A Sweet Black Day (final)

A Sweet Black Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was secretly watching the couple who were kissing just couple of desk in front of mine when my cellphone rang. It’s Seoul’s area number. But who, I already have Junsu’s and Taeyeon’s number. Who else will call me at this time?

I stared at the screen for a while.. probably be Tiffany or that Changmin just bought a new cellphone. I was about to answer the call when it ended. I am so irritated with this kind of situation, being called but not being able to answer. Why call if you don’t want me to answer? Ugh, the problem is, I won’t just forget it. I will think something like, the caller must be needs me but shy, or maybe he or her might got kidnapped like in the ‘Cellular’ movie. I have to call them back!

I call the incoming number back, it takes a while before someone pick up the phone. “Hel..lo..”

“Two black bean noodles on the table number 3 please!!” Hyori eonni shouted to the kitchen, I was really taken aback because she was right beside me. ‘sorry’ Hyori eonni mouthed me. I just nod and then speak again to the line.

“Hello?” I ask, but he kept on silent. “Anybody out there? Hello?”

“Would you mind to stay there for some more minutes Ginny? I’ll be right there in a flash, I promise!” he spoke.

“But who…. Omo.. Jaejoong????”

He hung up, I stared at the screen. Is it Jaejoong? It’s his voice! Should I call him again? But he said he’s coming! Oh, better not calling him now because he must be running coming. Now, my heart beating faster than before, I’m so nervous. I finally will see him, I know, patience will give me best result and now he’s coming to meet me here.

“It’s so annoying that my own boyfriend won’t even call me baby! We have been dating for two years but he still treating me like a class mate. If he doesn’t love me, he could just say it. I’m tired of his act.”

A girl just came and joined the ‘kissing’ couple, this one is even prettier than the girl who’s fixing her lipstick now. They must be models, I bet! Seoul’s girls! Ckckck..

“I can say it too Yeli, he never loves you. I mean, you confessed to him, not him confessed to you. He was just too polite to reject you on your party. I personally pitied him for that,” said the guy to her that made his girlfriend smacked him on his head.

“But I was right baby,” said that guy to his girlfriend, rubbing his head. “Yeli better break up with him and get a new boyfriend. Josung likes Yeli, doesn’t he, babe?”

“You just called Sunmi ‘babe’? He told this movie about a fat pig named ‘babe’, he made it as an excuse to refuse calling me baby or babe,” the Yeli girl took her friend juice and drink it. “I’m hungry. We’re going to the club aren’t we? I want to eat their pasta.”

“We already ordered some snacks, let’s eat the snacks before leave,” said the guy. “It’s expensieve!”

I smiled to that ‘babe’ thing, silly boyfriend of her. Jaejoong will do the same excuse to avoid something he doesn’t like to do. I smiled meaningfully remembering about him, I remember the time he always called me baby. I missed it, his voice when he say baby to me. Now I wonder, does he knows that ‘babe’ movie? I watched it once but I cried because of the plot, a pig that had feelings.

“Oppa, this time, I won’t let you drink like last time! I want you to drive me home, not me drive you home!” the Sunmi girl tells her boyfriend. Her boyfriend kissed her on her cheek.

“Sure. I promise I’ll drive you home tonight, it’s dangerous these days for a girl to go home alone,” I smile at that guy’s word. Everything is reminding me of Jaejoong now.

 

*flashback*

“It’s late, I’ll go home now before my parents call police,” I stood up and gather my books. Jaejoong lightly laugh, he also closed his book and gathered up his books. As usual, we’re on the school’s library, it’s always open for students until 9 pm. We have been studying for the final, it’s only two weeks before the exhausting examinations.

“I’ll walk you home,” he said before he took his jacket and throw it to me. “Wear it. it’s cold outside!”

“No need to, you know. You’ll get cold yourself. And I can walk home alone, it’s just two blocks from here anyway.”

“Cold won’t kill me, I’m Kim Jaejoong! Beside, It’s dangerous for a girl to walk home all alone at these days Ginny. Especially when your parents are the ‘calling-pollice-when-she-came-home-late’ type.”

I smiled, this guy is really knows how to make a girl smile all day. “You look like a worry boyfriend over his girlfriend after their date.”

“Tch.. If spending five hours at the library with a lot of books, in uniform and only talked about the lessons and assignments..is a ‘date’ for you. Then, next time, let’s have a date in the Lotte World!”

That was simply means, ‘yes. I am worry over you!’ That is Jaejoong’s way to say his feelings.

*end of flashback*

 

My cellphone rings again. Changmin’s number, this bastard still has his courage to call me. “Where are you? An hour huh? It’s been three hours babo!”

“I’m lost! I forget the way back there! What should I do?”

“Just forget it. He’s coming, I will face him alone.”

“He’s coming?” asked Changmin. “Congrats! Now, how will I get to your home? Junsu texted me, he said that he and Taeyeon will go to your house tonight!”

“Just call him and asked him to pick you up then!” I rolled my eyes. “Or take a taxi!”

“Taxi’s expensive. I’ll call Junsu then. Well, uhm, good luck! If you need my help just call me okay. I’ll bring along Junsu and Taeyeon to help you. Hahahaah..” Changmin hung up his phone. I sigh, he’s so smart but dumb at the same time and silly.  

Ah, I can’t wait. I want to see Jaejoong so bad now. Is he still as handsome as he was? I think I have to go to the restroom to fix my look. I want to show him my perfect look, well, I’ve been waiting for him for about 8 hours. I am a really patient one, am I not? But, it’s Jaejoong. I will wait all of my life if it’s for him. And see, he remembers! I always tell myself, ‘waiting isn’t that bad if I we expecting something good to happen’.

I spent five minutes in the restroom, checking my own reflection. I was about to get out when the Yeli girl get in the restroom. She bumped at me and we both almost fell, I take her hand to help her preventing from smashing the cold floor. I have learnt how to keep my balanced with heels. She smiled at me, while saying thanks. Her watch was stuck on my cardigan. I helped her to free it and then I went back to the big mirror to fix my clothes while she went in to one of the cubicle.

“Chanel isn’t it? Masculine yet feminine at the same time, I used to wear Chanel too,” she said when she joined me facing the mirror. So what if you wear the same brand as i? She  dried her hand in the drier, “But I don’t really like them thou. I love Gucci, the most expensive and on the top of the ten top clothing brands.”

“Oh really? Good then,” I just smile and leave her not satisfied with my answer. Who cares if you loves branded clothes, it’s your money you’ve spent, not mine.

Let me just think of something I should say to Jaejoong when he arrived. What should I say first? ‘Hi, how are you?’ Or uhm, ‘Long time no see. I miss you!’ Or..ugh.. I’m super nervous. It’s strange isn’t it, being nervous when you’re going to meet your old friend. Well, he’s not only an old friend of mine, he’s the best friend of mine, my first crush, my first love. He’s the first guy that ever confessed to me he liked me, and he liked me when I’m just nobody. He sees me when no one does. That’s why I’m nervous, because I felt the same, and I’m hoping he still have it, the feeling towards me.

I decided to get back to my desk, he could be here in any minutes by now. Hyori eonni came to me to ask if I still want to wait there, she will give some drinks. I told her that Jaejoong is coming, she congratulates me and said she will give me discount for tonight. When Hyori eonni left, someone came through the entrance. Someone who takes my breath away and makes my lips curved into a widest smile you’ll ever see. It’s him! The one and only Kim Jaejoong.

I smiled at him when he at last look at me and makes a simple eye contact, but when I just want to wave at him, he turned away to the opposite direction. I’M HERE YOU IDIOT! He didn’t change, he still the same Jaejoong. Though, much more mature, much more handsome, much more taller, much more stylish, and idiot. Can’t he recognized me?

“Jaejoong!!” my mouth called his name without me knowing. Unfortunately, someone called him louder than my voice. It’s that Yeli girl, she left her desk and run towards Jaejoong, she hugged him tight. “Jaejoong oppa, what are you doing here? How did you know I’m here?”

Oppa? Jaejoong seems to be surprised to see the girl, well, I kinda surprised too. So, it’s Jaejoong she was talking about with her friends? Jaejoong was the guy who told her about the fat pig name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter