you yelled when I gave you a popo.”

Jaejoong could only blink. Why did Yunho gave him a popo on the first place? “Ei, why did you?”

“What you do you mean?” Yunho looked confused at Jaejoong’s question. “Of course I gave you a popo because you said you were hurting and I didn’t want to see Jaejoongie hurt. So I gave you a popo because Yunnie knows that Jaejoongie popos makes him happy so I thought... that Yunnie popos should make you happy too right?”

Jaejoong simply stared, trying to absorb the string of words that came out of Yunho’s mouth.

“I’ve thought about it last night!” Yunho explained further. “I don’t think it’s fair that I only get to receive popo from Jaejoongie when I’m hurt. So I decided…” Yunho’s bright smile suddenly resembled that of the sun. “…that if Jaejoongie is hurting, I’m going to give him a popo too! That way, we’re both going to be happy.”

Well, that made sense. Plus, he kind of liked it, Jaejoong idly thought as he matched the boy’s smile.

There was a knock on the door, followed by Mrs. Jung’s voice. “Yunnie, Jaejoongie, it’s time for your baths.”

“Yes umma! We’re coming right down!” Yunho called out as he deftly jumped off Jaejoong’s little frame.

“Alright honey, I’ll prepare the tub for you. Be sure to be down in five minutes.”

“Yay!” Yunho happily exclaimed as he grabbed at Jaejoong’s wrist. “We’re going to bath together!” he was positively beaming. “Just like the last time you were here! Woo! Jaejoongie-hyung will wash my hair!”

Jaejoong couldn’t contain his own laughter at Yunho’s giggling cuteness. But just when his small feet was about to touch the floor, Jaejoong slipped off the bed and partly fell to the wooden earth.

“Jaejoongie-hyung.” Yunho quickly rushed to his side.

“Ow.” Jaejoong rubbed at his elbow, the one he had used to break his fall as he tried to stand up.

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked in worry, immediately taking the limb for close inspection. “Does it hurt?”

“Yunnie-yah, I’m fine.” Jaejoong said, however Yunho didn’t miss the way he flinched.

Leaning towards the elbow, Yunho puckered up his lips and gave it a kiss. “There. Boo-boo is gone now.”

Jaejoong flushed. But at least Yunho didn’t try to popo him in the mouth. Jaejoong didn’t understand it but ever since last night, when Yunho and him popo each other in the mouth. It made him feel… tingly.

“And of course, here too.” Jaejoong for the second time that morning, froze.

Yunho’s lips were on him again.

“Yay! I have three popos now.” Yunho happily exclaimed as he quickly ran to the door. “Jaejoongie, come on.”

Quickly shaking his head in an attempt to set his thoughts straight, Jaejoong ran after the grinning kid.

“Yah!” He should be at least mad but for some reason Jaejoong couldn’t bring himself to care. “Wait for me.”

 

~*~


“Bubbles, bubbles I love bubbles.” Yunho’s arms were swaying to and fro as he made small splashing gestures.

They were inside the tub that his Umma prepared.

Yunho loved playing with bubbles and his Umma always made it a point that Yunho’s morning bath would always have bubbles involved. Singing happily, several bubbles floated in the air and Yunho was having the time of his life as he kept on poking them.

Behind him was Jaejoong, busy threading his hands on Yunho’s scalp and shampoo lathered hair. “Yunnie-yah, stay still.”

Yunho just kept on poking on his spherical amusement. “Oooh, a big one.” Poke. Poke. Poke. He giggled.

Little Jaejoong sighed. There really was no point in trying to make Little Yunho stay on his spot without causing too much movement.

The seconds ticked by and fortunately, after much tugging at Yunho’s head for him to stay still, with a lot of pouting in Yunho’s part, Jaejoong was finally done washing the other boy’s hair.

Jaejoong stood on his feet and began to move towards the opposite end of the tub.

“I see Jaejoongie’s .” Yunho exclaimed pointing at Jaejoong’s behind as he giggled.

Reaching for the bar of soap, Jaejoong tried to ignore the flush on his cheeks. “Pabo Yunnie.” he grumbled.

“Silly Jaejoongie.” Yunho retorted, sticking out his tongue, splashing water into his face.

Jaejoong turned his head to the side, trying to avoid the assault. “Yah! Yunnie, stop it.”

The soap fell out of Jaejoong’s hands. “Ow, now the soap’s gone.” He reached an arm underneath the water.

Yunho effectively stopped in his splashing and looked down. “There’s too much bubbles Jaejoongie.”

“Yunnie, help me find it.”

Moving closer towards the center, Yunho began feeling for the bar of soap as well. “Mr. Soap, where are you?”

Jaejoong bit at his lip, immersing himself further down the water, shifting closer to Yunho’s space.

“Ahhh, where is it?” Jaejoong shifted closer, pretty sure that it was just around there somewhere. Why is it so hard to find, ei? what’s...’ Suddenly, Jaejoong’s eyes went like saucers, his cheeks bursting into flames.

“Ah, found it.” Yunho exclaimed, proud of himself upon finding the soap. But then his eyes widened when he closed his hand around the 'material'. Looking up, Jaejoong’s petrified blushing face met his.

Time seemed to stop.

And then Jaejoong screamed. “AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

~*~


Several minutes later…

They were sitting on Yunho’s bed, fully clothed in their school uniforms.

After having heard Jaejoong’s scream, Mr. Jung had instantly stormed into the bathroom, panting and worry radiating off him in waves. He had asked what had happened but both boys wouldn’t speak.

Jaejoong had quickly went out of the tub, all red faced as he wrapped a towel around himself. Yunho reached for his own towel and immediately followed Jaejoong out of the bathroom door, saying ‘it was nothing’ to his appa on the way out.

“Jaejoongie, please you have to believe me, I didn’t mean to do that!” Yunho shifted closer to Jaejoong’s side but the more he moved closer, Jaejoong moved further away. “Jaejoongieeeee.” he whined. Yunho felt like crying, tears were beginning to prickle his eyes again. Why won’t Jaejoong look at him?

“Hn.” was Jaejoong’s monosyllabic reply as he got up the bed. Resting a hand at his chest, the young boy fervently tried to will the strange ache to go away. Shortly after, his head began to hurt too. Jaejoong groaned, followed almost instantly by a stinging sensation on his eyelids. Jaejoong clutched at his head.

“Jaejoongie-hyung.” Yunho called out again, concern evident in his voice.

All too suddenly, Jaejoong threw himself into his arms and burst into tears.

Little Yunho was shocked.

Reflexively wrapping his arms around Little Jaejoong’s shaking frame, he began rubbing his back in the way that Jaejoong would always rub at his when he was crying and feeling really sad.

“Yunnie-yah, you’re bad.” Jaejoong sobbed into his chest as the muffled words reached Yunho’s ears.

Yunho wanted to seriously cry. Why was Jaejoong calling him bad? He wasn’t bad! “Jaejoongie-hyung.”

Jaejoong began to land small light punches on Yunho’s back. “Bad Yunnie, bad Yunnie, bad Yunnie.” Pulling himself from the embrace, Jaejoong’s tear filled eyes gazed up into Yunho’s own. “I… I want… want a popo.”

Yunho’s eyes widened. Did he hear that right? Was his Jaejoongie-hyung really asking for a popo?

“Bad Yunnie!” Jaejoong said again, tears trickling the side of his cheeks. “Yunnie touched me there and made my heart hurt and now you make my head hurt and you’re not giving me a popo to make it all... mmphh.”

Jaejoong was silenced when Yunho leaned down, resting his mouth against his. Jaejoong's eyes began to close.

Shortly after, Yunho leaned back and gazed into the other boy’s eyes.

“Jaejoongie-hyung, I’m sorry for making you sad.” His eyes were watering too but Yunho didn’t want to cry.

Jaejoongie-hyung said that he was already a big boy and he shouldn’t cry.

“Crybaby.” Jaejoong sniffed, reaching out both hands as he began wiping the tears that accumulated at the corner of Yunho's eyes. “Pabo Yunnie." he murmured. "Almost forgot his promise too.”

“Yah!” Yunho began to protest but was left speechless when Jaejoong pressed his lips on him again.

 

~*~


During lunch break at school…

“It’s nice that you already kissed and made up.” Little Yoochun beamed while sipping his orange juice, completely oblivious to the fact that what his hyung-deul did was exactly kissed and made up.

Jaejoong and Yunho looked at each other then at the others, smiles reaching their ears.

“Yeah, it was sooooooooo weird seeing Jaejoong-hyung not talking to Yunho-hyung for a few days.” Little Junsu agreed as he consistently shoved one sandwich after the other into his mouth. Talk about a fast eater.

“It just didn’t look right.” Little Changmin nodded, innocently reaching for Junsu’s packed lunchbox.

“Yah!” Junsu swatted at Changmin’s hand. “Stop stealing my food!”

“I didn't steal your food.” Changmin defended.

Junsu fumed. Of course Changmin always stole his food. “Did to.”

“Did not.” Changmin pressed on.

“Did to.”

“Did not.”

“Aish!” Yoochun placed himself between his arguing friends. “Yah! Stop fighting.”

“Aigoo, they’re making my head hurt.” Jaejoong whined as he covered his hands on his ears, grimacing.

Yunho’s facial expression immediately lighted up. He giggled. “Jaejoongie.”

Jaejoong turned his neck. “Hmmm?”

Yunho grinned and held the other’s face, puckering his lips and kissed Jaejoong softly on the mouth.

Little Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin spluttered and choked on their lunch.

END